• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Poll: Joining the Hornet Collective?

Do you plan to join the Hornet Collective?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

SDHornet

Staff member
With the recent creation of the Hornet Collective, there is now a formal NIL pathway for Hornet athletes in addition to the Hornet Exchange which is geared more towards business opportunities.

Hornet Collective Link

Hornet Exchange Link

My opinion is that it is good that these avenues exist for those that want to throw money at these athletes as college athletics is trending (and has been for many years now) towards pay for play. I'm curious to see if there will be a significant number of Hornet alums/fans that will give our programs any competitive edge in this aspect of college athletics.

With the recent creation of the Hornet Collective, there is now a formal NIL pathway for Hornet athletes in addition to the Hornet Exchange which is geared more towards business opportunities.

Hornet Collective Link

Hornet Exchange Link

My opinion is that it is good that these avenues exist for those that want to throw money at these athletes as college athletics is trending (and has been for many years now) towards pay for play. I'm curious to see if there will be a significant number of Hornet alums/fans that will give our programs any competitive edge in this aspect of college athletics.
Yes, as soon as I see a formal plan for facility upgrades.

Yes, as soon as I see a formal plan for facility upgrades.
Has anybody dropped by the Stadium or the Well to see if any of the upgrades that Dr. Wood talked about at homecoming are happening? I will try to swing by this week and take a look.

Not too surprised by most of the responses but I think you should consider changing the title of this thread to "Excuses for not contributing to the Hornet Collective".
Fair enough.

But - I’m in Block S, I have 4 season tickets, I make the 90 minute drive to almost every game from the Bay Area with the wife (also Block S) and kids. We stay at the Larkspur Landing some games, I eat at sponsor restaurants, take my kids to the Union and pay for a show at the planetarium, we buy gear on campus…. I just can’t take the next step until I see reciprocity.

I’m not a big fish - but I’m the base this university needs to take next steps. I talk to the school before give sac state with my concerns. I’ve talked with Orr, Dr. Nelson and now Dr. Wood. It feels like there’s smoke, but I want to see a fire.

🤷🤞🏻

Interesting comments. I voted maybe. I'd certainly pay for some man cave items with star player signatures with cash money. Not sure how the whole Collective works, but I'd be hesitant to give money to a 3rd party in hopes that it gets into the star players hands.

I've stated this in other threads but with the exception of season tickets to deserving athletic programs, I'm done giving money to the University. The only thing I would contribute to is a formal capital improvement program/fund raising effort for athletic facilities.

Exactly. That has been my approach from jump. No reason for negative feelings regarding the lack of performance of Nelson, Orr or Wood should keep people from supporting players directly if the collective doesn't feel right.

Latest posts

Back