• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

MBA named a top program for affordability and social impact

BroadwayVik

Portland State named top 15 affordable sustainable MBA
Rebecca Freedman
May 18, 2016

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-18%20at%2012.11.59%20PM.png

In the most recent issue of Conscious Company magazine, Portland State’s MBA program ranked in the top 15 affordable, conscious MBA programs. Scoring schools based on affordability (under $110,000), along with their curriculum in social impact, environmental sustainability, and social entrepreneurship, the PSU MBA was recognized for providing a triple-bottom-line education in a cost-effective manner.

The only Oregon school on the list, Conscious Company states that, the “city of Portland itself is part of the draw to this regionally renowned program.” Known for its inhabitants’ love of bicycle commuting, recycling, and farm-to-table dining, Portland is a living case study in sustainable business practices. With Portland State dwelling in the heart of the city, the business school enjoys a symbiotic relationship with the forward thinking business community.

The program’s core values of leadership, innovation, and sustainability lead to an overarching sense of consciousness throughout the MBA program. However, Conscious Company also recognized the role of the optional Social Innovation Certificate in creating an immersion into business that matters.

As the 6th most affordable MBA on the list, PSU makes living in the greenest city in the country while gaining one of the most forward thinking degrees in the country possible at a reasonable price.

th
Mission accomplished

Dan Connolly, dean of PSU's School of Business Administration, has announced he will resign effective June 30, 2016. He sent the following message to the SBA faculty and staff on May 19:

It has been a privilege to serve as dean of the School of Business Administration (SBA) over the past year. We have accomplished a great deal together, and I look forward to watching the SBA flourish in the years to come. I wanted to let you know that after careful consideration, I recently submitted my resignation to Provost Andrews, effective June 30, 2016. I feel fortunate for the opportunity to serve as dean and for the significant accomplishments that would not have been possible without your dedication and support. In a brief year, we:

•Completed the AACSB re-accreditation process
•Expanded our graduate programs portfolio with some exciting new offerings in order to capitalize on new market opportunities
•Climbed in the national rankings with several of our graduate programs and, for the first time ever, with our undergraduate programs
•Hired top-tier talent to join the faculty and staff
•Launched new pathway programs to grow graduate enrollments.

I am grateful for Provost Andrews' support with this difficult decision. I am also grateful to you for all you have done throughout the year and for allowing me to be part of the team. I know the SBA will continue to do great things.

Bloomberg Businessweek ranks Portland State’s undergraduate business school one of the best in the U.S.
Rebecca Freedman
May 4, 2016

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-04%20at%204.16.03%20PM.png

Bloomberg Businessweek ranked Portland State University’s Undergraduate Business Program no. 106 in the nation in their Best Undergraduate Business Schools 2016 rankings.

Bloomberg uses employer surveys, student surveys, starting salary, and internship engagement for the metrics that inform their rankings. Most outstanding amongst these metrics were the employee survey rankings that Portland State’s business school received. Employer surveys ranked PSU at no. 56, which is the highest ranking for any school in Oregon.

There are more than 3,500 undergraduate business programs in the United States. University of Oregon is the only other Oregon university to be ranked, coming in at no. 100 overall and no. 71 in employer surveys. This is the first time PSU has participated in rankings for its undergraduate program.

The Bloomberg survey revealed that 33% of students gain full-time employment at the places at which they interned while students. More than 400 Portland State business students complete internships each year. Students work with employers like Boeing, Kroger, Costco, Nike, Daimler, UPS, ESCO, Wells Fargo, Intel, and more.

For Portland State School of Business students, these rankings signal that the skills they are learning as part of their undergraduate education are highly valued by employers and recruiters in the Portland area and beyond.

th

Latest posts

Back