• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Promotions Score Big in the FCS

Last November, I happened to be in Orlando, Florida on Orange Blossom Trail driving to my son's house. I had no idea that Bethane-Cookman was playing Florida A&M at the Citrus Bowl which was just a few blocks from my route. There were more than 60K fans in attendance. There was probably another 100K outside in a 10 block area. Along the road were make shift tailgates where people and down south barbeque were everywhere. There were car shows on the side streets in lots. There was music and dancing. Side streets were closed to all traffic except buses. There was partying going on every where while I was trying to make my way toward Colonial Drive. All of this happening while a football game being played. It took 45 minutes to go a few blocks.

I can't tell you if this was a planned or a series of planned events. But I was completely amazed by all of the activities.

It's not just the football game those folks were there for. In the Deep South, marching bands and competitions are a HUGE deal, especially amongst the HBCU schools (Historically Black Colleges and Universities), like Florida A&M, Bethune-Cookman (BCC plays one of the most badass songs of all time, simply called "Let's Go Wildcats". Linky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_0vj0xvnCg&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;), Grambling State, Morgan State and many others. In fact, the football game in most circumstances is second to the amazing, explosive, over-the-top shows that make up the band performances at halftime. It's something I wanna go see before my days are done in this mortal coil.

Latest posts

Back