• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Post Register at it again

sasquatch

Gotta love the Post Register. They never give any coverage of ISU. It's usually all devoted to BYU and other Utah schools, sometimes BSU. Now when there's a negative story coming out of Pocatello, they devote most of their space to it. Picked up a copy today to see a column, which actually makes some good points, about how Tingey should own the problem. They also wrote an original piece (that's important to say, because most of their paper is full of AP stories) about some local recruits having second thoughts after seeing the shove.

http://digital.postregister.com/dnews/today/B1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course they are....I wouldn't expect a kind word from the Post Register, it's one of the recurring issues of this board. Yet, while the PR typically posts only negative stories about ISU, in this area they' are 100% correct. Still nothing from ISU or Kramer and now recruits are talking. IMO, Tingey is a freakin' amateur.

Today's Post-Register had a front page column by Paul Lambert on the Kramer/Graves/Tingey situation. Can't say I disagree with it. What's the deal on referring to Kramer as "Bluto"? Nickname or a slam on Kramer?

Other front page article had interviews with mothers of recruits from Madison and Shelley and whether they'd let their kids play for Kramer.

Then, can you believe it?! There was even coverage of the UNC game itself!

I'd cancel that rag but I'd really miss the weekly coupons. :rofl:

I have always had a love/hATE relationship with PR! I found it really interesting that Lambert would compare the little push from Kramer to the Penn State scandel? Ouch That really made me sick.....Ya I know he was trying to be funny and make light of the lack of communication from Tingey and the college....I have two words to say about the comparison~NOT FUNNY! Kramer and ISU will really be open to communications in the future! HAHA! As for Mylikme's story about other local recruits, I believe that as a parent I would applaud a coach that teaches accountibility! Michy (PR story teller) only brought up the mothers in his story, I wrote him and asked for the fathers opinion! No answer! My wife and I actually took different sides on the pushing....UNTIL she heard the whole story. You see the press (PR) just wants you to know the bad, they think it sells papers! I was really disappointed! so disappointed that if I had a subscription to the PR I would of canceled it! HAHA!

PR had a reporter at the press conference Tuesday. He seemed like a nice guy (his first name was Mike) but he did push Kramer pretty hard during the interview session wanting to know Mike's birthday and such (wasn't sure why he wanted that...) Let's just say the relationship during the press conference between the two was 'frosty...'

PBP

I've been hanging back in commenting about the PR's Sunday Commentary by Paul Lambert, because I wrote a letter to the editor on Tuesday. As of this morning, it has not been published. Still, other articles appear on the editorial page, even today, concerning the actions of Tingey and Kramer. Today, they were objects of the Jeers Column.

The Lambert column on last Sunday referred to Coach Kramer at least seven times as "Bluto". I found that consistent referrence to the Coach to be offensive and it was the object of my letter. Once can be considered amusing, but six referrences after that degenerates into name-calling. That consisent referrence to him as Bluto reduced him to a one-dimensional cartoon character. My point to the paper was this: they should not counsel their readers about the evils of physical abuse and do it through use of verbal abuse. Neither physical abuse nor verbal abuse promotes the dignity of the individual, and neither one encourages an atmosphere of mutual respect. I do not condone physical abuse, but I find it hard to stand on the sidelines when someone is abused verbally. That has been my belief based on 25 years of classroom teaching.

To date: my letter to the Post Register has not been printed.

I was surprised at Paul's column on a number of fronts. First I knew Paul way back when, we both wrote for the ill fated Idaho Falls Free Press and I helped him out at the PR for about a month in April 2002 when he was the only person remaining in the sports staff. I didn't even know he was back working for the PR or was back in the area since his original parting over his BYU column and comments at a golf outing.

Second, I also was surprised at the "Bluto" reference. Paul's a good writer, really good, I could see him using it once, but several times took away from the point he was trying to make in my opinion.

PBP

That was one of the points of my post above. I wasn't sure if Kramer actually had the nickname "Bluto" or if Lambert was just engaged in blatant name calling.
The "coverage" of ISU football this past week and a half in the Post-Register has been more than ever gets alloted to Bengal athletics - only because of a controversial negative story.
Maybe they let Lambert write his column if he also delivered the paper on a route in Ammon!

None:

The lack of coverage given to ISU by the PR is pretty long standing. I know I was told they did surveys of their readers at one point in 2002 and ISU ranked very, very low in the interest level from that area.

I was surprised since we are only talking about 45-50 miles, not that great of a distance.

PBP

Latest posts

Back