• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

NAU up next

Obzerver

NAU beats Idaho 87-76 in 1st rd today so we get them tomorrow. EWU played them 1/21 and beat them 79-76 at NAU. Second time we played them at home 2/16 and won 72-55.
EWU should win so let's play balls out and win this thing!!!

big-lebowski-ball.gif

alec-baldwin-schweddy.gif

Obzerver said:
NAU beats Idaho 87-76 in 1st rd today so we get them tomorrow. EWU played them 1/21 and beat them 79-76 at NAU. Second time we played them at home 2/16 and won 72-55.
EWU should win so let's play balls out and win this thing!!!

big-lebowski-ball.gif

alec-baldwin-schweddy.gif

The EAGS and Bobcats better lace the boots up tight because both NAU and NOCO looked solid tonight.

Yep, both NAU and UNC will be difficult outs. I really don’t understand the Big Sky tournament methodology. Why wouldn’t you want to protect your top 2 seeds…

Seems as if we aren't favored, according to some, to win this tourny. Guess that's fair but one thing I know about tournys is anybody can beat anybody if the stars/moons align. EWU is favored by 7.5 pts going into todays game. EWU needs to not complicate the formula that resulted in a fantastic season. Just go out and play..make it simple and as Riley said so very many times this season the players know what to do they have made adjustments on their own. Could be Riley just giving credit to players and no doubt Riley has made this season what it is. We can win this thing and I sure think we will win this thing this team has what it takes! I think the women have a chance at this thing as well.

FrigidMatureAsiantrumpetfish-size_restricted.gif

Was trying to think if NAU playing yesterday gives an advantage for EWU. Asked a few players and they said EWU may start out slow while NAU fast having just played. Then EWU should have legs towards the end of the game and NAU may tire before end of game.. That makes sense...or maybe it doesnt...lol. My general thought is EWU in all those wins started out fast generally speaking and then runs by both teams then the finish. We started out slow vs MSU then made big run last qtr. coming up short. So looking for EWU to come out strong but most of all not slow...we do that we win!

wtf-conan.gif

conan-the-barbarian-this-you-can-trust.gif

Most of these TO’s have been unforced. Time to take care of the ball, play defense, and rebound!

What I can't understand is all the to's or why they wait until the 2nd half to put Davis in when he's been a starter all year long.

7:30 left so let's finish this off EAGS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! play
Davis has a knee issue.

We need to keep posting up our guards in the low post and take advantage of that size difference. Time to make a move here.

That was absolutely crazy. What are the odds of Venter missing that free throw and that guy making that 3-pointer?

Total disappointment. The wheels fell off at the wrong time this season. Up 6 with 42 seconds and missing free throws that could’ve banked the game. It’s tough to go through a season like that only to lose 3 in a row and be home on day 2 of the tourney. All credit to NAU as they exposed the defense pretty badly today.

EWURanger said:
What I can't understand is all the to's or why they wait until the 2nd half to put Davis in when he's been a starter all year long.

Obviously you didn't watch the beginning of the game. Davis DID start but went down with recurring injury. Not sure how they treated it to make him able to return the 2nd half. Most all of the turnovers happened in the 1st half yet they were tied @ half. Cleaned them up in the 2nd.
Short story of the loss is missing 3 of 4 FT at the end of the game by two of our best players. Pretty sad ending to a great season, but there is still the NIT.
This loss could be a blessing in disguise. Being a 15-16 seed in the NCAA they would have played a #1 or 2 seed and lose the first game. In the NIT they will be playing a lesser opponent and maybe get a couple/three games in.

Latest posts

Back