• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Kramer lost this one

Really?

Listen to us. In defeat, we sound like we're accustomed to winning instead of losing. PSU had a coaching change last year. The way I see it, they're a year ahead of us, but we're only minutes behind with all the challenges we started out with. Now that's exciting!

Their QB Kavanaugh, in my opinion, was the difference maker. His ability to change direction and speed in running was a thing of beauty to watch--unfortunately for us. Their running back McCaffrey was an outstanding power runner. And yet, we're looking at ONE or TWO plays near the end. I was totally disappointed, but we were right there near the end--a tribute to the comeback ability and grittiness of this team and coaching staff. Coach K keeps saying that we don't know how to win, but I'm seeing tremendous effort, and desire in the face of impeccable odds against us.

This is not the same team that lost to NAU last week--and, it won't be the same team tomorrow that lost to PSU today. I think Cub's right. I think they'll beat the Grizzlies next Saturday. This team is learning to win.

The biggest change is in the minds of the players. Now, if we can only change the minds of the fans pouring out of the arena when a simple little turnover happens and three minutes is left on the clock. That impossible dream of mine is not that far off.

bill_idaflls said:
Really?

Listen to us. In defeat, we sound like we're accustomed to winning instead of losing. PSU had a coaching change last year. The way I see it, they're a year ahead of us, but we're only minutes behind with all the challenges we started out with. Now that's exciting!

Their QB Kavanaugh, in my opinion, was the difference maker. His ability to change direction and speed in running was a thing of beauty to watch--unfortunately for us. Their running back McCaffrey was an outstanding power runner. And yet, we're looking at ONE or TWO plays near the end. I was totally disappointed, but we were right there near the end--a tribute to the comeback ability and grittiness of this team and coaching staff. Coach K keeps saying that we don't know how to win, but I'm seeing tremendous effort, and desire in the face of impeccable odds against us.

This is not the same team that lost to NAU last week--and, it won't be the same team tomorrow that lost to PSU today. I think Cub's right. I think they'll beat the Grizzlies next Saturday. This team is learning to win.

The biggest change is in the minds of the players. Now, if we can only change the minds of the fans pouring out of the arena when a simple little turnover happens and three minutes is left on the clock. That impossible dream of mine is not that far off.

:+1:

Singlewing, false memory on my part, I guess i remember Harrington standing on the 50 and the snap going over his head.

Just a few random thoughts....

ISU is far from being perfect but Kramer has the Bengals headed in the right direction. Even if the talent to win/dominate isn't there yet, the atittude is starting to come around.

I figured that ISU was a better team than they showed last week in Flagstaff.

Give credit where it is due...PSU's run game is legitimate. That goofy part-option/pistol/power run thing they have going is a thing of beauty. I predict the Vikings continue to make noise in the Big Sky Conference this season. If their defense comes around then look out.

ISU-PSU was the most entertaining game of the day to watch on bigskytv.org.

What's the story on the noisemakers during the game? It sounded like a horde of bees on the computer feed.

Have faith, Bengals fans. You guys have a shot vs. the Griz this weekend. Kramer proved to be pretty adept at getting his players motivated vs. UofM during his time @ MSU.

spudbowl said:
Singlewing, false memory on my part, I guess i remember Harrington standing on the 50 and the snap going over his head.

It happens to the best of us. Heck, I thought for a minute that it was at the 50 haha

PSU is very fortunate to come out of Holt with a win. My observation is that ISU will be a contender. Hiring Kramer was a coup.

Question to Bengal fans from a PSU fan: Is PSU legit or did we just get lucky? Any insights on the PSU team?

First off, let me just say I thought the game was great. I dont understand all the terms and plays but i did understand one thing, and it was loud and clear. The fans. It was great to see and hear! I was even excited that i had to wait forever to get into the holt parking lot!! BUT I HAVE TO ADMIT IT MADE ME PRETTY DISAPPOINTED AND SAD TO SEE THE CROWD CLEAR WHEN IT GOT DOWN TO THE LAST FEW MINUTES!!! Come on bengal fans, our team needs us win or lose. :thumbdown: They needed to hear the roar of the crowd more than ever at the end of a game like that! That is what they take home with them. That is what they need to keep them fired up for next weeks game. They are trying to become a team for all of us to be proud of, they should expect the same from us. GO BENGALS! :clap:

Let me say I love Kramer and the attitude he has brought to Bengal football. The team and fan base are re-energized all thanks to him. The players seem more confident and I think they will learn to win. He was a great addition to the Bengal football family.

To say that going for it on 4th down from the 36 yard line with 3 minutes left in the game "was the stupidest thing he could have done" was little over the top. On the post game show he made the comment that, whether the Vikings had to go 35 yards or 95 yards it really didn't matter because the Bengals were having a hard time stopping them, was accurate. In that case why not allow yourself to win the game on offense??? Take the chance, go for the 6" you needed for a first down, if you get it you win, if you don't you dig in defensively. If the punt goes in the end zone you gain 15 yards on the exchange - if it's a great punt, inside the 10, you gain 25 yards.

I know a lot of great coaches - not stupid - that would have gone for it on 4th down. At least acknowledge that it was an option that you decided against - don't call it the "stupidest" thing you could have done.

Congratualtions Bengals on a great game - it's the most fun I've had at an ISU football game in several years. I think we've got a great chance against a very good Montana football team.

Bengalguy, I couldn't have said it any better than you just did.. I felt sick after that game, but I don't leave there pissed at any one player or coach.. I just really wanted that win for all the awesome fans, players, and coaches that brought a good show to the dome that day.. I think the general, uneducated fan is expecting us to be dominant already despite our huge setbacks as far as APR, scholarships, and injuries are concerned.. Whoever argues and denies that Bengal Football isn't on the rise overall, is a fool.. Please, everyone, be at the Montana game, just as loud as you were Saturday..

We didn't make it on 1st and goal so I think the best option was to try and pin them down. Lets get fired up and BEAT the griz. BENGAL football is on its way back! PROUD to be a BENGAL once again!

Let' get right down to it. You make 6" and a 1st down and you have 12000+ people in the stands next week. Now we will be back to 5000 loyal fans plus 2000 fans from Montana. Jump start the program and take a chance, we had nothing to loose and everything to gain!!!!!!!

VikThunder said:
PSU is very fortunate to come out of Holt with a win. My observation is that ISU will be a contender. Hiring Kramer was a coup.

Question to Bengal fans from a PSU fan: Is PSU legit or did we just get lucky? Any insights on the PSU team?

I think that they are legit, although the question is with the defense. The offense is really unique and hard to defend. I like the QB a lot along with your power running back. If they can develop a bit of a better passing game, look out. Right now, I would put them about 3 or 4 in the conference and it is a very good conference from about team 1 to 6 or maybe 7.

Latest posts

Back