• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

More players no longer on team!!

Can you say more potential APR hell. I can--APR HELL! The Zamberlin gift just keeps on giving and giving and giving and giving and giving and giving and giving...

i saw these guys last night. they seemed happy... my guess is they wont be the last to leave the field before there time is up.

Cub not sure that I heard you clearly enough. Did you say APR Hell? ;)

How many players have been let go or left the team since the beginning of this semester?

ISUDude said:
Cub not sure that I heard you clearly enough. Did you say APR Hell? ;)

How many players have been let go or left the team since the beginning of this semester?

Only seven or eight...

Counting spring...only a dozen or so...

Perhaps making a move sooner rather than later would be prudent for the administration. Maybe some of these guys could be salvaged and brought back into the fold and the school could salvage a few points for the APR.

ISUDude said:
Perhaps making a move sooner rather than later would be prudent for the administration. Maybe some of these guys could be salvaged and brought back into the fold and the school could salvage a few points for the APR.

You think? My thoughts exactly...

...and guess what the players know this.

SportsMan said:
WR Isaiah Burel and OL Minh Williams are no longer on the football team.....credible source
Heard about these the other day. What's the deal with IB? Anyone know? A senior doesn't normally get cut from the team for missing weights.

Zamberlin sould not do anything after this semester, it should be the school that releases him. This program is going downhill fast and has been for four years. He has had his fair shot of chances. To renew him for 2 more years was a mistake on the schools part. As for the AD, that just makes this school more of a joke, who hires an AD with no school background? Hmmm like someone said above, it all starts at the top. He is the most unfriendly AD I have ever met, and from what I see has no desire to be around the athletes. The only way athletes know who he is, is by word of mouth. Does he even know any athletes? or does he just get to know their faces by the roster list. Now on to coaching staff...lets gut the whole staff and start over, half these kids that have recently quit have their reasons but to be honest the coaching staff has to do with a lot of them. No one wants to play for them! No offense to them because some of them are nice but nice does not win games or keep kids on the team. Another issue, half these kids that get hurt and end up needing surgery or other medical exams done, have to pay by their own insurance or find ways to take care of it themselves. The issue of taking care of these athletes is pathetic, they want to get away as cheap as they can without having to use the schools insurance for these kids....Great Program it sounds like, none of these kids want to play under this staff any longer. Don't get me wrong some of these kids do love Z and some of the staff, but are tired of them. It's time to start over, like ISUDude said, starting fresh could save a lot of these kids from giving up hope.

Minh Williams was incredibly upset with the offensive line coach and was not going to be dealing with him anymore. The coaches talked with Minh today and he told them that he wasnt going to be doing anything else with the O and will strictly be playing D. Coaches accepted his request and we should be seeing him dressed on Saturday.

This is info is according to a player on the team close to the situation.

GO BENGALS!!!

You can't tell the players without a program--on sale from the vendors in the bright orange caps...

Wow, what the hell is going on in Pocatello?

The number one problem with this staff has been recruiting! We no longer have the talent to succeed in the BIg Sky. Sure there are a few players, but overall our talent is at a all time low. That is why they are grasping in air and moving players all around.

The saving grace APR-wise is Isaiah should be close to graduating (I don't know that for a fact), but I would think he would stay on scholarship for the year, and if he graduates, he is a 2-for-2 and actually doesn't hurt the team. I would think he would stick around to finish....well, I would hope. That would be best for him.

Frank

isusid said:
The saving grace APR-wise is Isaiah should be close to graduating (I don't know that for a fact), but I would think he would stay on scholarship for the year, and if he graduates, he is a 2-for-2 and actually doesn't hurt the team. I would think he would stick around to finish....well, I would hope. That would be best for him.

Frank

Players can exit the team and stay on scholarship? That's interesting, to say the least.

actually yes...at least for the year since the are one-year contacts in a way. In an instance like this one, a coach or administration can jump in and keep him on scholarship, and if it gets pulled the student can appeal as well.

Rashaad Richards stayed on scholarship after getting tossed I believe.

Frank

isusid said:
actually yes...at least for the year since the are one-year contacts in a way. In an instance like this one, a coach or administration can jump in and keep him on scholarship, and if it gets pulled the student can appeal as well.

Rashaad Richards stayed on scholarship after getting tossed I believe.

Frank
Frank rashaad richards was not taken care of after being tossed. He was tossed off the team after a 16tackle performance, and he returned back to california after the semester....

jedimaster said:
Another issue, half these kids that get hurt and end up needing surgery or other medical exams done, have to pay by their own insurance or find ways to take care of it themselves. The issue of taking care of these athletes is pathetic, they want to get away as cheap as they can without having to use the schools insurance for these kids.

How does this happen? I thought that the NCAA required insurance on all participating student athletes. Is there more to this, do I have that wrong?

Latest posts

Back