• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

New players

And Gueller and Delacenserie will have the advantage of playing through spring ball. Not to say he won't be the starter come fall, but we shouldn't expect our current QBs to just roll over and play dead.

It's nice to have options. Don't throw Kvinsland out of the pic. It will be a battle. I was high on Gueller but now you throw Kvinsland and the JC into the mix. Good problem to have is how I see it.

Actually, I thought Delacenserie and Gueller would compete for the starting QB position in 2015. It would appear that Coach Kramer wants an experienced JUCO QB to join the program during Fall Camp. If that comes true than I have to give the edge to the JUCO QB.

I am surprised Coach Kramer wants to sign a JUCO QB as he currently or will have three full scholarship QB's on the team during Fall Camp but I guess he feels they are too young and inexperienced for the starting QB position.

bengalcub said:
I have heard from multiple sources that he has committed. Details coming soon.

It looks like he signed today...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TGunner9/status/566033998271365120[/tweet]

If I am reading his stat line correctly, it looks like he threw for 3535 yards in 10 games, completed 62% of his passes, had 35 touchdown passes against 8 interceptions and was sacked 0 times. Pretty impressive.

https://mobile.twitter.com/m_sanders1026" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
its official! Sanders has signed. I watched his highlight video, looks like a solid QB so far.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3914876/michael-sanders" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here's a highlight reel on Sanders

If you stop and think about Coach Kramer's philosophy for freshmen recruits, you can call it the "thousand days in the program" plan. He's made it repeatedly clear that most freshmen need to redshirt their first year, then backup and play special teams for two more before they're ready to be regular starters on the offense or defense. Taking another JC QB makes total sense when talking about Tanner Gueller as the perceived heir apparent. It may not be necessarily good news for Delacensarie, who will be a RS Sophomore, but that remains to be seen.
We shouldn't be surprised. Both of Mike's other QB's were JC guys. I do think he may have been more inclined to stick with the two young guys if Coach Bailey were staying around, but once he knew Don was leaving I think his first thought was that with a new OC in place, an experienced QB onboard only makes sense.

Just my own thoughts on the matter.

Me eat Crow? Not me -- Up's eating crow right this very moment. It was me who said that for sure we'd sign a JC transfer for a D-1 drop down. And Up said there's no way that would happen, but that Kramer would be loyal to his younger QB's and not have to bring any others in to compete. I was 100% correct, but I'm not going to boast about it or anything. And no hard feelings towards anyone.

You were 100% correct Boise and Letuknow was being sarcastic :)...

I believe VOTB is right--this is not the greatest news for Delacensarie. It is very hard to keep young QB's at the Big Sky level when they realize they are farther down the depth chart than someone younger.

I like having a JC QB, especially with a new OC coming on board. However, it would not shock me if Gueller was the starter in the fall. But, if I had to make a bet Sanders will start and Gueller will play as much as possible over the next two years. Then he will come in and own the job for the next two.

As Ohio State demonstrated on a high level, and Eastern Washington at the Big Sky, you can never have too many good quarterbacks.

Skippy said:
As Ohio State demonstrated on a high level, and Eastern Washington at the Big Sky, you can never have too many good quarterbacks.

Closer to home, Utah State went 4 deep at the QB position last year and still won 10 games, including a 3rd straight bowl game. 3 different QBs have won a bowl game for USU in the past 3 years.

Last season, I mentioned that a JUCO QB needed to be signed to backup Arias in case he was unavailable as Delacensarie was too young as a redshirt freshmen and Gueller was redshirting. CJ Reyes was really the backup QB if Arias was not available and we all know CJ did not play much at QB. We were lucky Arias played the entire year without missing a game otherwise the season would have not been the same. I think Kramer finally realized that his current QB's are just too young and inexperienced and with Bailey leaving decided to find a JUCO QB who could step in right away because of his experience. I agree with VOTB, if Bailey would have stayed than maybe Kramer would have went with his younger inexperienced QB's. Either way, like Skippy said, it never hurts to have a lot of QB's on the team . I am sorry that Boise and Letuknow did not get their drop down QB from the Vandals but at least they tried their best.

FBS schools have up to 85 scholarships---FCS have up to 63. That may help explain some of the depth at the QB position.

up for the challenge said:
Last season, I mentioned that a JUCO QB needed to be signed to backup Arias in case he was unavailable as Delacensarie was too young as a redshirt freshmen and Gueller was redshirting. CJ Reyes was really the backup QB if Arias was not available and we all know CJ did not play much at QB. We were lucky Arias played the entire year without missing a game otherwise the season would have not been the same. I think Kramer finally realized that his current QB's are just too young and inexperienced and with Bailey leaving decided to find a JUCO QB who could step in right away because of his experience. I agree with VOTB, if Bailey would have stayed than maybe Kramer would have went with his younger inexperienced QB's. Either way, like Skippy said, it never hurts to have a lot of QB's on the team . I am sorry that Boise and Letuknow did not get their drop down QB from the Vandals but at least they tried their best.

You crack my shit up.

You get on here and mock everyone for saying that a drop down or JC QB would be targeted. Then after the the chips fall into place you recap the obvious--with your stamp of approval. You never even offered to wear the I AM A DUMBASS PIN for the day. Then you throw another dig about Chalich, whom ISU would have gladly taken if he wanted to come to ISU.

UFTC, you my friend are FIRED!

Up, you must not have a very good memory, but I did say that we would sign a juco transfer or Division 1-A drop down, not just a D-1 dropdown, and I've got a quote to prove it that's from a locked thread. Here's a quote of yours that was posted on Dec. 9, 2014, and you quoted me on this and said you'd have the last laugh. Here goes:

I agree. I do not know what boisebengal was thinking about wanting Chad Chalich from the Idaho Vandals. I not even sure Chad Chalich is leaving the Vandals or wants to come to ISU as there is nothing in the media about that other than talk. I think boisebengal just does not think our backup QB's to Arias are very good. These QB's have not even played very much other than getting practice reps. We have to remember Kramer and Bailey recruited and signed these QB's so they are our future just like Arias was when he backed up Yost for two years.

quote from boisebengal on transfer QB - At the beginning of the season Arias was head and shoulders much better than Delacensarie and the others -- it wasn't even close. And I'm not sure if the others are ready to step in and assume the responsibility next season. Big separation between Arias and the others. Kramer and staff have to find the very best person they can to run the offense, and why wouldn't they bring someone in to compete for the job? I think there's a very good chance that we will get a JC transfer or D1 drop-down QB to compete with the others. In fact, I'm so confident that I'll prove it to you in February.

Well, boisebengal - are you sure you are going to prove it to us in February? lol

Like I said, there's no hard feelings between you and I out there, but let's just take this whole thing and drop it now.

Latest posts

Back