• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Men's Basketball

Bengal Roar said:
Maybe I'm right or wrong? Don't really care right now. I have not attended any Basketball game this year so far. Why should I? Are they putting a product on the court that I'm proud of or that I want to pay for? Nope. Like Krames said about FB, until you put something on the field worth watching why pay $1-$100?

This team will have some more growing pains but they can turn it around like football if they want to.

They know how to stay in the game. They know how to compete. They Do Not know how to win yet.
Tonight's was well worth watching. ISU went toe to toe with the first place team in the conference without its best player for a half. The loss was frustrating, but it was a darn good game.

I agree with Skippy. We watched online, since we are out of state, and the boys competed hard. Some silly errors but great defensively throughout. Other players stepped up on the scoring end, namely Nmandi, since Chris was out the first half. Solarin always impresses me with his hard play and Ben scored down low. Marcus also made some good shots just needs to be more aggressive on the boards. It was fun to watch. Too bad they lost but I do think that they can compete with other teams in the conference.

I know fans come in all shapes and sizes – and philosophies – but I think it’s a cop out not to attend an event because you don’t think the team, that you are a fan of, is “worthy” of your support. Anyone can support a winner, we call those fans “bandwagon jumpers”. There are lots of those types of fans in the world and it’s great to have them when the team is winning because it fills up the arena. But the true fans, the fans who are there cheering even when the team is losing, are the fans I love.

I’ve been to all the home basketball games this year and there have been some tough games to watch – last night was not one of them – very entertaining. The guys worked hard and if a couple of breaks had gone the other way the Bengals would have won.

I was very impressed last night with Geno Luzcando. He didn’t score a lot of points but the man defense he played on Mikh McKinney was very impressive. McKinney got his points, mostly out of the zone or when others were guarding him, but Geno really worked hard on the defensive end – kudos! He’s going to be a great player for the Bengals.

Keep working hard Bengals the wins will come. We fans, most of us anyway, really appreciate your efforts.

I am always intrigued by what people consider to be a true fan.

A person being fed up with losing shouldn't be marginalized. Roar is a true fan, this I know.

Personally, I have been called "not a true fan" for a number of things and a "great fan" for a number of things. I am of the opinion that anyone that supports ISU and shows up on this here message board is a true fan. If they didn't care a ton, I doubt they would seek out a message board to catch up on things.

You all should be very happy with your team today... we eked out a win but your guys played every bit as hard as any team we have played this year....I was worried about last nights game after the way your team competed last week on the road...I can't recall anyone stopping Garrity as well as you guys did last night...I think what won it for us was the job we did keeping Solarin from killing us on the offensive boards, he got a few but not like last year in Pocatello...hang in there, youv'e got a great coach (no matter what RUHS says) you will get some wins this year, I'm just happy you didn't get one last night.

Point taken Cub, there are certainly many definitions of a true fan and my opinion is only one of many.

I believe that it’s unreasonable to think that any team in the Big Sky is going to win every year in every sport. I know, I know, the Bengals have been less than mediocre in most men’s sports for a long time and, like anyone else, I wish they would win more, but that is out of my control. All I can do is go and support the team that they put on the field/court and contribute to the scholarship fund. I’m a sports fan, I love watching NCAA sports, and when the Bengals are winning it’s a lot of fun. But even when they’re losing I get to see some pretty good teams, and players, come to Pocatello to play, which in my mind is second only to the Bengals winning every game.

I will continue to attend the basketball games and cheer for Bengal wins even when they are few and far between. After all, when you’re not used to winning, those few wins are even sweeter.

Great home win tonight for the men against Portland State, 80-76. I like watching the developement and defensive energy of Gino Luzcano. Lots of other players contributed to the win in different ways. Great job, Bengals.

bill_idaflls said:
Great home win tonight for the men against Portland State, 80-76. I like watching the developement and defensive energy of Gino Luzcano. Lots of other players contributed to the win in different ways. Great job, Bengals.
It was a fun game. Namdi was awesome and how about walkon Eric Nakken, his two big treys and the clinching free throws?

It was a fun game. Loved that dunk by Magot off the rebound!

Most of the production came from seniors, but it was nice to see them do that. I also like what I see from Luzcando. 6 assists tonight? The best freshman with the most potential at the beginning of the season is still on this team.

I saw glimpses of optimism tonight. A couple of athletic good shooters would give this team a bump next year. I look forward to seeing how Justin Smith will evolve as well.

Nice win!

sacstateman said:
You all should be very happy with your team today... we eked out a win but your guys played every bit as hard as any team we have played this year....I was worried about last nights game after the way your team competed last week on the road...I can't recall anyone stopping Garrity as well as you guys did last night...I think what won it for us was the job we did keeping Solarin from killing us on the offensive boards, he got a few but not like last year in Pocatello...hang in there, youv'e got a great coach (no matter what RUHS says) you will get some wins this year, I'm just happy you didn't get one last night.

Told you so....congratulations....good win against a good opponent....I'm still very happy we got out of Pocatello with a win before you guys get all your parts clicking

Latest posts

Back