• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

New Head Coaching List

Beardown

We can only hope that coach Ed is gone after this season. Crazy to think we might have a new coaching staff. I know a lot of these guys are rehashed names, but let's have some fun. The UNC job is not the best in the conference, but it's not the worst either.

My hope in order.

1. Jed Stugart
2. Marty English
3. An defensive or offensive coordinator from one of the three top Big Sky schools.

Beardown said:
We can only hope that coach Ed is gone after this season. Crazy to think we might have a new coaching staff. I know a lot of these guys are rehashed names, but let's have some fun. The UNC job is not the best in the conference, but it's not the worst either.

My hope in order.

1. Jed Stugart
2. Marty English
3. An defensive or offensive coordinator from one of the three top Big Sky schools.

Which one of the above coaches coaching this year's team would have beat Wyoming, Montana St, Sac State Idaho, Cal Davis who only lost by 2 pts to the best team in FCS. This year's schedule was a nightmare. Combine that with the loss of several key players and you have what we have. Let's see how we do with the next 3 games against teams that are not in the top 10 in the country before we talk about how bad the team is. If we lose all of the next 3 games then I could say "UNC, we have a problem"

budbear said:
Beardown said:

My hope in order.

1. Jed Stugart
2. Marty English

Which one of the above coaches coaching this year's team would have beat Wyoming, Montana St, Sac State, Idaho, Cal Davis who only lost by 2 pts to the best team in FCS. This year's schedule was a nightmare. Combine that with the loss of several key players and you have what we have. Let's see how we do with the next 3 games against teams that are not in the top 10 in the country before we talk about how bad the team is. If we lose all of the next 3 games then I could say "UNC, we have a problem"

Beardown said:

My hope in order.

1. Jed Stugart
2. Marty English

Man, this is the same coaching wishlist people had in 2006, let's try to update things more than once every 20 years.

I think Max McCaffrey would slide in well to the head coaching position.

I think Ed is past his prime and his kid would connect with the young players.

Holy shit, did I type that with a straight face?

budbear said:
budbear said:
Beardown said:

My hope in order.

1. Jed Stugart
2. Marty English

Which one of the above coaches coaching this year's team would have beat Wyoming, Montana St, Sac State, Idaho, Cal Davis who only lost by 2 pts to the best team in FCS. This year's schedule was a nightmare. Combine that with the loss of several key players and you have what we have. Let's see how we do with the next 3 games against teams that are not in the top 10 in the country before we talk about how bad the team is. If we lose all of the next 3 games then I could say "UNC, we have a problem"

I'm just curious...why would Jed Stugart want to come here? Lindenwood is now FCS, with better facilities, they are winning, and the tight end left UNC to go play at Lindenwood!

Which one of the above coaches coaching this year's team would have beat Wyoming, Montana St, Sac State Idaho, Cal Davis who only lost by 2 pts to the best team in FCS. This year's schedule was a nightmare. Combine that with the loss of several key players and you have what we have. Let's see how we do with the next 3 games against teams that are not in the top 10 in the country before we talk about how bad the team is. If we lose all of the next 3 games then I could say "UNC, we have a problem"
[/quote]

I guess losing to 2-5 Houston Baptist doesn't count...

Miguel said:

I guess losing to 2-5 Houston Baptist doesn't count...
[/quote]
Yes, sadly it counts although I still think we could have won that game if not for a couple of breaks. Remember, Cal Davis looked like a really bad team when they started playing and lost to Cal, South Dakota St, Weber and Montana St. I hope we will look much better these next 3 games.

Freddie Banks is the guy. Nobody else is doing it for me.

Look him up. CSU D-coordinator doing some solid work with an undermanned unit in FOCO. Montana State's D-coordinator last season when they could've won the national championship.

I am too apathetic about our program to keep writing, but look him up. You'll probably agree. He's the guy. (But if I was him ,I'd say hell no and wait for something waaaayyyy better)

GoBears_303 said:
Freddie Banks is the guy. Nobody else is doing it for me.

Look him up. CSU D-coordinator doing some solid work with an undermanned unit in FOCO. Montana State's D-coordinator last season when they could've won the national championship.

I am too apathetic about our program to keep writing, but look him up. You'll probably agree. He's the guy. (But if I was him ,I'd say hell no and wait for something waaaayyyy better)

I don't trust a guy that spent his entire playing career at NDSU. Okay, that's my old DII NCC rivalry in me speaking. Do we pay enough to lure anyone with promise?

Better idea, move on from football drop the program and the try to turn Greeley into a basketball town by paying a good head coach like we have had enough money to try to get them to not leave every 3 years.

Can you imagine if Rad Tad Boyle was still here we would have been Big Sky Kings for like 15 years in a row!

Maybe invest some of the dropping football money into baseball as well, we used to be pretty good 50 + years ago.

Unless McCaffery quits, it ain't happening. We had, what, 7 years of going nowhere before this?

Blofeld said:
No rumors out there yet?

They were extremely tight lipped last go around, I’m not sure when the public will get a list.

McCaffrey’s salary wasn’t horrible…base of $190, 000; could be bumped to $200,000? I know Stugart is making $168,000 at Lindenwood. Our facilities aren’t in worse shape as last go around either. New weight room, new lights will be put into Nottingham and the new turf.

Beardown said:
Blofeld said:
No rumors out there yet?

They were extremely tight lipped last go around, I’m not sure when the public will get a list.

McCaffrey’s salary wasn’t horrible…base of $190, 000; could be bumped to $200,000? I know Stugart is making $168,000 at Lindenwood. Our facilities aren’t in worse shape as last go around either. New weight room, new lights will be put into Nottingham and the new turf.

They are getting lights at Nottingham?

Brian said:
Beardown said:
Blofeld said:
No rumors out there yet?

They are getting lights at Nottingham?

Yes. https://www.9news.com/amp/article/sports/ncaa/ncaaf/nottingham-field-unc-bears/73-9f84bc71-56a3-484f-97db-1048b655fb68

Hopefully Ed was overstating his contribution to the donation ("a close friend of mine"), so it doesn't fall through with the firing.

Still no rumors about this? It's either more secretive than the Manhattan Project or nobody cares... :lol:

Latest posts

Back