• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

ISU Women's Game

Correction:

78-76 Idaho State in Overtime!!! VICTORIA!!! What a way to come through in the clutch guys! You're all the coolest ever!

Spazdog, the games can be heard on the Internet on KISU. Big Sky TV worked for about a half with poor sound and the wrong link. Jenna Brown tied the game in overtime with a last second drive. She had another great game. Quite an accomplishment for this team and they deserve a great deal of recognition by Bengal fans.

Spudbowl... Thanks. I caught the post game show.

Boy, talk about a nail biter. It sounds like a total team effort. Like they said in the post game, in these tight games, little things can be the difference. It sounded like Peets may have had the play of the game.

Congrats for the win! Montana's next. Third time a charm? Hope so!

Go Bengals!

I listened online from Vegas, and even barked at my daughter-in-law when she told me to get off the computer and come and play family games. I did apologize to her after the game was over. :)

You've really got to hand it to ISU with the job that the ISU women's team has done this year, when you consider that they've only got seven women on scholarship. Imagine what they could do with a full complement of schollies! Looks like Coach S has done a great job with the team! Spazdog, seems like you've got a great deal of interest in watching the women's games -- live and on the internet. Do you have a daughter that plays on the team?

No. Jenna's my niece. I've been fortunate enough to attend 5 or 6 games in Reed Gym this year and was wearing my orange at the BSU game at the Pavillion. We leave Meridian on a Saturday morning, go to the game and then drive back to Meridian. At least once, the radio guys mentioned that my brother was attending when in fact it was me.

Here's a few comments on this season and next...

* Every conference tournament team in the country with the exception of one will end their season with a loss. There are a number of good teams that will be left out of the dance. ISU is in good company.

* At the beginning of the season, the eternal optimist that I am, I still believed that the Bengals would not make conference tournament. (I know this comment could get me in trouble).

* Short handed, out of breath, and learning on the fly the Bengals finished their season with a more than respectable season. They let a couple games slip through their fingers, PSU at Reed, for example. It truly is amazing how well this group progressed.

* Part of me feels that because of all of the challenges that this team had this year, they became closer as a team. That may explain, at least in part, their overall season success. This truly is a special team.

* This team loses Jenna Brown and Michelle Grohs. That's it. This is not intended to disrespect Jenna's and Michelle's abilities, leadership, heart and grit. My point is that next year, with a full year of understanding the offense and a deeper bench, this team will seriously challenge for the conference championship.

That's it for now. Looking back, the Bengals fought a tough fight. Good luck to Jenna and MIchelle. Wow, what remarkable careers they've had. Hopefully, I'll be able to make the end of season banquet. Not sure when it is scheduled, but if I'm not running around the country during that time, I'll be there.

Latest posts

Back