• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Pivotal Week In ISU Women's Basketball

PBP

Three games on the road in six days capping a stretch of six of seven on the road (five of those conference road games) the last 30 days and 11 of 17 on the road to start the season.

Weber State has lost 33 in a row overall, 22 straight in conference...they haven't won a game since mid December 2011.

Yet they always play ISU tough in Ogden. A few years ago they beat ISU in overtime when the Bengals had a very bad shooting night, last year it took a miracle finish (and a ref call that is rarely made) to escape with a 54-52 win.

Sacramento State hasn't lost at home this year and is still doing the "run and gun" shoot till your arm falls off philosophy. They have some talent and have only beaten ISU twice in history. Both of their wins came in Sacramento.

Northern Arizona has actually won a few games this season and I've been told they actually like the new head coach. They also have Amy Patton, leading the Big Sky in scoring and a tremendous talent.

This is going to be a pivotal week in my opinion. Play well, get some wins and you are right back in the thick of it with the conference leaders coming to Pocatello to play you in an arena where ISU has won 40 of the last 47 games. Don't play well and things will be very, very difficult the rest of the way.

The Big Sky Conference is loaded this year about as well as I can ever remember seeing it for women's basketball since the mid 90's.

Keep your fingers crossed, break out the 'lucky charms' (I don't mean the cereal) and think good thoughts for the Bengals especially this week.

PBP

Another tremendous effort by the ISU women handing Sac. State their first home loss of the year.

Reed and Oakes got it done in the first half, Horton and Vella in the second half.

Held Sac. State to 19 points below their scoring average.

Amazing job ladies.

They go for the sweep this week on the road at NAU Saturday night.

NAU has, I believe, won three straight Big Sky games.

This would be a huge win putting them in position to take on Montana and Montana State (the leaders right now) next week at home where they have won 40 of 47 games.

Get er' done Saturday ladies!

PBP

Latest posts

Back