• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

QB G. Galloway mislead by ISU signs with Bobcats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengalcub

Rumor has it Grayson Galloway has committed to Montana State and will not be joining Idaho State. It seems that Galloway committed to ISU when he was not eligible to enroll at ISU.

Confirmed.

I am working on details with sources. On the surface--it looks like this kid got a very raw deal.

What the hell is going on? Please someone answer that question.

So why was he not eligible? Why does MSU have him now? Who dropped the ball? Who is overlooking all of this? Can we grab another QB (maybe a 2 year drop down)? As a fan I would like to know.

As soon as I have something confirmed on this I'll let folks know. He did have the option of still coming to ISU I believe, but I'm not 100% on that. However, there is no way of knowing if there is anyone at fault here, and I have a pretty good inkling that there is a misunderstanding between what the Junior College he was at considers PE Activity classes and what ISU register considers PE Activity classes.

Also, with ISU's APR improvement plan, we will not try to get a waiver for something like this because without those credits counting he could possibly fall below our APR line for incoming kids. It's possible, and I stress I don't have the answers (I was in San Francisco all last week at my convention), but this is the kind of stuff that might happen because of our APR improvement plan.

When I know something I'll post it on the blog...that work?

Frank

good god cancel the season!!!! a jc qb who never took a snap for the bengals isn't going to be here!!!!?????

who cares... wouldn't it be better to be concerned about who is going to be here...?

Yea Sparty it would be better to be concerned about who is going to be here with PRACTICE STARTING IN A FEW WEEKS!? Maybe the (new guy?) would like to see the play book? Hell, he might even want to see the area or even meet the Coaches and team? I think this is a bit deeper then what we think?

I will comment on this further later this evening...

Hi Cub,

First I would like to thank you for your support and favorable editing on my player profile. I have been following the Bengal since my signing and feel obligated to let Bengal fans (and you) know what has taken place in the program.

Why this happened is still unknown to me. The only communication I have had with ISU has been a voicemail from Coach Earley. I called him back in reply to the voicemail but have not heard from him since. That was over 2 weeks ago. The explanation that I received from ISU was inconclusive and led me in circles. I was told by ISU in was that I not eligible to play Division I football. I was also told that Coach Earley was going to help me find a suitable NAIA school to transfer to. After three days of panic this proved to be incorrect. Idaho State was not right in their assumptions and I would be eligible to enroll at other D-1 institutions, provided I met the entrance requirements of that university.

My intentions are not to bash Idaho State for their actions in this situation. However the incredible silence from the Athletic Director and Coach Z lead me to believe something is very wrong with the Bengal football program. I had a great time on my recruiting visit and I believe that Coach Earely is a man of integrity. However, he was sent out to do the dirty work of the program while Coach Zamberlin and the AD tried to distance themselves from a uncomfortable situation.

I could not be more excited about my opportunity at Montana State and all seems to have ended well (although I could have been enrolled and competing at MSU for summer had I not been lead to believe that my academic path was on track. I am frustrated because I have been jumping through hoops for ISU for the past six months. I have been doing everything to meet academic requirements. Instead, I discovered mid June that it wasn't enough and that it was never a possibility. My credits never could have transferred into to ISU because I had more PE credits than ISU would allow. Idaho State should have know this prior to asking me to join the program.

On another note, I was recruited an offered by Montana State and would have been eligible to play there in the fall because I was a full academic qualifier out of high school.

Sincerely,

Grayson Galloway

he doesn't want to bash isu - then proceeds to do so....

screw him - if he was all that academicaly he'd already be enrolled somewhere. maybe he should have taken something other than physical education classes (whatever that means). it is his job to take care of his academics... he didn't... but he doesnt want to bash isu ... right.

good riddance

What you fail to see is the fact that ISU told him he was eligible to play. ISU requests the transcripts of kids prior to extending an offer. If the kid was not eligible to play—they should have known it prior to extending an offer. ISU did not realize the fact that he could not enroll and be eligible at ISU until June.

Remember, this kid was a full academic qualifier out of high school—that means he can leave the JC ranks at any time.

1. He was told he was eligible by ISU that he could come to summer camp.
2. He was later told that he needed extra units from summer school to comply and get his AA.
3. He enrolled and is taking and passing all the classes that Idaho State told him to take--now thru July 24th.
4. June 14 the kid was called at left a message that his scholarship had been revoked . He was told that there was
no way that he could ever become eligible and that was NOT eligible EVEN at the time of his visit to Idaho State. He was also told by ISU that he was not eligible to play D-1 anywhere and that ISU would help him find a lower Division school to transfer to.
5. ISU never notified NCAA that he was released and available until July, so other schools could not contact him.

The point is this. He is now at Montana State—because he is eligible. ISU should have known that he could not play at ISU before they offered him—they had the transcripts to make this determination in January. Finally, ISU did not grant him a full release until July. Six months later. The fact of the matter is this—ISU didn’t want him to go to Montana State.

Now, I realize that I may not know the entire truth. What I do know is this—ISU fuc*ed this kid, by not knowing the admission requirements of their own university.

bengalcub said:
Why this happened is still unknown to me. The only communication I have had with ISU has been a voicemail from Coach Earley. I called him back in reply to the voicemail but have not heard from him since. That was over 2 weeks ago. The explanation that I received from ISU was inconclusive and led me in circles. I was told by ISU in was that I not eligible to play Division I football. I was also told that Coach Earley was going to help me find a suitable NAIA school to transfer to. After three days of panic this proved to be incorrect. Idaho State was not right in their assumptions and I would be eligible to enroll at other D-1 institutions, provided I met the entrance requirements of that university.

I beg to differ on your assumption Sparty. This kid has every right to bash the hell out of ISU! (If this is what happened?) They (coaches) strung him along like a puppet. He was jumping through hoops for ISU and then they give him the cold shoulder once they found out he was not eligible and proceeded to tell him that he was not eligible for any D-1 school. That is chicken shit! They were messing with his goals and dreams once by telling him to come play and then dropping the ball (after 6 months) but then they proceed to tell him he is not eligible to play at any D-1. That is messing with his goals and dreams twice! Shame on the coaches and ISU and again, Chicken Shit! Didn't this same thing or something close happen to Holmsley 2 years ago?

Like I said earlier, Who dropped the ball? Accountability needs to rear its head and not swept under the carpet! I will not give ISU/coaches any wiggle room on excuses. I am also smart enough to know that there are 2 sides to every story but the one presented from Grayson seems sincere. We will see how ISU handles this and we will see (who) they will bring in to replace him? It is a shame that this hapened and now MSU gets a good kid and player.

A friend with the university once told me ISU's worst enemy is ISU... seems to be more of the same here.

Oh, and just for the record... Sparty, you are wrong on this, just as you've been wrong on a number of other issues. It does matter, scholarship reductions matter, losing practice time matters, losing recruits because the AD wasn't diligent matters, having your reputation tarnished for misleading recruits matters... it all matters when you're in a hole like ISU.

Don't know about all the reasons why, but as a Cat fan our team needed some depth at the qb position and someone to develop.

what a bunch of fair weather fans....

i guess you're all gona quit you jobs today and line up to work for the football team cuz you all know what and how to fix the program based on what some kid who could not get into isu claims happened to him (remember he also claimed to have been recruited by a number of other bigger schools - wonder what those schools did to him to keep him from enrolling?)

screw him

if its okay with all you true bengal fans - i will continue to support the players who actually show up and play rather than badmouthing the coaches and program based on what some kid who took too many physical education classes 'states' on the internet....

once again... screw him

How Matt Steuart still has a job is beyond me...yet another athlete getting screwed because of sheer incompetence.

Look at the positive side, at least he won't run the risk of being another dissappointment here. When did college football become little league? It's just so easy to blame everyone but the guy who took the easiest classes possible.

biobengal said:
A friend with the university once told me ISU's worst enemy is ISU... seems to be more of the same here.

Oh, and just for the record... Sparty, you are wrong on this, just as you've been wrong on a number of other issues. It does matter, scholarship reductions matter, losing practice time matters, losing recruits because the AD wasn't diligent matters, having your reputation tarnished for misleading recruits matters... it all matters when you're in a hole like ISU.

My nomination for post of the day.

I suppose it's time for the SID to explain this as yet another "learning experience" for this staff.

shoot-self-in-foot1-300x253.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back