• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Montana, MSU, Idaho to MWC

Probably just by people who like to speculate and don't have any real knowledge.

MW is going to target other G5 schools first. UTEP already joined, they're going after NMSU and other C-USA schools and AAC schools.

Most Montana fans don't want to join the MW. They'd rather be a powerhouse in the FCS and compete in a playoff system instead of being mid-tier in the FBS and their only post season hopes of playing in the Cheez-it Bowl or whatever.

Plus there have been concerns from all 3 schools plus the Dakota schools of being able to afford it. Idaho was in the Sun Belt and had to drop back down.

I'm hearing a lot of rumors of this happening. It'd obviously not be great for the Big Sky, but could be a good move for those programs.
I hadn't heard that, but now's as good a time as any if they're dead set on doing it. I know the Montana schools have to be a package deal as per their state legislature. Not sure about Idaho...I'd have some questions about whether the financials made sense based on their recent history.

You could say they're somewhat in the Spokane media market, but not really. And besides, that market is over-saturated as it is with Gonzaga, EWU, and WSU amongst others.

Latest posts

Back