• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU v. NAU

Irwin M. Fletcher was starring in Fletch the last time we won at NAU, 1985.. Wow! I think it'll be close, but they seem to have our number. I'd be ecstatic with a W moving back to Holt at 3-1 for Homecoming..

NAU 31
ISU 28

Does anyone know how much longer T. Moore will be out?

Here's the NAU mother-load...

http://www.kpvi.com/content/sports/story/Idaho-State-vs-N-Arizona-Preview/Atzpn60MEk6NKUtBj-756w.cspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tuffgong...i would agree they've had our number....but i think Kramer will have theirs....we may miss an extra point or two...maybe a field goal....but i'm thinking (hoping?)....

...ISU 38
....NAU 24

ISU wears orange and oranges have lots of vitamin C in them. Creamsicles are orange, too. Yum! Lumberjacks, well... "...I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars."

Reality for a minute... This is a tough week for the Bengals. You can practice against a scout offense & defense all week. You can get your team fired up and ready to play, but how can you prepare or simulate Flagstaff's elevation. Maybe run stairs for 60 minutes and then start practice. I don't know of any other way to get the kids ready for the thin air.

ISU 17
NAU 35

I hope I'm wrong.

Here are other predictions for the Big Sky this week...

TCU wears purple and have a horny newt for a mascot. Their brilliant move to the Big East just kicked them in the junk. Portland State wears green and money is green. Too bad, the horny newts are fightin' mad right now and they have their way with the Vikings.

Portland State 7
TCU 52

Weber State wears purple and they're from Ogden. Ogden is not too far from Lagoon. I like Lagoon. N. Colorado, well, let's just say the bears barely score.

Weber State 49
N. Colorado 9

Ocassionally, you can see wild bobcats in the Idaho mountains. This past summer, I saw my first mountain lion in the wild near Pine, Idaho. Yeah, it's a reach, but they are related. The Eagles play on a hideous red field (this from a guy who's watched the Broncos on the blue for 25 years). No novelty in Cheney, just eye hurting hideous.

Montana State 31
E. Washington 17

Sacramento State had its big win in week one in Reser. Reser makes great potato salad. But, I was hoping that they'd take care of Weber last week. WRONG! I'm going to Montana this weekend for a Monday meeting with a client. They are Grizz fans. Gotta like the Grizz, if nothing else, for the client.

Montana 35
Sac. State 10

There you have it. Another week of predictions that don't make any sense whatsoever.

This morning, I looked up the ISU/NAU score from last year in Holt Arena. Nothing to do with this year, but I was reminded of the 32-7 ass kicking we took at home. RE: VOTB post earlier. I hope we show up at their house on Saturday and "bring Hell with us".

ISU = way more than 7
NAU = way less than ISU

We can win this one. This might be a dog fight. Our momentum is really steam rolling ahead. Most of the team is sold on Kramer's way. He woke up the sleeping Tiger.

Why not now!? Why do we have to wait for 2-3 yrs down the road? We can do it now.

I like the video of Liptak? telling Kramer that we havn't won there since 1984 and did you see Kramer's answer??? Classic answer....did that, done that, doing it........He was all business!

ISU-27
NAU- 17

Very winnable game - I am traveling from So Cal to attned the game in Flagstaff. For those that saw the UNC game, the glaring issue to me that has to be addressed sooner than later for the Bengals is protecting Yost. The combination of #26 and #32 from UNC almost single-handedly ended his season with unblocked blitzes throughout the first half and a portion of the second half. Surely NAU has seen the film and will attempt to do the same thing -- let's be honest, Yost is the catalyst of the Bengal offense and opponents will do ANYTHING to take him out of the game....sad, but true. If we can protect Yost, I don't think many teams will have an answer for our offense. Now, on the defensive side of the ball, this will probably be a much more potent offense we are facing in comparison to UNC. We have to be able to stop the run and then we can force mistakes when they go to the air. In the end, I see this game hinging on special teams and turnovers - my prediction: ISU 33, NAU 25

I just read on the Bengal Football website that the game is going to be televised on Direct TV stations 617 or 623 on Saturday. Although I will be there in person, I will definitely DVR it so I can watch it when I return.

EyeOfTheTiger91 said:
Very winnable game - I am traveling from So Cal to attned the game in Flagstaff. For those that saw the UNC game, the glaring issue to me that has to be addressed sooner than later for the Bengals is protecting Yost. The combination of #26 and #32 from UNC almost single-handedly ended his season with unblocked blitzes throughout the first half and a portion of the second half. Surely NAU has seen the film and will attempt to do the same thing -- let's be honest, Yost is the catalyst of the Bengal offense and opponents will do ANYTHING to take him out of the game....sad, but true. If we can protect Yost, I don't think many teams will have an answer for our offense. Now, on the defensive side of the ball, this will probably be a much more potent offense we are facing in comparison to UNC. We have to be able to stop the run and then we can force mistakes when they go to the air. In the end, I see this game hinging on special teams and turnovers - my prediction: ISU 33, NAU 25

Which is why putting a freshman RB in the backfield is insane. Unless he's massive and can block!
Trust me the obvious is known, get to the ISU QB and you win the game.

Come winter ISU coaches will be looking for a 6'2 230lb blocking back whose sole responsibility will be pass protection. When you send the message that you intend to throw the ball 60+ times a game, indirectly you put a target on your QB's back. Yost has already demonstrated he's a tough young man but he ain't made of metal.

Yost cannot continue to take a beating.

The protection issues were addressed during the coaches show and it made some sense to me. The idea is for the QB to get rid of the ball very quickly. If the play is not there, throw it away, ISU is not afraid of 3rd down. This past weekend, the guards in particular were having some miscommunications. Outside of that, and even though Zamora played admirably—he was not a threat to run or catch the ball in the flat and the opponent knew it. Also, the substituted backs do no have the pass protection schemes down as good as the regulars. With that said, when you have a speedy guy in the backfield, they do not intend for him to block, the intend for him to spread the defense out in the flats.

This is an offense about spacing and timing. Yost needs to get rid of the ball quicker and not be afraid to throw it away. If teams continue to blitz, ISU will adjust to it and kill them with the quick pass. If you notice last week, a number of sacks and pressure happened on pass plays with longer routes. Also, the ISU O-line is cut blocking on a fair number of pass attempts. Cut blocking is effective, but you need to throw quickly on a cut block.

The cool thing is, everyone needs to improve—so the offense should continue to get better as the season goes along. The offensive line is playing solid considering the number of pass attempts.

Finally, if teams drop 7-8 in coverage, the middle will open up and the RB’s and Yost will have some major running lanes. Also, a short quick pass is just as effective as a three or four yard run.

As for the game, it is hard for me to believe that ISU can win in Flagstaff. NAU is always solid, but rarely top three in the league. NAU always seems to underachieve when they are supposed to be great and be considerably better when folks think they won't be very good.

A win here would be huge. I'll be watching it with my fingers crossed.

Go Bengals!

Addressing the subject of the benched backs availability -- we have a winner in Kramer and his staff, regardless of how things go the remainder of this season -- therefore, I am not going to question his decision of who starts on Saturday. He is the Head Coach and I support him. I think back to the movie, "Hoosiers", in the beginning when Gene Hackman has a player foul out and is faced with bringing in a previously disciplined player or simply playing with 4 players on the floor. Most know the scene, and Hackman went with 4 players, because "this is my team" were his words. Kramer is not only trying to win games, but win them the right way and building a team that exemplifies the word TEAM. I trust Kramer, that is all I am going to say. Now, lets go out and kick some Lumberjack butt.

The name of the game this week is turnovers.. If we turn it over once or less, we've got a real shot. Let Harrington do work and make them drive on us..

Pay attention to detail. NO penalties, play smart and ISU will do fine. I will not be able to listen or watch the game as I will begin the trip back to the states but cant wait to find out the score.

ISU 35 NAU 28

ISU - 28
NAU - 38

ISU keeps game within one possession. Late turnover by ISU and/or big play by NAU leads to an NAU score to push margin of victory to 10+ points.

Check back in 2013 for ISU's breakthrough in Flagstaff.

Latest posts

Back