• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

one win are we are back in this.

Eric hollowell

half the teams in the big sky are 0-1. after we win this week we are back in this thing. yesterday is like an old newspaper you roll in up and throw it away.

School

Big Sky

Overall

Portland State 1-0 3-0
North Dakota 1-0 3-1
Montana State 1-0 2-1
Eastern Washington 1-0 2-2
Montana 1-0 2-2
Southern Utah 1-0 2-2
Weber State 1-0 2-2
Northern Arizona 0-1 2-2
Cal Poly 0-1 1-3
Idaho State 0-1 1-3
Sacramento State 0-1 1-3
UC Davis 0-1 0-4
Northern Colorado 0-2 2-2

If the Bengals were not getting blown out of games I would agree with you Eric. Cal Poly will be favored by 21 points or more going into this game. The best part of this trip would be to have a fish and chips lunch in Morro Bay prior to the game.

up for the challenge said:
If the Bengals were not getting blown out of games I would agree with you Eric. Cal Poly will be favored by 21 points or more going into this game. The best part of this trip would be to have a fish and chips lunch in Morro Bay prior to the game.

up for the challenge. as a Coach I handed out a few beatings even took a few and what Learned was one game had nothing to do with the next one. with that I fine hope. this is not broken just need adjustments to fix current players. I would get away from the 3-4 which does not work nearly as well with our best LB out and go 4-3. this well help us on the inside runs where we been getting killed and will help us on the edge with a running QB. just a opinion

No need to make any adjustments. Jenkins? Who is Jenkins? Next man up! If Sanders struggles...next man up. If Guller plays and under performs...next man up! Burn the Redshirt and next man up! Five out of six games on the road...psssssh...next team up. Poor adjustments by coaches...next coach up. Kicker and punters...who needs em'...next man up!

Team slogan WE/US...change it now...NEXT MAN UP!

bengalcub said:
No need to make any adjustments. Jenkins? Who is Jenkins? Next man up! If Sanders struggles...next man up. If Guller plays and under performs...next man up! Burn the Redshirt and next man up! Five out of six games on the road...psssssh...next team up. Poor adjustments by coaches...next coach up. Kicker and punters...who needs em'...next man up!

Team slogan WE/US...change it now...NEXT MAN UP!

what adjustments do you have in mine? because to take your position is to assume the next man up is as good as the last man to go down. which is almost never the case. we lost the last three games big deal still have 7 to play. anyone that's ever played this game knows how hard it is to win just one and they need all the energy and support from us the fans.

My apologies I could not find the sarcasm font on my last post. I was amused by the fact that you were stating that injuries have an impact on what a team can do. It inspired me to pen a brilliant post. So, to reiterate, I was mocking you and your next man up jingle.

Carry on mayne...

Almost forgot I would go with a 5-2 or a 4-4 and I would sprinkle in some 4-3. I would show multiple fronts. Take away the dive and make the QB make a decision fast. It would be a day of telling the CB's you are on your own because the box is gonna be full and you aren't going to get safety help. But what do I know? You played the game.

I find it funny you don't think injuries part in what a team can and can't do. Manning goes down Colts win one game. brandy goes down New England does not make the playoffs. Rodgers goes down packers go 1-4. you want more because there are plenty of examples.

there is nothing wrong with a 4-4 or 5-2 the issue I would have is you're playing with a single high safety which in todays football it would take him out of the game unless his name is Earl Thomas or Eric Berry and last check I don't see them playing for us this weekend. plus you now have to teach new converges and new calls for the DB's. good luck teaching that is 3 days. but good dialog

Of course injuries are a part of the game. Thus my sarcastic response to next man up.

What defense did ISU play last year against the Mustangs?

I have yet to see our offense establish a rushing game this season. Why not go to a huddle offense, let our big OL walk up to the ball, let our big OL run block and let our all-star running back run the ball? Control the ball and take time of the clock. Believe me, that is what Cal Poly will do on Saturday night. No way we will win this game by passing the ball all night. It will be 3 and out and giving back the ball to a well controlled rushing team that will wear down our defense. We do not have an Arias this season. Sanders is still developing as a QB.

up for the challenge said:
I have yet to see our offense establish a rushing game this season. Why not go to a huddle offense, let our big OL walk up to the ball, let our big OL run block and let our all-star running back run the ball? Control the ball and take time of the clock. Believe me, that is what Cal Poly will do on Saturday night. No way we will win this game by passing the ball all night. It will be 3 and out and giving back the ball to a well controlled rushing team that will wear down our defense. We do not have an Arias this season. Sanders is still developing as a QB.

my favorite thing in the world to see and do is a team in an A set and just pound the rock. OL love to run block. there were 14 BCS champions 13 of them were pro style O's, champions run the football. with that said it will never happen. this is a passing team that's what they do and that's who that are. we use the run to set up the pass only. it can still work New England uses the short passing games as a the run, we have to do what we do just do it better.

Eric- you are right - the rushing game will never happen because Kramer wants to pass. I want to see what kind of adjustments we make in this game on offense and defense.

After hearing Coach Kramer's presser yesterday there are more problems going on then we thought. Lack of heart and excitement, players forgetting equipment, and players out late getting food the night before a game. Coach Kramer brought up a good point in that in last weeks game we made a 4th down stop and no one on the sidelines even cheered or got excited. That to me shows that this years team just doesn't have the want or desire that last years team did. With all of this I don't think we will do well this weekend if this continues and we could lose another game by a big margin similar back to 2012 when we lost 70 to 14 at Cal Poly. I would hope last week was a reality check for this team and the coaches and we get the season turned around.

psk584 said:
After hearing Coach Kramer's presser yesterday there are more problems going on then we thought. Lack of heart and excitement, players forgetting equipment, and players out late getting food the night before a game. Coach Kramer brought up a good point in that in last weeks game we made a 4th down stop and no one on the sidelines even cheered or got excited. That to me shows that this years team just doesn't have the want or desire that last years team did. With all of this I don't think we will do well this weekend if this continues and we could lose another game by a big margin similar back to 2012 when we lost 70 to 14 at Cal Poly. I would hope last week was a reality check for this team and the coaches and we get the season turned around.

all true, that's why this week is so important, win and its all forgotten . I hope to be there to support but my American express needs a timeout after the last three weeks. still we have vets on this team they should be able to get the troops going.

hard to get excited when you're getting pounded week after week. Plus, I'm sure the big human has been on their a$$ big time. Intimidation is not always the best motivator.

It sounds like a program and a team that is struggling with handling success. Maybe this happens when a team gets a taste of winning games for the first time. Arrogance and overconfidence maybe? Preseason accolades and aspirations of a Big Sky Title, all based on what they did last season. One winning season (albeit a great season) does not make Idaho State a perennial winner.

I know the program is maturing and I believe in the direction it is going overall. The next two weeks are critical and will define the process of the program more than an 8-4 record a year ago did.

Both the Bengals and Mustangs have identical records going into this game at 1 - 3. Do you really think the Bengals have a chance in winning this game? I would say yes if we ran the ball 70% of the time. I know that will not happen so I am predicting the Mustangs to win by three touchdowns or more. Our defense may have a long night if they cannot stop their run game.

boisebengal said:
I'm willing to bet, though, that our o-linemen were recruited primarily to pass-block, not run-block.

I believe your quote is true. Do you like our offense? I find it boring throwing the ball most of the time especially since we have an experienced big OL and have an all-star running back in Finney. Sanders is still developing as an QB so I do not expect him to have an all-star performance against the Mustangs.

boisebengal said:
I'm willing to bet, though, that our o-linemen were recruited primarily to pass-block, not run-block.

run blocking is just being nasty, pass blocking is about communication. no Ol likes pass block. We win this game if we tackle well. we can score Cal Ploy D is nothing to write home about.

Latest posts

Back