• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

North Dakota's Membership Already in Jeopardy?

Orly_verbose.jpg

I have way too much to say about this bullshit, both on the sporting level and political level. :evil:

Besides, UND is MANDATED by STATE LAW to keep the mascot and image. Since when does the NCAA have legal jurisdiction over state government? They could be policing corruption in athletic programs, from my Buckeyes to Cameron Newton and trying to be a fair organization. But nooooooo, they just have to be politically correct and "care" for feelings, disregarding the fact that political correctness is racism in a nutshell, if anything. The fact that the NCAA feels it can exercise power over a state government is the real issue that's infuriating me, overall. The sheer arrogance of that organization is absolutely amazing.

Hey, since we're on the mascot discussion, PSU should change their name from Vikings to Mariners. It offends my Viking ancestry :lol: Or, tell Holy Cross to drop the "Crusader" moniker because it might offend Muslims. And let's kill Notre Dame's "Fighting Irish" because it might piss off the actual Irish.

Jesus the things that go on in today's world.

http://www.rockytoptalk.com/2011/4/20/2122210/ncaa-audacity-cares-not-for-your-fighting-sioux-law-north-dakota" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Overall, the North Dakota Legislature was wrong to even put UND in this position in the first place. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't for the University. The University had the overwhelming support of one of the tribes, the Spirit Lake Sioux, while the other notable tribe, the Standing Rock Tribe, never voted (it was likely they would have voted against the nickname). Basically, it's a cluster***k of two giant political entities (the North Dakota Legislature and the NCAA), the vast, mixed opinions of the people in North Dakota who are split three ways (the PC crowd on one side, the pro-Sioux Mascot on the other, and the people who didn't care either way, in the middle) and in the end, who loses? Everyone but the politicians and activists. These power games motivated by money, political correctness, ego and arrogance are simply amazing.

isusuperfan said:
Overall, the North Dakota Legislature was wrong to even put UND in this position in the first place. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't for the University. The University had the overwhelming support of one of the tribes, the Spirit Lake Sioux, while the other notable tribe, the Standing Rock Tribe, never voted (it was likely they would have voted against the nickname). Basically, it's a cluster***k of two giant political entities (the North Dakota Legislature and the NCAA), the vast, mixed opinions of the people in North Dakota who are split three ways (the PC crowd on one side, the pro-Sioux Mascot on the other, and the people who didn't care either way, in the middle) and in the end, who loses? Everyone but the politicians and activists. These power games motivated by money, political correctness, ego and arrogance are simply amazing.

Actually, popular opinion up here and various polls seems to support the belief that if the members of the Standing Rock tribe were allowed to vote as Spirit Lake was, that the outcome would be similar in support for the continued use of the name and logo.

First off, welcome to the board if I haven't seen you around (I think I have, idk...I'm getting old :lol:)

Second, thanks for that correction. I was reading a lot of newspaper sites concerning this issue, some had Standing Rock voting for it and others had it against it. There was one that said the more activist side held the vote in contempt because the people hadn't been properly "educated" on the issue, which I interpreted as "they aren't looking at it through OUR point of view"...but I didn't know if that was accurate or not (knowing activists I could believe it but I decided to err on the side of safety here)

Ahhhhh it's so confusing and frustrating. Keep up the good fight against the Legislature AND the NCAA! Hope to see you guys in Pocatello this coming season!!!

Latest posts

Back