• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Late desperation move at RB for ISU?

bengalcub

With Frieson and Porter apparently telling ISU to get bent; Idaho State has now offered a RB out of Glendale CC in Jordan Scott. I guess he missed time due to injury this year and has an offer from Fayetteville State. Heck, maybe ISU will get two JC kids and maybe Porter or Frieson will end up in the Orange and Black, but I wouldn't count on it.

Here is the article:

Scout.com has confirmed that RB Jordan Scott from Glendale (Az.) Community College has received a new offer.

Scott (5-10 205) was offered by Idaho State and will visit the 1AA school this week. Scott says the Bengals are his favorite and if all goes well on the trip he will commit.

Scott (5-10 205) has rushed for 360 yards on 71 carries, missing some time with a foot injury. He is also one of the top return men in the NJCAA.

Earlier article on Scott from SR year in HS:

Scout.com has learned that CB/RB Jordan Scott from North Canyon HS (Phoenix, AZ) has just committed to 1AA Northern Arizona. He tripped to NAU last weekend and was offered then.

The 5'10 180 pound Scott had an excellent senior campaign, he rushed for 1,470 yards (8.08 ypc), scored 24 rushing TDs, caught 21 passes for 156 yards and 2 TDs, recorded 27 tackles and 8 INTs (2 for TDs) and returned 2 punts for scores. That is a total of 28 TDs Scott has scored for the defending 5A2 state champs.

He led North canyon to a 9-3 record and received numerous accolades along the way. He was named 1st team All region, region offensive player of the year and 1st team all Arizona as a DB. NAU is recruiting him as a slot back according to North canyon head coach Brian Cole.

Cole describes Scott as "very coachable."

Scott was also hearing from Weber State, Rice and Colorado State.

Sooooo......uh, Porter and Frieson left then?

Jordan Scott, if you average his yards in JUCO, has about 5 yards a carry. Which is really nice. 2 and 5's would be tight, yo

Scout is showing Jordan Scott has made a verbal comittment to ISU, not a bad get if he makes it in this fall. Wish we had more RB's for spring, I hate wasting someones practices time on a position they will never play. Unfortunately, the best possible RB option is A.J. Storm who may be as good a RB as we have had. I doubt they will use him, but in reality he could have played RB as well as SS. My next question is; who is going to play MLB this spring and next fall; Edgson, Albers, or are we moving Tuua or Rutton back. Right now I'm not seeing anyone I'm comfortable with who played last year, we missed on at least one JC MLB and a couple of freshmen during recruiting. I'm interested to see how it falls out at linebacker. Urias and Gibson have a year under their belt, Anderson has little to no playing time, Albers played MLB about as much as Anderson played anywhere' and played special teams, Edgson was Rife's main backup, but as we saw when Rife was hurt he struggles outside of the tackles getting to the ball, does well inside the tackles but does not have the speed to cover sideline to sideline. Arias is a solid OLB who will have to be beat out. Looks to me the MLB and other OLB spots will be fought for by Urias and Edgson for MLB unless Tuua moves back, and Gibson and whoever for OLB. Or are we looking at a true freshman in Justin Vae'ena, who while listed as a DL on our recruit list was an all conference MLB in high school. Just somethings to think about as we wait for spring ball.

Scout.com has confirmed that RB Jordan Scott from Glendale (Az.) Community College has committed and signed scholarship papers today.

Scott (5-10 205) was offered by Idaho State prior to his visit today and he committed and signed while on the trip.

Scott rushed for 488 yards on 88 carries, missing some time with a foot injury. He was also one of the top returnmen in the NJCAA prior to his injury.

I am excited that we beat out Fayetteville State for his services! That would be a Division II school for those of you keeping score at home. Now if he is being looked at as a return man for the Bengals--great get. Feature back--I am not so sure.

Porter has not committed to San Jose State yet, but if offered I am sure he will.

From JCfootball.com:

Reports surfaced earlier today that running back Daniel Porter of the College of San Mateo received a scholarship offer from San Jose State. Inside Sparta spoke with Porter and he updated us on the state of his recruiting.

Rumors are the lifeblood of internet message boards and today a rumor surfaced regarding 6-foot-0, 195-pound running back Daniel Porter, recently graduated from the College of San Mateo (Calif). The rumor was that Porter had finally received a coveted Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly D-1A) scholarship offer, and that offer was reportedly fron San Jose State.

Nope, I haven't gotten an offer from San Jose State," Porter said with surprise. "I haven't gotten any offers from D-1A schools yet. I did take a visit to Idaho State (Football Championship Subdivision - formerly D-IAA) and they offered, but I didn't commit."

While Porter hasn't yet received an offer from any schools in the NCAA's top echelon, he is interested in one local school. "I like San Jose State a lot," he said. "If they offered I would certainly consider committing right away. I've been down there for a couple games and I really like their offensive coordinator (Steve Morton)."

“I’m all purpose and I can do whatever a team needs me to do,” Porter reently told JCFootball.com.

Porter rushed for 823-yards and five touchdowns in 2008. He is also reported to have clocked a 4.3 in the 40-yard-dash. The speedster said he likes the Spartan offense and enjoyed his visits during the Fresno State and Boise State games in 2008.

No camps or combines are on the calendar at this time for Porter, but that doesn't mean he's not interested in getting his name out there. "I'm sending out a lot of tape right now," he said. "I'll try and check out some camps, but right now I don't have any set up, or any visits scheduled."

Latest posts

Back