• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

NAU Men's BB Signing Class

dbackjon

http://www.nauathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2014-15/releases/20150417o0pa2x" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All from Florida and California

NAU Basketball Signing Class

Corey Brown – Hollywood, Fla. – McArthur HS

Michael Green – Fort Lauderdale, Fla. - Dillard HS

Bryant "Junior" Searcy – Tampa, Fla. – Brooks DeBartolo Collegiate HS

Majestic "Jesse" Tejada – Hollywood, Fla. – McArthur HS

Isaiah Thomas – Oakland, Cali. – Bishop O'Dowd HS

Brady Twombly – Carlsbad, Calif. – La Costa Canyon HS

These guys will be nice additions, but I really want to see a big defensive presence in the middle that will replace Len Springs. I hear some of these guys are very athletic and should make our team more dynamic and exciting to watch. Can't wait to see them in action in the fall.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/tate-de-laveaga" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just picked up on this today. Tate de Laveaga is transferring to an NAIA school. Kind of bummed about this as he was an in-state recruit.

Of the 16 players on last year's roster, five graduated and 2 have transferred and I'm wondering/guessing if Kye de Laveaga transfers out with his brother? That puts half of next year's team as new. Quite the change.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/geoffrey-frid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's the other transfer I came across. Their backup 7 foot post (Geoff Frid) is transferring as well.

king said:
These guys will be nice additions, but I really want to see a big defensive presence in the middle that will replace Len Springs. I hear some of these guys are very athletic and should make our team more dynamic and exciting to watch. Can't wait to see them in action in the fall.

Judging by their roster, it doesn't look like they're going to have a Len Springs type player this year. Frid left and the tallest incoming freshman is 6' 8" or so. The transformation Springs took this year was so fun to watch.

It looks like 8 new players are coming in. 8 freshmen and 8 returning players. It's definitely going to be a new team. Expectations will be up due to the CIT tourney run but I think it will take a while to get that many new players ready to compete at the collegiate level.

Glad to see U of A scheduled NAU again this year. I won't miss that. I hear through the grapevine that NAU is scheduled to play Gonzaga as well. It would be nice to see ASU schedule the Jacks again instead of some far off mid major from the other side of the country. Throw little brother a bone, Sundevils.

sorry to hear about the transfers, but in reality they´re no big loss. I never like the De Laveaga brothers anyway and Frid was a big guy but very clumsy and uncoordinated. Maybe with time Fird would have become a nice inside presence but that´s basketball for you. Hope they settle well somewhere and have much success.

Maybe this year we´ll be a quick athletic team that will overwhelm opponents with quickness and savy play...Hope they play defense as well.

Latest posts

Back