• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Peoples Suspended...

PBP

Some unfortunate news

Here is the official release:

"POCATELLO, Idaho- Idaho State defensive lineman JonRhyeem Peoples has been suspended indefinitely from the football team for a violation of the Idaho State University Athletic Department Code of Conduct policy.

The athletic department will have no further comment."

PBP

PBP said:
Some unfortunate news

Here is the official release:

"POCATELLO, Idaho- Idaho State defensive lineman JonRhyeem Peoples has been suspended indefinitely from the football team for a violation of the Idaho State University Athletic Department Code of Conduct policy.

The athletic department will have no further comment."

PBP
Bummer deal man. He's a big body and had a lot of promise. But we don't want bad seeds, so it is what it is. A scholarship is to help you get an education and be a better man and poductive citizen.
Sounds like he took the low road. I hope it wakes him up and he can make better choices. Best of luck JonRyeem. Do better tomorrow man... :(

That is not good news as he worked hard to become academically eligible. Depending on the violation there is always a chance he will be playing this upcoming season.

I have a source that saw this coming a long time ago, it's too bad the coaches were let down by this kids actions. I think we all had high hopes for him. Hope he gets his life in order before he doesn't have help.

I get why Kramer is buttoned up so tight now. These kinds of problems seem to follow him.

I'm curious if he has always had his assistant coaches in disarray like the last two years?

It's obvious that Peoples won't be playing for us this fall. But even though quality defensive tackles are harder to find, at least we have a little time to try to find a JC or Division 1A transfer to fulfill that role before next week's signing date.

I believe ISU has to pay for his scholarship during the Spring semester if he is enrolled as a student at ISU. If that is true no scholarship would open up until the Fall semester.

I would think that he is eligible to transfer to another Big Sky team without penalty If he wanted to continue playing football as the news flash said it was just a team violation and not an NCAA violation.

What a waste of talent. He and he alone has made a bad decision (allegedly). I'd find it hard to believe another school will take a chance on him.

http://www.prpreps.com/football/jonryheem-peoples-charged-with-marijuana-distribution/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Justice is supposed to be blind. How does he get a Notice to Appear on TWO FELONY CHARGES? What is the usual BAIL for such a charge? My guess is it would be in the $50,000-$100,000 range. Your average Pokey resident would be sitting in jail until he could afford $5-10K to pay a bondsman to get out. This favoritism needs to be investigated.

The judge sets bail but usually goes along with what the prosecutor requests. The jail is full. No room at the inn. And bond on a charge like this is usually anywhere from $7,500 to $25,000 in my experience. Prior record, appearance history and other like factors go into setting bond. The purpose of bond is to insure that the defendant appears when ordered to do so, not to punish. Peoples hasn't been given any special treatment and if he is convicted he will be sentenced as all such persons similarly situated are.

pocatato said:
The judge sets bail but usually goes along with what the prosecutor requests. The jail is full. No room at the inn. And bond on a charge like this is usually anywhere from $7,500 to $25,000 in my experience. Prior record, appearance history and other like factors go into setting bond. The purpose of bond is to insure that the defendant appears when ordered to do so, not to punish. Peoples hasn't been given any special treatment and if he is convicted he will be sentenced as all such persons similarly situated are.

Thanks, Judge!

My point is that delivery of drugs, if a felony, requires more that a notice of your court date, and I'd course we trust that you'll show up. I'd like to know how many are in the Pokey Pokey for perhaps the very same thing, only they weren't given a wink and a nod, but had to post bond which they could not afford. So, in jail they sit. Bannock County Jail must be full of some very dangerous people, if they are full and nearby jails have room. Crime central SE Idaho. Something is very wrong in Pocatello/Bannock County.

otis campbell said:
My point is that delivery of drugs, if a felony, requires more that a notice of your court date, and I'd course we trust that you'll show up. I'd like to know how many are in the Pokey Pokey for perhaps the very same thing, only they weren't given a wink and a nod, but had to post bond which they could not afford. So, in jail they sit. Bannock County Jail must be full of some very dangerous people, if they are full and nearby jails have room. Crime central SE Idaho. Something is very wrong in Pocatello/Bannock County.

I don't know if you've been following the local news, Otis, but Bannock County Sheriff Loren Nielsen has asked local law enforcement to be more judicious about who they arrest because the local jail is so full. There is an election scheduled this year on funding a jail expansion, and some days the jail is so full, they are sending prisoners to other counties. As Judge Pocatato points out, the purpose of bail is assure the defendant shows up for trial. Do you a consider an ISU student from Rigby, who is charged with selling pot, a high flight risk? I wouldn't, and apparently the judge doesn't either. I highly doubt the fact that Peoples is (now was) an ISU football player had anything to with his receiving a notice to appear.

Skippy, you make good sense, but unless the law enforcement and JUDGES get their act together, nothing can change. In fact, it is probably due to this milking of the cash cows, and economics of keeping a full jail that this has become a problem, unless Bannock County is a real hotbed of crime, which I know it isn't having lived there since the millennium. What galls me is the apparent uneven handed treatment of one person over another. One could go through the list of those awaiting trial and spring any who are a low flight risk, if that is the New threshold. Judges got the county into this corner, now it's time they provide the solution. You don't require bond for A then not require it of B. Equal justice under law. As for space, there is an entire jail sitting empty in Hardin, MT which could take as many as can be sent. You don't write a ticket for felony charges.

otis campbell said:
Skippy, you make good sense, but unless the law enforcement and JUDGES get their act together, nothing can change. In fact, it is probably due to this milking of the cash cows, and economics of keeping a full jail that this has become a problem, unless Bannock County is a real hotbed of crime, which I know it isn't having lived there since the millennium. What galls me is the apparent uneven handed treatment of one person over another. One could go through the list of those awaiting trial and spring any who are a low flight risk, if that is the New threshold. Judges got the county into this corner, now it's time they provide the solution. You don't require bond for A then not require it of B. Equal justice under law. As for space, there is an entire jail sitting empty in Hardin, MT which could take as many as can be sent. You don't write a ticket for felony charges.
I can't argue the fairness of Peoples' situation vs other similar offenders because I simply don't have any data, one way or another. But Pocatato is a judge who deals with these issues on a daily basis, and I believe him when he says this is rather standard procedure. Just FYI there is a story on the front page of The Journal today talking about over-crowding issues with the Bannock County jail. Rather ironic timing given this discussion.

Stupid decision... but not going to act all holier-than-thou. Right of wrong, there are states in American where this kid would be seen as an entrepreneur.

I guess if a player is charged with a felony than that player automatically violated the Athletic Code of Conduct Policy therefore no longer on the team and his or her athletic scholarship is pulled at the time of the charge. What happens if the felony charge is thrown out or lowered to a lesser charge? Would the player be able to return to the team and would his or her scholarship be renewed? I am guessing that would be up to the Athletic Department and the Head Coach as scholarships are only renewed on a year to year basis.

Maybe or Maybe not. That scholarship could be awarded to a walk-on, a high school qualifier, a JUCO transfer qualifier, or a step down player. We will know later if the charge is dropped.

Latest posts

Back