• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Mens BB update

weberwildcat

AggieJack said:
So far the Jacks are an impressive 7-4, with losses coming to 2 majors and 2 high mid-majors. :D

The next OOC games are part of the Gossner Classic, held at Utah State's Spectrum.

GO JACKS!

NAU smoked Furman...I'm thinking they might be able to pull off a win against Utah State if Geizer can stay hot at the Arc.

USU rarely loses at home and is becoming nationaly known for its home court advantage. Very loud, low roof, and lots and lots of students!

It is basically a mini Pit.

The Spectrum in Logan holds 10,270. School is out so that will help the 'Jacks.

AggieJack said:
weberwildcat said:
AggieJack said:
So far the Jacks are an impressive 7-4, with losses coming to 2 majors and 2 high mid-majors. :D

The next OOC games are part of the Gossner Classic, held at Utah State's Spectrum.

GO JACKS!
weberwildcat said:
NAU smoked Furman...I'm thinking they might be able to pull off a win against Utah State if Geizer can stay hot at the Arc.

USU rarely loses at home and is becoming nationaly known for its home court advantage. Very loud, low roof, and lots and lots of students!

Being also a NMSU (and WAC) fan, I know Utah State well.

If Geizer can't hit, I have no doubt that another JACK will step up. However, USU's Jaycee Carroll is an offensive monster. :shock: It will be interesting to see how the Jacks match-up. Another advantage NAU may have is that USU seems to already be looking ahead to their match against Oral Roberts, as they are used to winning the Gossner.

GO JACKS

It would be a sweet win for NAU to take down the Aggies! So how do you feel about Reggie leaving Las Cruces?

WSU will be playing at ur rival's Pit on sunday...

The reason Weber beat USU was somehow shutting down Carroll, who only scored 14 pts. Carroll has probab had some of his best stats against WSU over the past 3 yrs, it was about time!!!

Last yr alone he scored about 50 pts between the 2 matchups.

Weber vs NMSU in the NCAA Tourney:
1968 New Mexico State 81, WSU 57
1969 WSU 58, New Mexico State 56
1979 (7) WSU 81, (10) New Mexico State 78 (OT)

WSU vs USU alltime: 25-34, 15-13 at home 2-1 neutral 8-19 in Logan

Nobody wins in Logan!!

AggieJack said:
weberwildcat said:
AggieJack said:
weberwildcat said:
AggieJack said:

GO JACKS!
weberwildcat said:

weberwildcat said:
AggieJack said:
Being also a NMSU (and WAC) fan, I know Utah State well.

If Geizer can't hit, I have no doubt that another JACK will step up. However, USU's Jaycee Carroll is an offensive monster. :shock: It will be interesting to see how the Jacks match-up. Another advantage NAU may have is that USU seems to already be looking ahead to their match against Oral Roberts, as they are used to winning the Gossner.

GO JACKS

It would be a sweet win for NAU to take down the Aggies! So how do you feel about Reggie leaving Las Cruces?

WSU will be playing at ur rival's Pit on sunday...

The reason Weber beat USU was somehow shutting down Carroll, who only scored 14 pts. Carroll has probab had some of his best stats against WSU over the past 3 yrs, it was about time!!!

Last yr alone he scored about 50 pts between the 2 matchups.

Weber vs NMSU in the NCAA Tourney:
1968 New Mexico State 81, WSU 57
1969 WSU 58, New Mexico State 56
1979 (7) WSU 81, (10) New Mexico State 78 (OT)

WSU vs USU alltime: 25-34, 15-13 at home 2-1 neutral 8-19 in Logan

Nobody wins in Logan!!

Ha. I didn't realize we were on at the same time. I'm so used to being by myself. :oops:

Indeed, I hope NAU can take USU down. Although, I am a WAC fan, I cheer for NAU second only to NMSU.

unm (fans at least) seem to think that WSU will be a cakewalk. I hope it is not! Not only that, but I will be looking for you guys to win at the (arm) pit.

Reggie wasn't the best x and o's coach, but he had charisma, personality, swagger, etc. NMSU and WSU also share Coach Neil McCarthy (now that guy hated unm).

GO Wildcats beat the loobs

Oh ya! and McCarthy has the most wins by any Weber coach! He was at our NCAA tourney game in Sacramento last yr...wish I could have met him!

Coaching History
Year Coach Record PCT Big Sky Titles
1963-1968 Dick Motta 98-29 77% 3
1969-1971 Phil Johnson 68-16 84% 3
1972-1975 Gene Visscher 63-45 58% 2
1976-1985 Neil McCarthy 200-98 67% 4
1986-1988 Larry Farmer 34-54 39% 0
1989-1991 Denny Huston 43-42 51% 0
1992-1999 Ron Abegglen 157-83 65% 3
2000-2006 Joe Cravens 116-88 57% 1
2007-* Randy Rahe 24-18 56% 1

I made it to the Gossner Classic in Logan to see NAU play Utah State. The 'Jacks had it within 7 with a minute left but ended up losing by 16.

NAU looked really good and I don't think they are a 5th place team like they were voted to be. They are a good shooting team and seamed to have an off night. They did have good D and I was impressed with "Baldy's" team considering they lost a lot of good players.

If NAU is hitting from the Arc I think they will be able to easily beat any 'Sky teams this year.

Geizer nailed 7 three's the night before the USU game against Furman. Too bad he wasn't hot at the USU game.

Latest posts

Back