• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Peoples Suspended...

I seriously doubt the charges will be reduced or dropped. He sold to an undercover cop...on video, then reportedly denied it when he was called in. :(

Thanks votb. Had not seen that angle. The lingering questions are, 1) why the 8+ month delay between act and charge, and 2) if he sold drugs, to a undercover cop no less, how does he get a ticket, notice to appear, summons, or whatever it is called, and not get booked into jail, fingerprinted, photographed, and bond placed as a condition of his release? Good 'ol boy from Rigby won't run off, right? A DUI will get you all of the above, but dealing marijuana gets you the equivalent of driving 75 mph on the Interstate as it passes by ISU, a ticket. This' no room at the jail' line is convenient, but a load of crap. If he can't meet the customary bond(like everyone else would have to post), then off to A jail, near or far, that has room.
I know of a drug case, not near Pokey, where they had a air tight case and rolled this person with a agreement on a very light sentence in exchange for 'cooperation' with other cases. This person wore a wire many times, recording every word, which was used in many other cases. Took many months, and many people ended up in jail. The wire wearer didn't serve a day, pleaded guilty to various felonies, and got probation for a very long time. Don't know what made me think of that. :roll: :sarcasm:

If he sold to the undercover cop than an exchange would had to taken place - money for product. If so, why didn't the police arrest him at the time of the exchange and book him?

I can't speak to any pending or impending case so take this as a lesson on police procedure. Simply stated, cops are not stupid. They watch and listen. They learn fast. As to the rest of the story once you have read the papers, remember this quote. "You know nothing, John Snow." I will say no more.

Thank you, pocatato, or is it Ygritte. And, the name is Jon(had to look up your reference, sorry). :thumb: This case would not have been much noted, except for the ISU football connection. When it is said that 1 + 1= 3, even the sheeple want an explanation. Conjecture is a way of trying to explain the unexplainable. I'm more Clouseau than Columbo. :notworthy:

It's a start, votb. What remains unanswered is why the eight and a half month period between the transaction and charges being filed, and why Peoples wasn't arrested, booked, photographed, fingerprinted, and bonded for these FELONY charges. Petty theft, DUI, contempt, urinating in public, or driving 105 mph on a rural Interstate Highway(all misdemeanors) will get you a room at the inn until you post bond. Pocatello Police and the Prosecutors Office have a lot to explain on this one, starting Thursday.
Ironic how my avatar fits into the subject matter. I forgot to include public intoxication in my list of misdemeanors.
FWIW, I support legalizing marijuana(a further irony).

otis campbell said:
It's a start, votb. What remains unanswered is why the eight and a half month period between the transaction and charges being filed, and why Peoples wasn't arrested, booked, photographed, fingerprinted, and bonded for these FELONY charges. Petty theft, DUI, contempt, urinating in public, or driving 105 mph on a rural Interstate Highway(all misdemeanors) will get you a room at the inn until you post bond. Pocatello Police and the Prosecutors Office have a lot to explain on this one, starting Thursday.
Ironic how my avatar fits into the subject matter. I forgot to include public intoxication in my list of misdemeanors.
FWIW, I support legalizing marijuana(a further irony).
Otis, it's the new way of doing things in town with the new prosecutor. He feels it's cheaper to summons than to arrest. I have a brother-in-law (sad situation with drug addiction) who was recently on the news after being caught on camera stealing money and prescription drugs in a home break in. This happened last summer! ...He finally had court (after receiving a summons) the end of December. He was not and still has not been arrested for the theft being that he pled not guilty and was given a later next court date. It made the news after that court date because the nice people who's home he broke into released their recording of the home break in to the news and wanted answers as to why he hadn't been arrested...EVER.
Next topic, I understand that the 8 month time line was because they were following a trail of drug distribution to do a larger scale bust, and get larger criminals. Then served everyone involved at the same time as to catch all of them.
Next topic.....next topic :coffee: .

Thank you, BengalBannMan, for straight foreward answers to questions I and others have had since this story broke. :thumb: The ISJ should have hired YOU instead of the high school quality cub 'reporter' currently covering this story. No wonder the ISJ is a breeze away from folding. It won't take long for those IN JAIL to notice who is NOT IN JAIL and draw their own conclusions about why. Bannock County needs a new Prosecutor.

Bannock county does need a new prosecutor. I have a few family members in prosecution roles in the smaller counties outside of pocatello and they agree. I also have one brother who is with the sheriff's department; also agrees.
Go Bengals!
Benny for Prosecutor

It's good to know some things don't change. Thursday's court appearance reported in Sunday's paper. I've said for a long time that the news reported in the ISJ is three days old. :lol: :rofl:

Good question. Makes me wonder why no one can, or will, answer. Third times the charm! Journalism must be non-existent in SE Idaho. Peoples being a ISU football player makes this regional news, at the least. How many newspapers, TV and radio stations in the area? The only thing keeping the subject alive seems to be this thread. Is everything as it appears to be, as it has been stated by the Prosecutor's Office? As said in" The Wizard of Oz," 'Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.'

Otis:

I strongly suspect that frankly interest in this story is basically zero in the Salt Lake or Boise area. So I'm not sure what 'regional' media outlets you are referring to.

Even in I.F. ISU coverage has basically been slim and none over the past few years. When I did some work for the Post Register I was told they took surveys that stated their readers were far more interested in high school sports and in BYU for example.

PBP

So, does anyone know if he is a full time student at ISU this semester? If so, I would assume he is on full scholarship this semester as he completed his football requirements in 2015. I understand he is not allowed to participate in ISU football as of today due to an ISU Code of Conduct Policy violation.

PBP said:
I strongly suspect that frankly interest in this story is basically zero in the Salt Lake or Boise area. So I'm not sure what 'regional' media outlets you are referring to.
Thanks for your input, PBP, helps to see the whole situation from another perspective. By regional, when referring to ISU football, I refer to Idaho east of Burley. Other than the ISJ, the Post-Register would be the only viable printed entity, especially since Peoples is from Rigby. The TV stations in IF and Pokey should be covering these events, as well a talk radio. The question has been asked on this site, now FOUR TIMES, whether Peoples is still a full time student, which realistically reflects on the advisability of the no arrest/booking/bond decision of the Prosecuting Attorney, as well as the decisions of the PPD and Judge. It is the legal system in Bannock County which is really in question, not some young adult selling(supposedly)small amounts marijuana. As this is just a chat site, expecting a response is wishful thinking, but good questions have been raised. The legal process is slow, so be it. But the reporting has been abysmal to this point.

Otis:

One other point. I don't think there are any 'local' sports talk shows on the radio in this area.

PBP

In an unrelated incident Sunday(Feb. 28), two men were charged with possession of methamphetamine.

William Peter Coziah, 18, of Pocatello, is charged with possession of a controlled substance — meth — and Jordan Bart McIntire, also 18 and from Pocatello, is charged with possession and manufacturing with the intent to deliver meth.

A preliminary hearing for both men is set for March 14 and both men remain incarcerated at the Bannock County Jail.

Equal justice, under law. Guess they though a methhead might not return for court appearances. Probably right, but...

I would say making meth is worse than selling pot. AND, Otis, my drugie brother is still free waiting his next trial for his drugs and thefts. (Dome on camera). The procecutor is a joke here.

Latest posts

Back