• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

one word so far

Well, i think that TD sealed the game...but the Bengals showed a lot of heart here in the second half. The problem with transition teams is that some of the athletes they have are the D-2 type guys that get to still play because they are grandfathered in....that's how someone like ucdavis beat Stanford a few years ago.

That was pathetic..... ISU actually ended the game with a time out remaining. What a sophmore mistake by the coaching staff.

Still, good effort once again by the Bengals, they never give up.

BTW, Biobengal is available to schedule football games for the Bengals, I knew this one would be tough. Man, I miss SUU.

BTW, Biobengal is available to schedule football games for the Bengals, I knew this one would be tough. Man, I miss SUU.

How about next year? If today's paper was correct, we're returning this game to ND next year. Add an away game to Arizona State, and we're looking at 5 home vs. 6 away at best...

SLCBengal said:

How about next year? If today's paper was correct, we're returning this game to ND next year. Add an away game to Arizona State, and we're looking at 5 home vs. 6 away at best...

11 games: 8 conference, AZ ST away, UND away, Cal Poly home.

Once again, Biobengal is available to schedule games for ISU. :lol:

SactoHornetAlum said:
Well, i think that TD sealed the game...but the Bengals showed a lot of heart here in the second half. The problem with transition teams is that some of the athletes they have are the D-2 type guys that get to still play because they are grandfathered in....that's how someone like ucdavis beat Stanford a few years ago.
I can assure you that UND is not using a bunch of academically marginal players.

Embarrasing and pathetic to lose to this type of team. This may not be the game that kills the ISU football program but it sure could start us in that direction. With the economy in the tank and losses mounting with every game, who wants to continue contributing to a losling cause...who wants to pay hard earned money to see a loser team? And, will the State have better uses for it's money then throwing it at ISU and UofI athletics?

I liked the students. A lot had some bright orange t-shirts and they got into it at some points. Some of them had some good outfits!

This was a lot better than the first game last year.

My deepest fear is that the loss will scare a lot of them away again...I do NOT want that to happen. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING gets me more pumped up than a good, loud crowd.

Drop football? Uhhhh...need I remind you lagneb that in up to 1980 we had the same damn problem? Economy in the gutter, Bengals losing every season...even the AD and President back then (I believe it was Pre-Bowen era) were talking about scrapping the football program (his words: "Either we're going to have winning football or there will be some serious talk about discontinuing it).

Lo and behold...

1980: 0-12
1981: National Champs (this 1-year turnaround has NEVER been accomplished at ANY level in ANY sport in American history)

Do you know where you can find that speech? Someone needs to pull it out and use it several ISU coaches---yesterday!

isusuperfan said:
Lo and behold...

1980: 0-12
1981: National Champs (this 1-year turnaround has NEVER been accomplished at ANY level in ANY sport in American history)

It didn't happen here, either. ;)

ISU went 6-5 in 1980, then won it all in 1981 (going 12-1).

lagneb said:
Embarrasing and pathetic to lose to this type of team.

Hey guys - good game and great comeback! You almost had it and we were sweating bullets on the comeback! I'm not hanging around but just wanted to say thanks for playing us this year. The 1st transitional year really SUCKS but if you think you lost to a bunch of loser chumps and it's an embaressment to you? It's really not. (We beat Northern Iowa on their field last year as a true D2 when they were ranked #3) UND has been an upper echelon D2 team for more than a decade and have made the move the right way. You have to admit...Amos was neutralized by our center and our O-line dominated on the offensive side - opening up a running game that I think was underestimated by your coaching staff. Our QB is effecient and very smart - he made no mistakes that hurt us - and that drive that ate up most of the 4th was a killer! That being said - the fact you didn't fold up the tent and fought back like, well, TIGERS in the 3rd speaks well for your future - best of luck on the BSC season - I think you guys will suprise a couple teams! (Seriously!)

Looking forward to hosting you guys in next years POTATO BOWL at the Alerus Center! It's a tradition that started 40 years ago with you guys and we welcome you! (Come a couple days early if you can - lots of BEER and they fried up and gave away almost 5,000 pounds of french fries this year so help us set a new record next year - it's a BLAST - and we'll even kick in the ketchup for free!)

Ordinarily, you won't see me posting on here all that much, especially about football and men's basketball...I'll try to use Frank's blog page for that. But I do want to say one thing to you fans that are packing it in; if ISU had done tonight what you are doing, we would have lost the game 59-7, or worse. BUT, the Bengals didn't quit...despite the fact that they lost two starters (ET and AJ) during the game to injuries. They could have hung there heads and just plain quit (sound familiar???) after falling behind 31-7, but they didn't. They sucked it up...they reached way down inside, and they ended up with a real chance to win the game. It started out crappy...and it finished up a great game. Hey...even in wins there's plenty of things critics find to complain about. Remember...players aren't the only ones labeled quitters. Just stop and think about EVERY SINGLE GREAT COMEBACK you've ever seen in sports. Almost every single one happened because someone refused to give up when it was the darkest. People...step back and a take a look at what you're made of. Trust me...the comeback we had tonight was due in no small part to the hearty core of fans that stayed and gave the team standing ovations when it showed it wasn't ready to quit.

Whose side are you going to be on? Are you going to be a TRUE BENGAL? Quitters don't bail when a boat is sinking...they bail out. BAIL! And for those of you that hung in til the end (yes...it was bittersweet), my hat's off to you. I'm proud to even be associated with you. YOU are TRUE BENGALS!

GO BENGALS!

I agree! I'm sitting next to some fans who went to the game; they're going to the MSU game. I will be working hard to get the word out about that game...

This hearty core of fans, as VOTB pointed out, are true Bengal fans. I'm DAMN proud of them. Finally, after 3 seasons, we got a decent student section (actually, sections!).

Now, a spark needs to be lit!

I stand corrected. I found that information in the ISU Centennial Celebration book. My grandma has one. It goes through the entire history of Idaho State, from a tech school to a full university. It's great.

Some of you guys need ot positive up! Yes, we got behind early and the defense did not tackle very well. But, we did come back and the offence did play well. This team was a lot better than people think.

ISU FANS SHOULD BE DISAPPOINTED, BUT UND IS AN OUTSTANDING FOOTBALL PROGRAM. UND IS ALWAYS IN THE HUNT FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP IN DII AND THEY HAVE TONS OF TALENT. THEIR FACILITIES ARE FIRST CLASS AND THEY HAVE "PLAYERS". THEIR BIG, PHYSICAL AND ALWAYS PLAY HARD. I'M PRETTY FAMILIAR WITH THAT PROGRAM AND ISU IS NOT TO THAT CALIBER YET. THEY HAVE A "CULTURE" IN GRAND FORKS- ITS SIOUX FOOTBALL AND SIOUX HOCKEY. COACH Z IS ON HIS WAY OF CHANGING THE CULTURE IN POCATELLO, BECAUSE BELIEVE ME ITS NOT COMPARABLE, NOT EVEN CLOSE. SO ISU LOST TO UND, OH WELL, AT LEAST YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR AT NOW. IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, THE BENGALS HUNG AROUND WITH A D1 TEAM(IDAHO) AND TOOK IT TO THE WIRE WITH A 1AA TEAM. SO DON'T SELL UND SHORT, THEY COULD BE ALOT OF TEAMS IN THE D1AA LEVEL RIGHT NOW SCHOLARSHIPS OR NOT, AND COULD'VE WHEN THEY WERE DII. THIS TYPE OF GAME WILL HUMBLE THEM A LITTLE BIT, MAKE YOU WORK A LITTLE MORE AND FOCUS MORE ON THE REST OF THE SEASON.

UND was very impressive up front and played crisp football. A disappointing loss to be sure. Embarrasing clock management. But the offense certainly gave us reason for optimism. Now, about the defense. I hope AJ is not out for good. And could we please get some bump coverage on the corners.

UND92 said:
SactoHornetAlum said:
I can assure you that UND is not using a bunch of academically marginal players.

Never said they were academically marginal. What I mean is that the clock rules (eligibility) are different from D-2 to D-I. I view a transitional time as the "gray area" in a black/white model. That's all. Some programs, especially if they were really good in D-2, pull upsets (i.e. ucd over Stanford, NDSU over Minnesota, etc.).

Latest posts

Back