• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Oregon State

bigskyconf

Late addition to the schedule has the Viks going to Corvallis to play the Beavers on Tuesday. Game time at 5pm they are saying. Game will be on the Pac-12 Network and I believe Mike Parker will have the action on 620am on the radio in the Portland area.

Writeup on the matchup from Oregon State. Note, they like Peery's hair.

https://www.buildingthedam.com/2020/12/21/22192916/oregon-state-basketball-opponent-preview-portland-state-vikings-game-7

Game is actually on 1190 KEX in the Portland area. 620 is playing Talkin' Ducks (I'm sure Beaver fans will enjoy that :D )

Portland State had a great 2nd half, unfortunately, a just terrible "moving screen" call against the Viks ruined their chance at a big upset. This team is only going to get better! Dawson is looking very good as a true Freshman. The talent level is alleviated and there's just more depth than from previous years. Go Viks!!!

forestgreen said:
Portland State had a great 2nd half, unfortunately, a just terrible "moving screen" call against the Viks ruined their chance at a big upset. This team is only going to get better! Dawson is looking very good as a true Freshman. The talent level is alleviated and there's just more depth than from previous years. Go Viks!!!

I had Christmas shopping to do, but I listened to the radio call. Imagine how good we could be when we finally put together a complete game. Even our win against Weber, we had a seven minute stretch where we almost gave it away. Hopefully, this game is an indicator of things to come (the second half anyway). I'm quite impressed with the Dawson kid as well.

You could argue that had we played the first half like we did in the second half, the moving screen wouldn't have mattered. :| That first half was terrible.

Listening to the radio, I think Mike Parker is a closeted Vik fan. I learned a lot about the program (has Mike Lund really been with the program for 32 years? :D ). I actually enjoyed listening to him.

Latest posts

Back