• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Poll: How long?

How long will it take for the department to let us know what they plan to do with the $11mil?

• I am expecting it any day now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Before the end of June

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Before school starts in August

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Before the end of football season

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

gobears

How long will it take the athletic department to release news about the $11 million that they got from the state, and what they plan to do with it?

I voted never but from what the tribune said it sounded like it was just for things like the A/C system so I'm guessing it will be things like plumbing, heating, vents, etc. So in other words things so boring there really is no reason to report it. Although it would be nice to know what is going on, one can dream right? :lol: :( :x

I think the trib is a little off base with saying it is for AC. $11 millon would buy new AC systems for the whole campus. From what I read from the legislature, it is slated for renovaton.

Ursa, the athletic department is trying to fill almost every position on a semi regular basis. :roll: I wonder if anyone who has been hired during the JH era has lasted more than 2 years?

Here is a press release from the UNIVERSITY about the money and what it will be used for. Still nothing from the athletic department.

$%*&$!! how #*$@ing hard is it to post a link to this press release on the athletic website. You dont even have to write the #$&@*$ ing thing!! :evil: :evil:

http://www.unco.edu/news/releases.asp?ID=589

From the release:
"A campaign is now under way to raise an additional $7.5 million in private funds for the multi-use athletic training facility identified in UNC’s 2006 Athletic Facilities Master Plan. The facility would house athletic training and strength and conditioning activities as well as UNC’s Athletic Hall of Fame in Butler-Hancock."

It must be a secret campaign, becaue we sure as $&#!* have not hear anything about it!

Oooh :shock: ! they have an Athletic Facilites Master Plan!?!? Maybe that is something that you know donors and alumni might like to hear about, and maybe make a donation towards making that happen!?!? :roll:

JAY! You work in a place where you need the support of the PUBLIC as in ALUMNI and FANS. A very good way to get it is to provide them with INFORMATION about what is going on, especialy since there is a bit of low morale about the program! The PUBLIC should not have become detictives to find out about the GOOD THINGS happening in the department, you should be eger to TELL US!
<Rant Off>

I'd have to say from what it sounds like they are waiting to raise those private funds to cover the athletic training part of the project and until that is done they wouldn't really want to annouce anything although it might help fund raising if they annouced the plan like Montana State did so it's a chiken/egg scenario.

Go Bears - you'll love this!!

The Weber State athletic department has clearly lost their minds. They are actually reaching out to alumni and asking them how to improve the gameday experience!! :shock: :shock:
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=weber-seeking-fan-feedback-on-wildcat-sp&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

:lol: I'm sure we'll be getting a similar survey here along with the press release on the facility master plan, the media guides, and the 2008 spring roster! :evil:

uncfootballrules said:
Go Bears - you'll love this!!

The Weber State athletic department has clearly lost their minds. They are actually reaching out to alumni and asking them how to improve the gameday experience!! :shock: :shock:
http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=weber-seeking-fan-feedback-on-wildcat-sp&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Indeed they have lost their minds. This is clearly not the way to run a division 1 program. Reaching out to alumni...seriously who does that??

No, no, no my friends, the way you run a division 1 program is to shut out alumni, donors, fans and anyone else who is or ever was a supporter of the program. Fire a popular coach(es), dissolve the fundraising group (only to reinstate it later), remove links for fan websites from the "official" site, refuse to issue press passes to a fan photography site (which has been around for years) forcing it to shut down, fire staff members because ... well because you can, don't bother to tell people about upgrades to the football stadium and locker rooms or the new court surface in BH, or the fact that you just got $14 million to do more, engage in a secret facilities master plan and capital campaign and don’t bother keeping the one public communications source up to date with rosters and other info.

That my friends is how you run a division 1 program. How could we ever doubt Jay and his genius plan for the Bears. It is way better that those slackers at all the other schools in the conference.

Seriously WSU you are bringing the whole conference down a notch with your "outreach" and you should be ashamed. You are a division 1 program and should be aloof and inaccessible. SHAME!

:D

PS if anyone is wondering that sentence is 112 words...periods are for sissies. :D

That was a really good summary of the frustration a lot of us feel. I even forgot about a couple of those things, the removal of links, etc. That's a slap in the face right there. :?

Does UNC even have an idea for a floor plan? I would love to see UNC put together a website similar to the one that CSU has. Being a new Alumni, I would like to see what they are going to be solicting funds from me for.

Ursa Major said:
Does UNC even have an idea for a floor plan? I would love to see UNC put together a website similar to the one that CSU has. Being a new Alumni, I would like to see what they are going to be solicting funds from me for.

Hey me too! Gee I wonder if any other alums would like to see that too... :roll:

Latest posts

Back