• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU UNC

BengalSapper

I am sitting in Afghanistan in a tent it is past midnight and its getting cold. I have a internet connection waiting to listen to the game. Good luck Bengals

ISU 35 UNC 17

The scary thing about this offense is that it's only 3 games old! It hasn't even been fine tuned yet! Lovin' it!

I hope UNC can upset some teams this year. We can certainly empathize with the Bears. Collins may or may not be the man to turn it around. I guess we'll see.

There was a column floating around from the UNC student newspaper. That didn't do their team many favors today either.

http://www.uncmirror.com/sports/idaho-state-bengals-the-make-it-or-break-it-rival-1.2569325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Go Bengals!

Kramer will take you guys far, that was a great win today, what a way to start conference play.

Congrats to you all.

This was great. I was on my feet yelling on every 3rd down. It was worth only getting 3 hours sleep. I can’t wait to get out of Afghanistan in a couple of days and can’t wait to see the circuses in person.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

"With new head football coach Earnest Collins Jr. at the helm, UNC football will be on the map within the next three years, and the Bengals will be left alone in the Big Sky basement." --UNC's The Mirror

50-20... How Charlie Charbonneau could come up with that line, especially after UNC lost to an NAIA school, is beyond me. I think Coach Kramer and his Bengals proved Charlie very wrong tonight.

Did everyone notice our lack of penalties? -especially delay of games, illegal motions, ect.. That's all coaching and the clearest difference between the Kramer crew, Zamberlin and Lewis. We've needed that kind of discipline for years. Oh, and I absolutely love our offensive scheme.

After watching last night's game, it's hard to believe that this year's team is so much more improved than the ISU teams of the last few years. Especially when you consider that most of the kids on the team are Zamberlin's recruits. Z's teams had so much difficulty scoring points and even moving the ball, for the most part, but this year's team won't have that problem at all. If the Sagarin ratings have any kind of credibility and veracity, then last week they had ISU rated #202 out of 246 Division 1 teams, and the worst rating of any Big Sky team. But they soon should move up the rankings significantly, as good as this team is. When one of the MSU posters came on this board a few months ago and said that ISU will win a Big Sky championship soon with Kramer at the helm, I now believe this!!

I was somewhat disappointed by the crowd of about 6300, but the attendance figures should increase significantly soon. I fully expect to have a crowd of over 8000 on hand for the PSU homecoming game, and over 8000 as well for the Montana game. I hope we can find a way to beat NAU in Flagstaff next week. Remember, we haven't beaten them in Flagstaff in over 25 years!

Nice win! Nice feeling to leave the dome with a win and not a big pit in my stomach.

I can see a huge difference in fundamentals and mechanics in our players, especially the O-line. It's nice to see protection for our QB.

This win will be good motivation to go into NAU and hopefully beat them at home, since it has been nearly 25 yrs.

Great game and the fans were doing a great job! Go Bengals!

BengalSapper, thanks for your service. I have had a chance to be there for many of the 116th homecomings and it is something I will never forget. :notworthy:

I think a lot of people were waiting to see if we could be beat a team from our level before jumping on the bandwagon. At least that’s what our waiter at Texas Roadhouse told me last night. Bengal fans had reason to be skeptical but not anymore.

This team is playing with a level of confidence that we haven’t seen in a very long time. The most impressive thing for me is that they are doing it with discipline. I couldn’t believe the lack of penalties last night especially against a team with a complete lack of discipline from the coaches down.

Yost is a special player to watch. I know we have quality behind him but there was a noticeable drop off whenever he would leave the game. He knows the offense as well as anyone and he just makes plays.

I’ll be honest with you, I wasn’t thrilled when coach Z was let go because I consider him a friend but in hindsight it had to be done. Northern Colorado screwed around with their coaching situation for too long and they will pay the price for a long time. It feels good to own those guys again. It feels even better to know that we have a coaching staff that is driven to make ISU a contender.

On a side note, I had a chance to visit with Dave Kragthorpe after the game and you can tell how excited he is for this program. I can’t wait to see his grandson take the reigns when Kramer has more of his pieces in place. We are going to do some special things.

Coach Kragthorpe is really looking forward to the Portland State game because we are celebrating the 30th anniversary of his national championship team. We need to honor them right. Bengal fans need to come out in numbers for this. IF we are somehow able to leave NAU with a win, there should be over 9,000 people in the dome for the PSU game. It would be awesome to have some sort of video montage from 1981 season on the video board. I know that takes time and possibly a part or two for the video board but it should be done. Let me know if we can help. I’m sure KPVI will be running stories on this in the weeks to come.

On a personal note, I was wearing my 1981 National Championship hat to the game and of course I had Coach Kragthorpe sign it. I’m putting that thing in a display case until my future son or daughter is old enough to get married and then they can wear it in the ceremony. :D

A couple of Cub observations...

This team is competitive despite of the lack of depth in the program. ISU has 8-12 (too lazy to count but trust me on this one) kids that were with the team in the spring that are out for the season, yet they still are competitive.

This team did not crumble during crunch time. The UNC game could have went either way until late in the 3rd QTR. The muffed punt snap, the missed PAT's and Yost's pick for six would have been plays that cost ISU the game in days past. So, the thing that I am most impressed with is the teams ability to overcome some adversity. I will be the FIRST to admit. I watched this whole game scared that ISU would crumble in the crunch.

All three QB's are good, every single one of them. ALL THREE were recruited late in the recruiting process.

The defense really played a solid game, they were drilling people out there and playing very physical.

This team is not without deficiencies and weakness, but they can win some more games and there is no doubt in anyone's mind after yesterday, that this team is making some very promising progress.

BengalSapper said:
I am sitting in Afghanistan in a tent it is past midnight and its getting cold. I have a internet connection waiting to listen to the game. Good luck Bengals

ISU 35 UNC 17

Sapper - you could have lit off a few artillery rounds or Claymore's for each of ISU's scores and that would have about flattened the countryside tonight!
Be safe and thank you and your fellow soldiers for your sacrifices and service! Hooah! :thumb:

notabengalalum said:
BengalSapper said:

ISU 35 UNC 17

Sapper - you could have lit off a few artillery rounds or Claymore's for each of ISU's scores and that would have about flattened the countryside tonight!
Be safe and thank you and your fellow soldiers for your sacrifices and service! Hooah! :thumb:

I have a 1841 field cannon replica that I purchased last year. I was going to get a group of guys together to shoot it at the games but I was deployed to Afghanistan. I will be home for the EWU game and would like to start the tradition then. I have tested it and it will work great in the dome let me know if this something that people are interested in. I have offers from people to purchase this cannon for High school games and other events but I would like to see it used for ISU games.

Latest posts

Back