• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

More players no longer on team!!

Yes insurance is given to participating students, but this program has a tendency to write these kids off as pre-existing injuries, or ignore a lot of their problems. Not saying there are those important cases such as Benavides, Burel, and Ward that have all gotten taken care of. I won't get in depth on this situation, I just know of cases where some of these players are given limits on what will be done for them or wont be (payment wise and recovery wise). But what school doesn't have its problems. I would just like to see some changes...for the kids sake.

bengalcub said:
jedimaster said:
Another issue, half these kids that get hurt and end up needing surgery or other medical exams done, have to pay by their own insurance or find ways to take care of it themselves. The issue of taking care of these athletes is pathetic, they want to get away as cheap as they can without having to use the schools insurance for these kids.

How does this happen? I thought that the NCAA required insurance on all participating student athletes. Is there more to this, do I have that wrong?

You have it right. If the injury is related from their particapation in the sport then they are covered. However, if it is not related to their particapation in the sport then their own insurance covers the injury.

bengalogic is correct. Rashaad had the option of fighting for his scholarship in the spring...anytime a student-athlete loses or has a reduced scholarship, they can appeal.

In softball, I wouldn't let the interim coach lower any scholarships (I didn't think that was fair). Had anyone been reduced, they could have filed an appeal, which is heard by a panel of non-athletic department folks. That's what I meant by Rashaad, but he also finished the semester on scholarship. Of course, he was an APR hit...

ISU can ill afford the APR losses. Anytime someone leaves/is kicked from the team, it drives Matt Steuart bonkers.

Frank

JAFO54 said:
SportsMan said:
WR Isaiah Burel and OL Minh Williams are no longer on the football team.....credible source
Heard about these the other day. What's the deal with IB? Anyone know? A senior doesn't normally get cut from the team for missing weights.

From IB himself--he walked out of a team meeting after the Portland State game and missed a team meeting (after the Montana game/a game he did not play in) the following week.

Straight from the horse's mouth...I like it. He has suffered from a few injuries and I'm sure he has been frustrated over the years. It's never good to see a player leave. Especially a SR.

Thanks for the info Cub

Latest posts

Back