• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Mike Kramer introduced as new ISU HC Monday at 10am.

bengalcub

From ISJ--article to run Monday morning...

Kramer to be introduced as new ISU football coach

Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2010 7:53 pm

By Jay Heater [email protected] | 0 comments

Sources have confirmed that former Montana State and Eastern Washington head coach Mike Kramer will be introduced as Idaho State’s head football coach today.

ISU announced last Sunday that head coach John Zamberlin and his assistant coaches were being fired. Zamberlin coached the Bengals’ final game of the season on Saturday, a 34-7 loss at Eastern Washington. ISU finished 1-10.

The university released a statement on Sunday evening that said the new football coach would be announced today at 10 a.m.

Kramer won one Big Sky championship at Eastern Washington and three while the head coach at Montana State.

He has been out of football the past four seasons while awaiting the outcome of a lawsuit against Mo
ntana State. The final part of that lawsuit (Kramer received a $240,000 award) was settled in August.

Montana State fired Kramer in 2007. According to an Associated Press story, Kramer was fired “just days after former Bobcat wide receiver Rick Gatewood was arrested for selling drugs, making him the fifth former MSU football player arrested within a year’s time.”

A story in the Bozeman Daily Chronicle quoted Kramer as saying that the active lawsuit kept him from getting serious consideration for another job.

Although it wasn’t a coaching job, Kramer joined the Washington State football staff prior to the 2010 season as the assistant coordinator of football operations.

He coached Montana State seven seasons (2000-2006) and was at Eastern Washington from 1994-1999. His 77 career wins (77-75) rank No. 3 in Big Sky history. He was the Big Sky “Coach of the Year” at both Eastern Washington and Montana State.

Kramer was 40-43 at Montana State, which included an 0-11 season in 2000, his first at the university. He had a streak of five consecutive winning seasons with the Bobcats.

Kramer is a Colton, Wash., native and he began his coaching career at his former high school. He later became the head coach at Helena High School. He landed his first college assistant’s job at Montana State in 1983, coaching the defensive line. He became defensive coordinator in 1985.

He went 37-32 at Eastern Washington.

Kramer is a University of Idaho graduate (1977) and a former lineman at Idaho.

He is married (Sandi) and has two daughters, Courtney and Gretchen.

— Some information for this story was provided by Washington State University’s sports information department.

Will the press conference be streamed? Or, will there be a "special guest" on tomorrow night's coaches show...?

tuffgong said:
Yes. It's Him. He was impressive and well prepared to say the least..

That was not Tuff's best performance...

C'mon now--give us the juicy details. Nothing coming out of Boise, although I sent KTIK a message.

Good to see the hire. I see better days.

NOW TO IMPORTANT STUFF.

What the Hell is coach Kramer wearing....BLUE SHIRT, Blue BLAZER, ORANGE TIE!! ???? WTF.. LOL

I do not like the combo....it reminds me of THE COU!!

Today was frustrating as an out-of-town guy wanting to enjoy this event. I don't want to be too critical, but Idaho State has this new bad ass website and they aren't using it as well as they could be.

Fans should have had pictures, video and quote available within an hour of the press conference ending. For that matter, the release should have been up and ready to go prior to the news conference happening. Instead I had to go to KPVI and the ISJ to learn more about how things unfolded.

I am very frustrated that it took me so long to get to lean more about the BIG HUMAN.

With that said, I am in love with Kramer. Love at first sight...

Marbs, next time we see him, he will be decked out in orange and black!

I agree with Cub, the lag was surprising.

However, the chatter seems to be filtering in. Here is a very reasonable contribution from Jay Heater: http://www.journalnet.com/news/local/article_ec3270f6-f66a-11df-a977-001cc4c03286.html

I've watched a small bit of the video on KPVI. A few things I liked: he will re-recruit the kids with the program already, he showed respect to Zamberlin and he wants to install a fast-paced offense runnin' plays every 11 seconds.

That was Heater's finest piece in my opinion.

Listening to the coaches show now. Guess what--doesn't sound like Kramer will be on it.

I loved Kramer's interview (VIDEO), made me a bit misty eyed to tell you the truth...

This guy is humbled and grateful to be at Idaho State. He has something to prove, a chip on his shoulder and I like that. Obviously, I heard his commitment to retention, APR and academic support. These kids can't be successful and reach their full potential without a commitment from everyone. In my opinion, Kramer doesn't come here without commitments from Tingey and Vailas. So, I truly believe that the support that is needed is more present now than it has been for quite a long time.

Great day to be a Bengal fan. I can't wait to get season tickets and I will open my wallet and give what I can give.

I am just so happy right now--so very happy!

My apologies--ISU is short staffed tonight and Kramer has booster obligations. The basketball team is gone, Bugger is gone and Steve is handling the whole day on his own.

So, again my apologies for not being sensitive to the current staff situation.

bengalcub said:
My apologies--ISU is short staffed tonight and Kramer has booster obligations. The basketball team is gone, Bugger is gone and Steve is handling the whole day on his own.

So, again my apologies for not being sensitive to the current staff situation.

I'll forgive them as well. ;) Thanks to Cub for posting the link and to KPVI for posting the press conference online -- I really enjoyed watching it!

You guys have a tremendos new coach. He will generate excitement in the program like you have never seen before. He is one charismatic guy. I feel so good about seeing him back coaching. Your right, he has a chip on his shoulder and something to prove. He will do it! You people are in for a real treat. I am an MSU fan but I wish you great success except when you play us!

After all these years I am back on board. I'm still concerned about the facilities but we finally have a coach that knows how to win. He will win a big sky title at ISU.

knothole said:
After all these years I am back on board. I'm still concerned about the facilities but we finally have a coach that knows how to win. He will win a big sky title at ISU.

Great to have you back and you were right about the facilities. I think ISU is making progress as much as possible. Video board, new turf, new locker-room and new weight room.

Latest posts

Back