• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Kylie Kuhns Breaks Natalie Doma's Career Rebounding Record

mvem

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/wbball/release.asp?release_id=11031" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A note worthy accomplishment to be sure.

It does need to be mentioned though that with their unconventional offense, especially in games where they aren't hitting a good number of shots, you do have a lot more chances at rebounds. Granted she still has to get them.

Very good player overall in any case. I know Seton recruited her but she chose Sac.

PBP

Don't forget this game's other record. Weber State set the Big Sky losing streak record at 45 games in a row. That has to rank pretty high on the national level for division I, too.

Sas:

The national record is 58 set by LIU-Brooklyn in the late 80's.

Weber State now holds the 4th longest losing streak in women's basketball history.

PBP

sasquatch said:
Don't forget this game's other record. Weber State set the Big Sky losing streak record at 45 games in a row. That has to rank pretty high on the national level for division I, too.

Yep.

Also, Megan Kritscher broke Brenda Souther's 29-year old single-season blocks record.

PBP said:
A note worthy accomplishment to be sure.

It does need to be mentioned though that with their unconventional offense, especially in games where they aren't hitting a good number of shots, you do have a lot more chances at rebounds. Granted she still has to get them.

Very good player overall in any case. I know Seton recruited her but she chose Sac.

PBP

Doma's ISU teams were pretty fast-paced too, though. Doma & Kuhns also have another thing in common: they are/were the only good rebounders on the teams they played on.

MVEN:

They were up tempo but nothing like the run and gun philosophy of Sac. State...a few years ago at one point they were averaging (and this was later in the year) over 100 points scored and 100 points allowed in a game. They were leading the nation in both categories.

Think that was Jamie's first season there.

Lip

PBP said:
MVEN:

They were up tempo but nothing like the run and gun philosophy of Sac. State...a few years ago at one point they were averaging (and this was later in the year) over 100 points scored and 100 points allowed in a game. They were leading the nation in both categories.

Think that was Jamie's first season there.

Lip

They weren't that high. I don't think any team's ever been that high. It might have been 80+ & 80+, though (they ended up at 79 & 82).

Sac has also moderated their game a bit in the last couple years.

MVEN:

Not saying they finished the year that way, just saying I saw the numbers as I was preparing for a game with them and ISU at that point in the season.

The point is though they work at a much faster pace then ISU did under Newlee in my opinion.

PBP

Forget about that Sac State & Weber stuff.
What we really need to do is to get the crowd yelling "KABOOM" when the Bengals hit a 3!!
Maybe the cheerleaders could be briefed before the game? Just an idea.

That would be AWESOME! LOL.
-----------------------------------------------
Seriously, thanks to the over 14 hundred fans who came out today.(Saturday)

All you had to do was watch the seniors and see how they reacted to understand the impact the fans made. THANK YOU, for this afternoon and this season.

Who knows there could be a chance of hosting a postseason game should the Bengals not get into the NCAA's but make either the WNIT or the WBI...you never know.

From the coaches and the players thanks for your support and keep pulling hard for them, this season isn't over yet...still important things that can be accomplished.

On a personal note, it's really going to be hard not to see them out on the floor next year, they've brought so much to this program.

Kayla and Ash have now won 74 games in four years, the most ever by an ISU women's basketball player in history who has only participated for four years.

Special players, very special people.

PBP

And a team of absolute winners!! The entire coaching staff and each and every player comprise a completely class act! Good luck for the rest of the season and the tourney! Go Lady Bengals! :thumb:

Latest posts

Back