• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Predict the record

BengalBannMan said:
Preseason and media polls don't mean anything. I wonder who (in the media and preseason) knew that Portland would beat Washington State, and Southern Utah would win it all... but UFTC, I think maybe Franko put it as a level lll because it's in a dome and we practice in a dome... idk. Lol just a guess as to his thought.

You are right BengalBannMan as pre-season polls will change for teams depending on win-loss records during the season What teams do you see us winning against this season? For me, I have a win against Sacramento State as we play them at Holt Arena and they are currently ranked behind us. We play the Hornets in our first game so the odds are better for us to win that game. The other games, well, we will be considered the underdog unless we show in previous games that we are better than expected or win games.

Well... hmm. I guess the way I look at it, (admittedly I do not know as much detail about other teams then some of you, but I do know some) is that I feel we are a much better team this year then we were last year. Our defense has some very key players back, and our offense has a QB that has been here learning ISU football for 3 years. That's now equal to the time as Justin Arias. Running more, and slowing down a bit is going to help keep the defense more fresh in addition to just being a better defense than last year. We're deep at running back, and solid in the middle with receivers (Josh Cook, KW, etc) I think we will have some surprise skill at outside WR, X with Pat Carter, and Hagen Graves plus a few more. There's so much more to mention, but the short is I feel were better then last year. Now, that takes me to everyone else. Other than NAU, I don't really feel anyone else has grown a ton. So considering my opinion (just an opinion) that we have improved a decent amount, then we are making headway in the Win column. The main reason why, is last year (as bad as only one conference win is) we had #5 in the nation EWU right where we wanted them, until Kramer I think gave into peer pressure and tried to have a 2 minute offense just before half and tried to score and push a dagger instead of taking a knee and going into the locker room at half sitting pretty. Then EWU scored on us instead. The point being, we can play with those guys. We played them pretty well even so. We played EWU REALLY well in 2014 away as well. Next, we as a "bad" team last year all but beat Montana. (We all know that lose too well) the point being, we played two top teir teams pretty well last year, and we're much better this year. And we did beat North Dakota. I feel they are much the same teams in skill level then they were last year. You can say the same with Portland.
So, I say we beat SFU, Sac States, North Dakota, SUU, Weber, then we steal one of the NAU, EWU, Montana, or Portland. I don't know what one, but we will take one of those wins.
I know it sounds hopeful UFTC, but it makes sense on some small level. I think you're right about winning that first Sac State game, and then we need to use that as momentum into Portland. If we can steal that one on the road, then we are primed to have a GREAT season EVEN with a tough schedule.

BengalBannMan said:
Well... hmm. I guess the way I look at it, (admittedly I do not know as much detail about other teams then some of you, but I do know some) is that I feel we are a much better team this year then we were last year. Our defense has some very key players back, and our offense has a QB that has been here learning ISU football for 3 years. That's now equal to the time as Justin Arias. Running more, and slowing down a bit is going to help keep the defense more fresh in addition to just being a better defense than last year. We're deep at running back, and solid in the middle with receivers (Josh Cook, KW, etc) I think we will have some surprise skill at outside WR, X with Pat Carter, and Hagen Graves plus a few more. There's so much more to mention, but the short is I feel were better then last year. Now, that takes me to everyone else. Other than NAU, I don't really feel anyone else has grown a ton. So considering my opinion (just an opinion) that we have improved a decent amount, then we are making headway in the Win column. The main reason why, is last year (as bad as only one conference win is) we had #5 in the nation EWU right where we wanted them, until Kramer I think gave into peer pressure and tried to have a 2 minute offense just before half and tried to score and push a dagger instead of taking a knee and going into the locker room at half sitting pretty. Then EWU scored on us instead. The point being, we can play with those guys. We played them pretty well even so. We played EWU REALLY well in 2014 away as well. Next, we as a "bad" team last year all but beat Montana. (We all know that lose too well) the point being, we played two top teir teams pretty well last year, and we're much better this year. And we did beat North Dakota. I feel they are much the same teams in skill level then they were last year. You can say the same with Portland.
So, I say we beat SFU, Sac States, North Dakota, SUU, Weber, then we steal one of the NAU, EWU, Montana, or Portland. I don't know what one, but we will take one of those wins.
I know it sounds hopeful UFTC, but it makes sense on some small level. I think you're right about winning that first Sac State game, and then we need to use that as momentum into Portland. If we can steal that one on the road, then we are primed to have a GREAT season EVEN with a tough schedule.

I have looked at the Eastern Washington message board this week and the overall consensus over there is that there defensive secondary was HORRIBLE in there scrimmage last Saturday, said they couldn't cover ANYBODY, not just Kupp. They say there linebackers are great and d-line is solid but secondary HORRIBLE, they are mostly predicting themselves at about 6-5 on the season and with games having to be won by shooutouts of 51-50 etc etc. They do not sound real confident over there about there defense at all

Latest posts

Back