• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Jeff Solarin

notabengalalum

Jeff Solarin played a great game in our loss to North Dakota last night. Absolute standout performance.

ISU's answer to Marshawn Lynch of the Seahawks - Jeff Solarin in BEAST MODE!! :thumb: :notworthy:

He was awesome last night! We really need players like him to continue this and give us some, any, optimism for next year.

I don't see us making the conference tournament again this year. With only 8 games left, 5 on the road, I don't see it happening. Some recruiting missteps, injuries, and personnel moves didn't provide the breakout year we were hoping for.

Primary recruiting need for next season is point guard, preferably at least one JC who can step right in for Sanchez. And a young PG to groom behind him.

We have a TON of wing players coming back next year: Hansen, Wilson, Tyler, Smith, Ezenwa, and Luzcando, if he can get eligible. Upfront, we have Solarin, Magot and Slavik, with Tyler probably seeing some time at the 4. We could definitely use another "big".

It will be interesting to see if we get anything out of the walk-ons: Thomas and Nakken. By my count, we should have three scholarships to give in the late signing period, assuming the walk-ons don't get one, and assuming Marcus Bradley doesn't get eligible.

It's a shame that Smith and/or Tyler couldn't have been redshirted. There is zilch production off the bench, and that's a combo of a drop off of talent and little experience. It's too bad both had to play because this team was so thin on depth. I know it was kind of a fluke thing, but it still sucks to basically have 3 scholarships wasted on this season - Bradley, Slavik, Wilson. Heck, might as well call it 4, since Ezenwa didn't play either.

I'd say recruiting a PG is pretty damn essential, since Sanchez graduates and the backup PG is Hatchett.

sasquatch said:
It's a shame that Smith and/or Tyler couldn't have been redshirted. There is zilch production off the bench, and that's a combo of a drop off of talent and little experience. It's too bad both had to play because this team was so thin on depth. I know it was kind of a fluke thing, but it still sucks to basically have 3 scholarships wasted on this season - Bradley, Slavik, Wilson. Heck, might as well call it 4, since Ezenwa didn't play either.

I'd say recruiting a PG is pretty damn essential, since Sanchez graduates and the backup PG is Hatchett.

Yes, Bill's original plan, I believe, was to redshirt them both. And yes, we desperately need a quality JUCO PG for next season.

Don't give up on the post season just yet. When was the last time the Bengals were 2.5 games out of 2nd place this late in the season? Everyone except southern Utah could be in the conference tournament.

Latest posts

Back