• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Open letter to Players/Coaches/Admn.

Bengal Roar

It's that time again and the buzz is in the air. I hope the team gets the most out of the closed pracatices that they can.

I wanted to write a few things down that I have heard out in the public and my own thoughts. The good, bad and ugly. Feel free to add anything that we can help change, tweek or do without. This can be a good thing.

1) ISU needs Southeast Idaho and we need ISU. Lets do this thing together.

2)We need team leaders, NOW! Way too passive.

3) Players, don't walk around campus and town and act like you won the National Championship, let alone the BSC championship. You didn't. Have you seen our record? Shameful. Respect is earned.

4)Trust eachother.

5) Be accountable to yourself, eachother and to the fans.

6) Practice like you play and play like you practice.

7) Be more aggressive, vocal and energetic especially on the sidelines. (remember it's not church) Fans, that includes you too.

8) Administration, please see #1 above. You need us fans. Check your ego's and attitudes at the door. Let the arrogance go. LET THE FANS KNOW THAT THEY ARE APPRECIATED AND WELCOMED. A little of this goes a long way...

9) I like what the admn. is doing with Coke and other promotions. It is long overdue and I like you thinking out of the box.

10) I can see it now, little leaguer's playing on the new field before and after the ISU game. During the ISU game, ALL the little leaguer's, mom and dad, siblings and grandparents are filling the seats. Great concept, huh! We need to fill seats.

Kramer and Co. need kudos for doing what they have done with what they have. Its like wanting a new wardrobe, instead of buying new you get to do down to the Deseret Industries or Good Will and pick out the wardrobe. Older and used, a bit tattered and worn but it still fits and you can still wear it. (nothing wrong with the DI or Good will)

Tingey and Co., ICCU, ISU credit union and others need to be commended on what we have accomplished in the past few years. I feel the future is bright and better years are on their way. GO BENGALS!

Hey Up for the challenge,

You were the one that was confused between 1-AA and Div.II talent right???? I also saw that you edited your post (5) times. Still confused?

The above post from me were some of my thoughts and others out in the community. Some of the things that were posted need to be addressed. I've heard them for years. It's a way to say lets get better as a community and University. Still confused? Don't worry, I will still be here when you are long gone as a fan. If you need any clarification feel free to ask.....

GO BENGALS!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bengal Roar,

Who told you that some of the things you mentioned or some of the things that have been mentioned in the community need to be addressed by the players ? They do not report to you or other fans in the community.

Nice Try...

You will let me know when I can post? Not only are you clueless about football, but you are a control freak. From everyone on the bengalden notupforANYchallene you can :kissass:

Bengal Roar, you're a true, loyal Bengal fan and I appreciate your support. We've all been through a lot and have had a lot of one-win seasons lately and our patience is wearing a little thin. But we've hit rock bottom and things will only get a lot better. Even this year there should be quite a bit of improvement as our defense should be much improved.

Bengal Roar,

Your subject and comments #2 and #3.

2 )We need team leaders, NOW! Way too passive.

3) Players, don't walk around campus and town and act like you won the National Championship, let alone the BSC championship. You didn't. Have you seen our record? Shameful. Respect is earned.

What makes you the coach by telling players how they should be or telling players that their record is shameful and respect is earned? Win or Lose, they are playing the game and you are just a fan viewing the game.

If you have a concern about the win-loss record or players direct you comments to Coach Kramer as he is the head coach making a paycheck and is responsible for his program.

your post a few days ago: I think Zam knew DivII. No disrespect to any of the players.

Telling players that they were D-2 talent under Coach Zamberlin is disrespectful as we still have players on this team that Coach Zamberlin recruited and signed.

We do have players on the team that were recruited by the last staff. One of them is your GIRLfriend :rofl:
Stop thinking any comment made about ISU football is about your GIRLfriend. I'm starting to think the reason you get so DEFENSIVE about D2 talent is maybe you think SHE is a D2 player. :rofl: You tell me when I can or can't post and then tell Roar he can't share his opinion. Seems a little HYPOCRITICAL! The BEST thing you can do is STOP posting. With each post you clearly make yourself seem less and less intelligent. So for your sake and everyone else who reads this message board please please :stfu:

"Tomorrow, and tomorrow and tomorrow creeps in
this petty pace from day to day to the last syllable
of recorded time....It is a tale told...full of sound
and fury, signifying nothing."

I enjoy reading other's comments on this sight and seeing new topics, such as Bengal Roar's.
But then sometimes things start falling apart and I'm reminded of Macbeth's thoughts
on the death of Lady Macbeth. To the point, the Bengals are not dead and we have everything
in the world to look forward to. We don't have to preside over the funeral.

Thanks to all Bengal Fans who help us look forward. GO BENGALS !

up for the challenge said:
Bengal Roar,

Your subject and comments #2 and #3.

2 )We need team leaders, NOW! Way too passive.

What makes you the coach by telling players how they should be or telling players that their record is shameful and respect is earned? Win or Lose, they are playing the game and you are just a fan viewing the game.

If you have a concern about the win-loss record or players direct you comments to Coach Kramer as he is the head coach making a paycheck and is responsible for his program.

your post a few days ago: I think Zam knew DivII. No disrespect to any of the players.

Telling players that they were D-2 talent under Coach Zamberlin is disrespectful as we still have players on this team that Coach Zamberlin recruited and signed.
I did say to you up for the challenge, if you needed clarification then ask..... As to item 2) On Sundays I go to church. I don't go to Church on Saturdays inside the dome when the Bengals are playing. When my 17 year old nephew even asks," why are they standing on the sidelines with no emotions?" It's hard to answer. Hence my comment on where is the leadership? Where is the agressive attitude? I included the fans on this particular topic as well. It feels like church sometimes. Don't worry, the fans were included in this so that no one gets their feelers hurt.

As to item 3) Maybe you are OK with 1 win records? I am not. It is embarrassing to be honest with you. I am sure most of the players are and coaches are embarrassed as well. You win more, you gain more respect, you gain more loyal fans, you get people to buy into what you have to offer. Plain and simple in College football, thats how it is. Does it mean that we don't like our players and team? No

Did I say all players were DivII talent? Nope. Do (some) players need to walk around like they have won the national championship? I don't believe so but if they do, it shows me and others that much more about them.

You see Up for the Challenge, it's a group effort. The University, Players/Coaches and fans to make this happen. Just like bill_idaflls said, we are not dead. We are in much better shape with K than we have been in many years.

Now I am done. In the future I will not try to clarify anything else. It's a waste of time for me.

GO BENGALS!

#2) Leadership does not mean a player has to show emotions on the sidelines or on the playing field. Some players play with emotion and other players do not play with emotions. Every player has their own style of displaying leadership.

#3) Loyal fans support their team win or lose. Montana did not have a great season last season but their fans continued to sell out their stadium when they were losing and continued to fill up the buses for away games. Like Kramer said, we will win when we are good enough to win.

you did say that Zamberlin knew Div2 talent. No disrespect to any of his players.

I know you are a loyal fan and want to see the team win but the reality is we our ranked 13th in the BSC going into the season. We are still rebuilding and it may take another year or two before we have a winning season. Like votb mentioned, this is a construction project in process by Kramer.

Everybody on this board has their own opinions about the program. Bottom line, it is Kramer program and he will take the responsibility for his players, assistant coaches, and the season win or lose.

up for the challenge said:
#2) Leadership does not mean a player has to show emotions on the sidelines or on the playing field. Some players play with emotion and other players do not play with emotions. Every player has their own style of displaying leadership. It is hard to show emotion when you are getting your ass handed to you week in and week out.

#3) Loyal fans support their team win or lose. Montana did not have a great season last season but their fans continued to sell out their stadium when they were losing and continued to fill up the buses for away games. Like Kramer said, we will win when we are good enough to win. I use to thing that loyal fans were suppose to support the team win or lose. I don't believe that anymore--when you pay for a ticket you support the team the way you choose. Montana has a history of winning--the games were sold out or close to sellouts prior to the season beginning. Winning and tradition will keep fans on board for hiccups. I agree ISU will win when they are good enough to win. If they are good enough to win four games this season, I would be very pleased.

you did say that Zamberlin knew Div2 talent. No disrespect to any of his players. Zamberlin lost to a Division II program at home--Central Washington. It is widely known that he brought kids he was recruiting to Central Washington to ISU when he got the job at ISU. Of course losing makes you fall back on players that may not be able to play at this level--because it is a challenge to get top flight kids to come to losing programs. Recruiting is not an exact science...if you are right 50% of the time you will be successful. Kramer has brought some Division II talent in as well as manifested by the kids who were encouraged to leave the program after spring practice.

I know you are a loyal fan and want to see the team win but the reality is we our ranked 13th in the BSC going into the season. We are still rebuilding and it may take another year or two before we have a winning season. Like votb mentioned, this is a construction project in process by Kramer. Of course this is a work in progress but fans want to see there team win every year. And every single year this board tries to show optimism. That is what fans do.

Everybody on this board has their own opinions about the program. Bottom line, it is Kramer program and he will take the responsibility for his players, assistant coaches, and the season win or lose.
Bottom line...the vast majority of the people that post on this board are great fans with good intentions. I believe the program belongs to anyone that buys a ticket and anyone that has the desire to follow the program with a hopeful eye. Kramer is responsible...but so is the community and so is the administration. Its going to take a helluva lot to keep getting things turned around. A culture of losing has made it that way.

Do not worry. Kramer did the right thing by signing JC players and step down players during the off-season as he knows he has to start winning some games in the BSC this season. These players will help the program this season. :thumb:

I agree, and said this should be done a long time ago when we first talked about Kramer's recruiting process. It took some time, but he finally realized that it was the best move, almost imperative.

Latest posts

Back