• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU v. Sac St. - season finale

john_clayton

Thoughts comments about the season finale v. Sac State? I realize some of you have moved on to MBB. Hopefully what ever crowd is there Saturday will cheer for the seniors and the rest of the Bengals, and maybe be treated to a "W".

From Caccia Field for the last time in 2008, this is John Clayton, BengalDen.com :D

This last game is all about the seniors. They have given their all and we need to send them off with some support. I am sure there are alot of emotions running through their bodies come game day. I will be there cheering them on. I am sniffing a win. I have a feeling the coaches are going to let them loose. I really think we will win this game. The emotions are too high for us not to. Remember the buy one get one free ticket with a can of food. Lets cheer loud and give them all we got fans. GO BENGALS!!!

Here's to a large crowd Saturday at The Holt.
Let's hope that people are in a giving and caring mood and come out to donate some cans and come on in and root on our Bengals of Idaho State University.

Let's see what you got Southeast Idaho and beyond.

The players will come ready for battle in this last game of the season.
Even through not the best of seasons in the W column, the entire team has brought me enjoyment in watching everyone of their games.
We need a morale boost for the winter and spring!!
Let's get this one.

GO BENGALS!!

GO BIG ORANGE!!! This team has made huge sacrifices for the benefit of ISU athletics financially this year and I know it has been very difficult but it shows great character for the coaches and players. Let's turn out in force and cheer this team on to a VICTORY!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG!!!!!!! VICTORY AT LAST! THIS FEELS F***ING AWESOME!!!!!

I got to storm the field, celebrate with the players, and got doused with Victory Water!!!!

Kudos to everyone tonight!

BEER FOR EVERYONE!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Yeah, I need some beers to calm me down, this was just great!

This is really great you guys! I watched the whole thing on Big Sky TV, and it was pretty exciting. We're all relieved that we didn't finish the season winless -- but came pretty close to doing so. Like Blackfoot, I really do like Russel Hill as well, but I think Blum has shown what he's capable of, and he's the QB of the future at ISU. Sometimes it's the little things that determines whether you win or lose a ballgame. And how well a quarterback plays during a game can easily make a difference. And Kenyon Blue sure did end his FB career at ISU with a bang! We need to e-mail the coaches and offer our support and congratulations for the win, and encouragement for recruiting quality kids over the next few months. And encouragement for next year's season.

This was nice win for ISU. I too, enjoyed the game on BigSkyTV. I had to listen to the OT in the car on the way to the men's basketball game.

I am a fan of R. Hill, but it is clear to me that the deep balls from Blum make the Bengal running game much more effective.

At the very least--there should be a QB battle in the spring. I hope Idaho State benefits from it, no matter the outcome.

How about Kenyon Blue? I am going to miss him a ton.

Great job today, Idaho State.

i don't think there should be a QB battle there wideouts need to build chemistry with one QB and blum is the guy i believe...and were coming back with Burel and Taylor there next year i think if kyle gets a whole year with those 2 good things are gonna happen i don't how many under thrown balls i saw from hill when kids were wide open down the field

It is very evident to me that Blum is the starter for next season. I am wondering why he wasn't the starter this year in the beginning? I know it is in the past but still something to think about? Were the coaches to loyal in the beginning? don't take that wrong. Loyal is good until someone else beats you out in sports.

Blackfoot made a good argument with the stats with Hill. Can't argue that.(stats) BUT i feel with Hill at QB we were playing too slow. Plays were being developed way to late. It seemed to me that receivers-tight ends etc. were waiting for Hill to pull the trigger and they were playing at a slower pace. With Blum we truly test the Defense. It is a quicker paced game with more options. It stretches the field and opens up a whole lot more with the players. He threw some very nice passes and deep balls. With Hill the field is shorter and it is too congested and the defense knows that.

IMO Blum has a bit of a wild (lets make things happen) mentality in him on the field. He is a play maker. He makes things happen. I like that he can turn nothing into something. Not only a threat with his arm but feet also. Hill is no slouch and he gives 100% and his stats show it but he is not the answer IMO. He might know the x's and o's better but there comes a time when you have to look at that or sheer athleticism. Great game Bengals and thanks for all of your efforts. GO BENGALS!

Latest posts

Back