• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Krissy Peterson

forestgreen

Staff member
PSU's Peterson upends Stoll

http://portlandtribune.com/pt/12-sports/312806-191377-psus-peterson-upends-stoll-barr-wins-oregon-am-mens-crown-hops-fall-winterhawks-abols-goes-to-canucks

GOLF

Fatigue was Portland State’s Krissy Peterson friend in the end Saturday at Black Butte Ranch.

The former Canby High player, who is entering her senior year with the Vikings, staged a dramatic finish to upset an Oregon prep legend, Gigi Stoll of Beaverton, and win the Oregon Amateur women’s title.

Peterson won the 35th and 36th holes on the Glaze Meadow course to beat Stoll 1-up.

Stoll, who just finished her freshman year at the University of Arizona, never trailed until the end, but she also never led by more than 2-up.

Peterson said she was basically exhausted by the end — but that the tiredness may have helped her pull through.

“I was almost so tired that it made it easier to stick with my process and just go back to muscle memory,” she said.

The match was even after nine holes. Stoll was 1-up after 18. Peterson won the 19th with a birdie. Stoll took the 20th with an eagle. They halved the next nine holes. Peterson birdied the 30th to pull even, but Stoll birdied the 33rd and reclaimed the lead.

On the par-3 35th (17th), Stoll missed a 10-foot par putt, and then Peterson sank a four-footer to square the match.

On the final hole, both players just missed the green in regulation. Stoll’s chip was 10 feet shot, and Peterson’s putt from off the green left her with another four-footer. Stoll came up an inch short, and Peterson made her putt to claim the trophy.

Stoll, who had won the previous two Oregon Ams, was the tourney medalist. Peterson was the sixth seed.

Peterson played solid golf all week. She opened with two wins of 4 and 3, beating 11th seed Kaitlin Collom and 14th seed Hannah Swanson from Forest Grove. Then she knocked off 2015 finalist Madison Odiorne, who had taken Stoll to a playoff in this year’s stroke-play qualifying, 3 and 2 in the semifinals on Friday.

Then Peterson played 2-under-par for the championship match

“I was feeling pretty confident, basically keeping with the process,” Peterson said. “I knew I was hitting the ball well this week, and was patient with the greens.

“My ball-striking was consistent, and I was able to put pressure on by hitting a lot of good shots at the pins.”

The all-Big Sky golfer became the first Viking to win the Oregon Amateur — coach Kailin Downs, from Bend, took home the title in 2002.

“I just believe I could do it,” Peterson said, “and knew I was playing well enough to get the job done.”

Our golf team wasn't great this last year, but Peterson did just fine; she came in fifth at the Big Sky tournament. Now this! Glad she has another year with us.

Latest posts

Back