• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Montana State PBP Let Go

Pounder

https://twitter.com/VictorFlores406/status/1485697029275721729

Supposedly, in commenting about the game in Bozeman Saturday, the announcer in question compared the lack of calls against Portland State players to Antifa being treated leniently in Portland.

Which, eh, SMH.

In the conversation on the MSU board, one poster mentioned that he has a habit of commenting on body types of various players in a sketchy way. Which, yeah, that sounds like more the indicator to me.

https://www.oregonlive.com/vikings/2022/01/montana-state-broadcaster-fired-for-comparing-portland-state-womens-basketball-players-to-antifa-after-a-riot.html

“Dumb thing to say maybe, but firing me represents MONTANA values?” he continued. “I think not. MSU promotes Portland values, in Montana. Kneeling is fine, political warm-ups are no problem, but some radio yahoo making wise cracks is a capital offense. Everything I said was true. I guess the truth hurts.”

Sounds like a real great guy. Not.

martymoose said:
Everything I said was true. I guess the truth hurts.”

Nothing that he said in that rant could be considered even remotely true. Makes me wonder how big that fish really was that he caught three weeks ago, or how many beers he really drank.

bigskyconf said:
martymoose said:

Nothing that he said in that rant could be considered even remotely true. Makes me wonder how big that fish really was that he caught three weeks ago, or how many beers he really drank.

Stop me if you think this discussion gets too political… but that’s the point.

The difference in what is portrayed in “preferred media” in the mountain states vs here is rather stark. Given I lived in Boise for so long, I can provide multiple examples.

It was curious to look on the Bobcat board that the generalization Canzano made hit rather hard with that group. Canzano should know that college towns are not generally the place to lob those generalizations, even in Montana. And there’s a reason half the state calls the place “Bozangeles.” Not that he’s totally wrong. Not that the Bobcat board hasn’t been getting trolled, for that matter.

All I’d say would be “good luck recruiting” if that guy wasn’t fired. Which he thinks is a capital offense, Chuckle/snort.

Pounder said:
bigskyconf said:
martymoose said:

The difference in what is portrayed in “preferred media” in the mountain states vs here is rather stark. Given I lived in Boise for so long, I can provide multiple examples.

I run into that same thing at work. Our campus is in Colorado and everyone knows that I'm in the Portland area. The difference in the way that I'm greeted ranges from "hey, how's the weather out there?" to "oh my gawd, are you and your family safe?!?!" based on what media is being consumed.

martymoose said:
Pounder said:
bigskyconf said:
martymoose said:

I run into that same thing at work. Our campus is in Colorado and everyone knows that I'm in the Portland area. The difference in the way that I'm greeted ranges from "hey, how's the weather out there?" to "oh my gawd, are you and your family safe?!?!" based on what media is being consumed.

Well, I grew up in Montana, and went to both high school and college in Billings. I understand the Montana culture, as well as the idea that Montanans are quite a misunderstood lot. Most don't ride horses or use outhouses anymore, and most don't have a "Western wardrobe". That is why I listened to the audio over and over, trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, and I just didn't hear it. He had many opportunities to back off, to apologize, to mention that he was "just kidding", and never did. Then to come back the next day and say what he said was "true" was equally perplexing. Montanans love to joke around, but never to the extent of hurting someone else (at least not without an apology).

Latest posts

Back