• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

NEW HEAD COACH... WE CAN WIN!

ISUTRUE291030

First off, let me say i think there are some limitations to idaho state football. Weather its the available walkon pool, location, operational budget, recruiting resourses, coaches salary pool, fan support,available scholorship limitation because of APR, or maybe even the facilitits are not the best. With all these limitations I do not believe our record reflects the optimal performance of what idaho state football is capable of. just as recently as 1999-2006 Larry Lewis Had our winning % near .500 i know thats nothing to write home about but its what we have recently been capable of.

My point is i have no doubt that Coach Kramer and his crew do the best they can with what they have and what they know. I can imagine the long hours and relentless pursuit for answers that have yet to come. I THINK THE CITY OF POCATELLO, AND THE STATE OF IDAHO NEEDS A COACH WHO THEY CAN RALLY AROUND! I THINK ISU NEEDS A COACH WHO KNOWS THE LIMITATIONS AND RESOURSES OF THE PROGRAM AND THE BEST WAY TO MAXIMIZE AND MANIPULATE RESOURSES TO GET THE MOST OF THE PROGRAMS POTENTIAL. A HOME TOWN HERO AND EXTRAORDIANRY INDIVIDUAL AS I KNOW HIM THROUGH THE COUPLE INTERACTIONS WE'VE HAD.

ID SUGGEST THE PERFECT CANADATE (AS IDAHO STATE UNIVERSITY'S NEXT HEAD COACH AND PROGRAM CHANGER) IS "NICK WHITWORTH" AKA THE MACKAY MISSLE AKA THE BEST RECRUITING COORDINATOR WE'VE HAD HERE. THE MAN WHO WAS INSTRAMENTAL IN GETTING MATT GUTIERREZ FROM MICHIGAN, HES ALSO BROUGHT IN GUYS LIKE TAVOY MOORE, JOSH BARNETT, EDDIE THOMPSON, KENYON BLUE, MOORIS WOOTEN, JOSH HILL (SAINTS) , AND OH YEAH EVAN DITRICT-SMITH (PACKERS) WHO HAPPENS TO BE DOING OK FOR HIMSELF THESE DAYS AS AARON RODGERS FOCAL POINT OF PROTECTION.

NICK WHITWORTH KNOWS THE COMMUNITY (THE COMMUNITY KNOWS HIM), THE PEOPLE, THE SCHOOL, ITS HARDSHIPS, I HONESTLY THINK HE'LL HAVE AN EMOTIONAL CONNECTION WITH THE SCHOOL AND ITS BEST INTEREST.. HE'S YOUNG AND FULL OF ENERGY. HE'LL BE A TIRELESS RECRUITER AND I HONESTLY THINK HE'LL BE THE SPARK WE NEED TO HAVE A SHOT AT BECOMING A LEGITIMETE CONTENDER. AFTER TALKING TO A FEW GOOD FRIENDS AND FELLOW ALUMNI OVER THE WEEKEND WE THOUGHT HE WOULD BE AN EXCELLENT FIT AS THIS PROGRAMS NEXT HEAD COACH.

THOUGHTS?

I think Coach Kramer deserves a chance to build this program as he is under contract. Let's see what he can do during the 2014 season before talking about a new coach. His first two years was a free pass in my opinion due to the APR problems.

With all respect to Nick who was always good to me, Mike Kramer is a three time Big Sky Coach of the Year. That doesn't happen by luck or because he had a nice smile. He turned around down programs at Eastern Washington and Montana State. Its taken longer at ISU because frankly (and he says the same) the circumstances were worse when he took over the program than in his previous stops. I mean the NCAA was ready to shut down the football operation.

He deserves the time it takes to get things right, it won't happen overnight and its hard to be patient when you haven't had much to cheer about for 40 years but to do the job right, to be able to sustain success you have to get a plan, set a course and stay with it. Kramer has established the plan, he's set the course, progress by any measurable metric is being made...changing horses now in midstream is counter productive in my opinion.

PBP

OMG!!!REALLY???? NOT!!!! I THINK SOMEONE IN THE WHITWORTH FAMILY IS HAVING PIPE DREAMS!!!!WE ALREADY HAVE AN EGOMANIAC AS THE HEAD COACH WE SURE AS HE!! DON'T NEED ANOTHER ONE! :thumbdown:

Kramer isn't being replaced anytime soon, nor should he be. He has the program moving in the right direction. Replacing him without giving him a fair chance to see how far he can take the program makes no sense. He is not an egomaniac. He is the man for the job.

I HOPE THIS THREAD DIES, SO WE DONT HAVE TO READ ANYMORE POSTS WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS. ALL CAPS IS HARD TO READ, AND UNDERMINES THE CREDIBILITY OF THE WRITER. THE CONTENT OF THE ALL CAPS POSTS ABOVE DEMONSTRATES WHY.

Latest posts

Back