• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Offensive Line

I have been under the impression that our offensive line was supposed to be back playing, like real soon. If they're out for the remaining of this year (like they were out last year) I don't think our chances of winning games is very good.

Mike stated on the coaches show last Wednesday that one of the returning players will be out again for a very long time or words along those lines while Phillips would be out for the year.

The line simply couldn't stay healthy this year and that goes for the defensive line as well (Williams, Peoples...) Old school coaches will tell you it all starts up front on both sides of the ball.

PBP

PBP said:
Mike stated on the coaches show last Wednesday that one of the returning players will be out again for a very long time or words along those lines while Phillips would be out for the year.

The line simply couldn't stay healthy this year and that goes for the defensive line as well (Williams, Peoples...) Old school coaches will tell you it all starts up front on both sides of the ball.

PBP

"Old school coaches will tell you it all starts up front on both sides of the ball." = So Very Well Said PBP, those two lines are SO CRITICAL to team success. If you cant run stop or pressure the passer with the D-Line it is tough to stop an offense, if you can run block or pass protect it is tough to move the chains

have faith that the young bucks who are playing in these spots that the injured O & D - lineman are out for the season will continue to get better each week, its a long season and they can get it done as the season goes along. Thankfully the team gets a airplane to Flagstaff Arizona this week and no two day bus drive to get to the game.

i do not see our OL being the problem on offense so far this season just because we have some starters unavailable.. It just seems to easy to put the blame on the OL when the offense is not being productive. What about the QB, RB's, receivers, and offensive play calling during a game? As far ss I know we have not had any unavailabilities at these positions. Maybe, that should be the focus rather than the OL during a game. A good QB, good receivers, and a good RB will find away to put up good numbers and points on the scoreboard.

PBP said:

PBP

Severe injuries have hurt us for two years. Yes, every team has injuries, but maybe we're getting to the point where a platoon system of substitution may be necessary to help combat the every play pounding these players take on a daily basis throughout the year. It looks like Coach K has started to do that already at running back. Whittingham at Utah has had five running backs go down with injuries with half the season to go. Linemen are in the grinder every play. I'm just looking at us staying healthy enough for the rest of the season so we can have a chance at success. Our team can suceed, but it's a concern across collegiate sports.

bill_idaflls said:
PBP said:

PBP

Severe injuries have hurt us for two years. Yes, every team has injuries, but maybe we're getting to the point where a platoon system of substitution may be necessary to help combat the every play pounding these players take on a daily basis throughout the year. It looks like Coach K has started to do that already at running back. Whittingham at Utah has had five running backs go down with injuries with half the season to go. Linemen are in the grinder every play. I'm just looking at us staying healthy enough for the rest of the season so we can have a chance at success. Our team can suceed, but it's a concern across collegiate sports.

It is likely that this team doesn't win another game all year.

bhumble said:
bill_idaflls said:
PBP said:

PBP

It is likely that this team doesn't win another game all year.

you maybe right bhumble. We will have to play much better on offense and defense. Is there a game breaker on our team? If so, who?

up for the challenge said:
i do not see our OL being the problem on offense so far this season just because we have some starters unavailable.. It just seems to easy to put the blame on the OL when the offense is not being productive. What about the QB, RB's, receivers, and offensive play calling during a game? As far ss I know we have not had any unavailabilities at these positions. Maybe, that should be the focus rather than the OL during a game. A good QB, good receivers, and a good RB will find away to put up good numbers and points on the scoreboard.

I disagree, Up for the challenge. I think that it's pretty difficult for any QB, running backs, and receivers to be that great without a solid line. Same for the D. You need very good, and experienced linemen to be a good team. It does all begin up front. At least in my opinion and some others.

At the press conference today Mike announced both Collins and Phillips are out for the rest of the season.

PBP

Reborn2010 said:

I disagree, Up for the challenge. I think that it's pretty difficult for any QB, running backs, and receivers to be that great without a solid line. Same for the D. You need very good, and experienced linemen to be a good team. It does all begin up front. At least in my opinion and some others.

Are you saying our OL is not very good without Skylar Phillips in the lineup or our OL is one of the worst OL in the league? I do.not know what you or others think other than saying an experienced OL is the difference in winning or losing games. Stats show we are above average in not allowing sacks and we are average compared to most teams in passing yardage but below average in rushing yardage. I would say our OL is average in the league. Chase Collins has been out of the lineup forever and Skylar Phillips was unavailable for The Portland State game. In my opinion, our OL has been doing a pretty good job since game one but please correct me if you or anyone disagrees. We have an average OL in my opinion.

If we are going to use the excuse for our offense not being productive because we lost two experienced OL than something is seriously wrong in my opinion as both were not All American candidates and both were not selected as first team OL candidates in the Big Sky. Just because we lost a few experienced OL starters early into the season does not mean their backups are not ready to fill their positions as there are a lot of players that come off the bench and play very well.

For the last five seasons there has been some pretty good one liners or excuses why we lose games. This year the new one liner appears to be "losing band members" as losing band members affects the band and the band will never be the same. If you think about it we have not had a very good band in the last Five years compared to most bands so why is this band any different than previous bands we have had? When we are no longer a backup band than I will be a believer that this band is pretty darn good. Maybe, a new lead singer and/ or drummer is all we need for the present band currently playing to be a great band. Maybe, that lead singer or drummer is currently on the team but has not been on stage yet.

I am saddened to see Phillips and Collins out for the season.

I am not talking about the defensive line as that is another topic.

seriously..... we get it.
you don't like Kramer and have some kind of 'bro-mance' going with that tiny little running back
(not that there's anything wrong with that)

really EVERYONE gets it
jeez

spartan said:
you don't like Kramer and have some kind of 'bro-mance' going with that tiny little running back

really EVERYONE gets it
jeez[/quote

PBP:

Illegal Hit again PBP from Spartan.

I never said I did not like Kramer and I did not say anything about a tiny running back. Using the word "Bro-Mance"
to me is not very cool as I consider that an insult. That is an illegal hit.

Tacoma5 said:
spartan said:

really EVERYONE gets it
jeez

Regardless of your personal issues with UFTC, your comments are way out of line.

I am not the only one that Spartan hits after the play is over. He likes that as no flags are thrown after his Illegal hit until he gets hit back and than someone notifies the referee that he got hit.

To one and all:

OK folks...I've tried to be reasonable to ask folks to be courteous no matter what you think of the other person.

It doesn't seem to be working...so here goes.

No more "cute" responses...no more trying to "one up" someone...no more "talking down (or typing down) to someone.

No more warnings. Next time rips get handed out.

If you can't be civil, it's best to say nothing at all.

This warning is for everyone, no exceptions.

Thank you,
PBP

PBP:

Why are you not suspending Spartan after you warned him last time? Using the word Bro-Mance is not cool. Than you wonder why posters say something back to him after his comments. It has been going on with him for years as he never has anything to say about the program whether it be good or bad. He just jumps in and attacks posters personally.

uftc

PBP:

Why are you not suspending Spartan after you warned him last time? Using the word Bro-Mance is not cool. Than you wonder why posters say something back to him after his comments. It has been going on with him for years as he never has anything to say about the program whether it be good or bad. He just jumps in and attacks posters personally.

uftc

Because I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, even yourself. And I'm trying to be fair about this.So let's not push or question this anymore please. Thank you.

Personally I didn't think the term "bro-mance" was a problem myself. I agree the way it was worded was bothersome to me.

And in fact you or anyone else don't have to say one word in return, nothing. Just let it go and let the powers that be determine what if anything to do.

I've stated my position, I've given fair warning. We will see what happens.

Like I said, respectfully to all...stop it right now, if something happens let it go, I and others will deal with it as we see fit.

Many thanks again,
PBP

Latest posts

Back