• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Northern Colorado vs. Sacramento State

Floydcaster

Okay, the Bears play #23 (coaches) Sacramento State. Their only losses are to a now #16 Northern Iowa and Cal-Berkley. They beat ranked Montana two weeks ago and most recently smoked Northern Arizona 44-0. It's a home game and boy, it's going to be a tough one. Hopefully COVID restrictions will not take any more players this week because we will need everyone we can. Defense will need to play lights out and our offense will need to, show up and limit their mistakes to a bare minimum to pull this off.

There's a chance that the Bears could pull this off, but it's slim.

We should run the wishbone. I think that's our only hope (service academy style football).

Brian said:
We should run the wishbone. I think that's our only hope (service academy style football).

Not a bad idea as Dylan is mobile enough to run it. Running backs would love it. Receivers might get a little bored.

I wonder how our OL would adjust? Also, might be tough to change an entire offense in a week. :D

Not a fan of those gray yoga pants we are sporting today. Offense needs to get some first downs to help the defense out a bit.

Well so far the defensive coaches don’t look like they watched any film and as usual we love middle runs and inside screens with no blocking this sucks!

Please tell me where we have improved?? The defense is playing hard like they always do, but we don’t get points for that, our offense is horrendous we have 97 yards of offense at the half 83 of it in one play, please help me understand how we have improved oh and by the way 1 first down!!

Beanhead said:
Please tell me where we have improved?? The defense is playing hard like they always do, but we don’t get points for that, our offense is horrendous we have 97 yards of offense at the half 83 of it in one play, please help me understand how we have improved oh and by the way 1 first down!!

You are correct, our defense has been the bright spot. As for our offense, it's still spotty but our receivers are running their routes a lot better than at the beginning of the season. The OL, a big work in progress, has started to occasionally open holes and protect McCaffrey enough to make plays if need be. Again, this is watching them at the beginning of the season to now. Is it pretty? Not usually. However, it has gotten better.

Like I've said, this is a year zero for Ed. Development takes time.

Beanhead said:

Admittedly the first half was...not great. But the second half was probably as good as the team's looked all season, a genuinely impressive performance against a good team. We've got Montana next week and if both teams play like they did today it's not going to be a gimme for the Griz.

Latest posts

Back