• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Mondays expo game

My response to a previously deleted post...

He is the head coach and has earned the right to say whatever he wants to the press. I cannot remember in my years as a Bengal fan, a coach that put together a more successful program in such a short amount of time. He has made in to the Big Sky Tourney his first two seasons and has delivered a .500 winning percentage against BSC foes. He also, has put together one of the finest home schedules that most Bengal fans remember.

If anything, he has earned the right to decide who his starting five is on any given night.

I doubt that there is anyone here on this board that has the coaching credentials or success of Joe O'Brien. If anyone here believes they do, please raise your hand.

Bay or Baldwin, Baldwin or Bay--they will both be important parts of the Bengal Machine.

I believe in them both.

O'Brien will make the correct choice. Anyone can see from watching the way that he approaches the game and coaches it, that he has a passion for what he does.
So regardless, he will choose the best player.

I agree that the best players should play.

And I agree that O'Brien knows the game.

It will therefore be interesting to see how all of these lineup questions shake out.

Go Bengals!

Howdy everybody -

I'm new to the board and excited about this year's team!

This is an interesting thread... :roll:

Everyone is worried about O'Brien and what he's going to do...

He played his kid last year - does that mean that he lacks objectivity when choosing his lineups?

This is a man who's won 30 games in a season more than once...

I reckon he is going to put his best 5 players out there for major minutes.

O'Brien's job is on the line - he's got to win NOW!

Paul Grimm said:
O'Brien's job is on the line - he's got to win NOW!

I disagree, O'Brien has earned an opportunity for a couple more years..... Next year will the first year with his recruits starting at every position.

A few comments on the game Monday in regards to my observations. The big men have to play physical and contribute. The biggest problem with this is Stucki is the only one who is patient enough and understands the offense enough to work the ball inside. To make this happen the big men need to position themselves to receive the pass by keeping their defender screened from stepping in front of them and stealing the ball. This happen several times. With the height advantage we should have dominated the boards and the lane. Morgan and Carson are the best athletes on the floor, but they still have to be told where to be to set up the offense. When they don’t have someone on the floor providing direction on where to be they resort to using their athleticism to score taking everyone else out of the offense. Also, this takes the big men out of being in position to block out and use their size to control the boards. All the Big Sky Teams will encourage Morgan and Carson to drive, breaking down the offense. Understanding that with the offense not working and only two individuals scoring this takes everyone else form the flow of the game. We have a lot of Juniors and a couple Seniors on this team with new addition that will contribute; if they play “team” ball and work hard on defense they should be very successful. But if a few decide they don’t want or need to play team ball this will be an average team. Having watched this team for a couple years they should be able to make it to and hopfully host the Big Sky Tournament.

All the Big Sky Teams will encourage Morgan and Carson to drive, breaking down the offense. - Mule

other big sky teams will not want Amorrow and Donnie driving to the basket .. that is their strength. they would rather give up a shot from the outside if they are going to give up anything.. Coach wants the guys to play basketball and take what the defense gives them and if that means the lane is open then they are going to take it. Now i don't mean playing one on one... that will definitely mess up the entire O

I agree that the coach wants them to take what the defense gives them; the problem is they don’t run the offense to create opportunities within the offense. They are great athletes, but lack a good basketball IQ, they don’t understand the offense skims can produce more points if your patient and work within the offense. Patients in the offense allowing other players to get open, or anticipating the play broke down and move to create on your own. I see more of create on your own.

Sigh....once again, most of the offense was not in at the time of the game...Joe stressed the defensive playbook first, and they had to change some of what was in due to missing Felix, Kal, and Austin. Listen to the pregame show....it was all there in the pregame interview....

ISUSID

Latest posts

Back