• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Lazy play calling/ Enough of the 5 receiver set calls

outtastate said:
HEY HECKLER, FAIR ENOUGH. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. ANOTHER COACH POTATO QB MAKING HIS POINT. SAVE IT PAL.
c7fb87cdde.gif

Spartan,
Fair enough. If I was you. But I'm not, maybe in 2 or 3 years I could be just like you. You’re my idol. Serious. You speak your mind. I myself trying to be political correct, sounds pointless. I try to say the safe things and still get my point across. If you don’t see my point you’re fooling yourself. You know what I’m trying to say. I have read your past post. As I get more comfortable with this board. I will speak more direct. But for now, I will stay conservative.

No offense taken. Which part.
The one about the popularity between player and coach. Although he’s not the better player. hes going to play.
Or the coach not playing the better player, because he might show his friend up?
Is that a little more direct...

Do you really think the coaches get all caught up in all that 5th grade BS? These coaches coach to win. While I might not like who a coach chooses at a particular position, they have a reason for doing it. I seriously doubt they put this trash above the team winning.

Is this a Milbourn thing again? If so, leave it--Scott Milbourn can earn respect and playing time on his own. I hope your next point has nothing to do with Brad Walker. Please say it does not?

Spartan my man, you crack me up :lol:

Whatchu talkin' bout, Willis?!

Why didn't you use that? It's priceless! Hahahaha

Give me a break, Let’s get something understood. I don’t give a damn if #94 plays or not. As a head coach of a high school football team, I like to break down film. And I watch it over and over. Unless you have been in a film room breaking down plays, I have nothing to say to you. If you do, then you don’t know what you’re doing. I feel I know talent. This is what I do. If I don’t do a good job they replace you.
I like Strand defense. As a matter of fact I tape his games on altitude and I run a few of his plays. I run the same plays with my guys and there is a certain type of player that you’re looking for. Which two players look good together? So when I made the statement that you can’t play #95 and #48, I mean they don’t play good together. It doesn’t mean there not good they just don’t accommodate each other. I feel that #98 and #94 play good Together. Like #95 and #50 let me tell you about # 50, I would take 10 of him. His attitude makes up for his lack of speed.
Coach Strand is not the only one evaluating talent on this team. Yes, he is the ultimate decision maker on where kids play, with the recommendation for his assistants. (And there is the problem). So when I say friends that are what I mean.
So your point is that if I mention a player I’m bias, but you can say a Brad Walker. (What’s his Number?) I go by #s. That tells me that everybody is a little bias. So watch the film for yourself and come to your own conclusion. I've got mine.
I personally love Strands style of defense. So when I say the players are not in the right places.
Case closed.....................
That’s just my opinion.

Ok, you break down film--happy five knuckle shuffle!

I break down comments:

"The one about the popularity between player and coach. Although he’s not the better player. hes going to play. Or the coach not playing the better player, because he might show his friend up?"

You like Coach Strand, huh? But you refer to his choice of line rotation--with that type of respect?

I can't believe you were a DT for the mighty Aggies. Why because you backpedal like an All-American DB. I hope your feet moved as fast as you mouth.

I know I should leave well enough alone. But I can’t. I take it you read about the game, or talk about it at the water cooler. My mouth has nothing to do with the results. No coach wants to lose. I have never stated that. I said the players are in the wrong places. JMO.
That’s not your all backpedaling All American DB. My mouth wouldn’t make a pine riding water boy. But my actions on the field could KYA.
Once again, these coaches will figure it out. If they feel this is the best, then so be. This is their team. But we can have an opinion. Unless you’re a Democrat and let somebody else think and do it for you. I am a 100% supporter of this team and staff. And if I see something I will speak my mind, as have in your 1386 posts. You have an opinion, I have mine may it be right or wrong.

Let me get a crayon out and connect the dots for you.

First of all, I've got nothing against your insight or your opinions. In fact, I'll bet most of the things you say are solid contributions and worthy of merit based on your experience.

However, it seems obvious to me that everyone on this board knows that you are pulling for someone on this team. But, your comments suggest conversations with players regarding playing time, favoritism for upperclassman and not wanting to show someone up.

Now, either you witness and draw these conclusions on your own or you have gotten information from players. Either way, what you say suggest that conversations that you are having with your boy are being shared on a message board. I would think that he would not want that info shared here and I would think that the politics of the locker room and this college football team would be better left behind closed doors.

We had to hear this all last year about Luke Butler--what the players wanted, who the players supported. What I am telling you is some of what you say can have a negative impact on how your boy is perceived. Some call it guilt by association and that is the best that I can come up with right now. My point is simple, don't dangle the carrot by saying the things you say. You act as though you are speaking in a special code that protects everyone, but that code is transparent.

Think about it a second and if I am wrong--you have my apology.

Latest posts

Back