• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

QB G. Galloway mislead by ISU signs with Bobcats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't "my story". I didn't start the blog post...I didn't even want to get involved. I shouldn't have to do your job for you, if the truth is what you're after. I found out information you could find out. I came on here to defend a good man from ridiculous name-calling, and to suggest there's more to it than just one side. All I did was point out that there is more information available than has been revealed. I suspect that ANYONE that really wants ALL information available could probably get it...if they're interested and are willing to do the work. Just because something isn't what you want to hear doesn't mean it's a lie, and I tend to agree with what Frank said early on...in this kind of situation, the truth likely lies somewhere in the middle.
What you all do with this from here on out will tell us whether you're interested in the whole truth...or in an agenda. If someone isn't interested in both sides of a story...that pretty much says all that needs to be said.
I'm done with this horse. I'm excited for the season to get here and see our new players.

How do you know I haven't asked what happened, VOTB? How do you know that I have not been told? Ask the athletic department about the communication behind the scenes that it has had with me. If they authorize me to tell you what I have been told--I will consider posting it. ISU cannot disclose very much to the public or bloggers because they run a slight risk of violating FERPA. Not saying it is, but this is a delicate matter don't you think? I can respect that.

Don't assume that I cannot get the facts or haven't tried to get the facts. The information that you are chastising me for not getting is not easy to come by.

Cub, you have my support, hold their feet to the fire. IMO, this is symptomatic of the way the whole university runs and it begins with the president. Look at the way ISU went about making parking changes. Enough.

I think that anyone that knows me understands that I do my best to tell the truth. If I am not representing the facts correctly—ISU can e-mail me, PM me or give me a call ON THE RECORD. The funny thing is—if you read what Grayson wrote—he admits that he had some academic challenges. The cool thing is that he pulled it all together and did what he was told it would take to make him eligible to play for ISU.

When VOTB makes a comment like he has it only draws more attention to the issue. He has not seen the e-mails discussing what courses need to be taken nor has he heard the message that ISU left Grayson. Furthermore, Grayson Galloway is eligible to play almost anywhere.

I certainly don’t take this lightly—putting the university in a negative light. I get told all sorts of things all the time via PM and e-mail—stuff that never makes the board. If you don’t think that I saw and heard enough to make sense of the whole situation, you are dead wrong. Better communication between the football program and academics would have prevented this from happening. These types of eligibility issues (regardless of what the situation is) have cost ISU dearly and not having a clear understanding about what does or does not make a person eligible at ISU is a problem.

As for Grayson posting this information—it never would have made it here had ISU simply apologized without condition and communicated with good intentions. Sometimes it isn’t about what wrong has been done but the actions that are taken to rectify a situation.

Has there been any sort of public explanation by the coaching staff or athletic department? Or are they just hoping everyone can sweep this under the rug and forget about it? Kind of strange that the people at fault have not shared anything yet.

I was not even going to continue to post because I am so very sick of ISU's coaching staff placing the blame on everyone but themselves last year. Cub...you are a true FAN that loves ISU...Keep up your work...if there is more to the story, Frank, LET'S HEAR IT! What could it be? ISU BLEW THIS! Does anyone notice that Frank is done talking about a situation when it becomes something uncomfortable for ISU football.As I have been saying for at least 3 years, as far as recruiting goes, ISU IS ALWAYS TOO LATE! I am sick of our coaching staff not standing up and admitting when THEY are at fault. Why does Matt Steaurt still have his job? Does anyone remember last year when at least 30 players were pulled from practice, due to their mid-term grades? At that time Frank and company sugar coated that situation also. Find someone that knows what they are doing to HELP THE PLAYERS! Playing football and going to school is not an easy situation. Recognize it and HELP THE PLAYERS.Cub recognized the APR situation long before some at ISU. Cub, you keep up your great passion for ISU Football. We as fans need to pull together and SUPPORT THE PLAYERS THAT HAVE COMMITED TO CONTINUE TO BE BENGALS..THIS HAS TO BE HARD TO BE A PLAYER. LET'S BAND TOGETHER AND FOCUS ON THE PLAYERS TO MAKE THEIR EXPERIENCE AS GOOD AS IT POSSIBLY CAN BE! Where is the Bengal Foundation to help with the spirit of the players? It is not just about begging for money! We all need to band together and do something to SPARK SOME ENTHUSIASM FOR THE PLAYERS! I am not a supporter of ISU Administration or the coaching staff but I AM A SUPPORTER OF THE PLAYERS!!!! GO BIG ORANGE!!!! (That means the players)

So what I'm hearing from Frank and Jerry is that this is a dead horse and that we must move on to other things. Hey, remember what I said about reform way back last September after we started out 0-4 and everyone was ready to mutiny (myself included)? This is what I mean. ISU, you cannot and should not expect the problem to go away if you keep turning to look the other way or sweeping it under the rug. You must aggressively and actively look at issues like these and reform in such a way that it doesn't happen again. Just because it's "over" doesn't really mean it is. In fact I think it's just beginning.

Just because the situation makes you feel uncomfortable doesn't mean "let's stop talking about it and focus on the fun stuff." No and NO! You don't wanna discuss it because it makes you upset? Tough shit. It's unpleasant? Yeah it is. So what? Get on it.

so this kid has wonderful grades and is a complete and full qualifier out of hs and is the best football player in history and had offers and was recruited by all those other big school...? (if he actually wrote that letter or note or whatever by himself monkeys might fly out of my backside) - but he can't get an junior college degree in less than 2 and a half years and knows nothing about his own academic progress...? i'm not buying it - why ain't he at any of those other schools if he is all that...?

cub - your position now makes sense... you got into an internet love affair with some kid who blew smoke up your backend and you bought every word of it... so much so that you're now willing to throw the isu coaching staff and administration under the bus cuz you got your feelings hurt when your boy didn't show up and he ran around crying that he got jobbed....

it's absolutely amazing so many people conspired to screw this one wonder kid - must be like 40 people who got together and decided to hose this special young fella... just cuz..... give me a freaking break...

jeez people - get some perspective - seriously

go big,

thanks for the comments... please scurry along now.. the grown ups are talking..

(by the way - i think the caps key on your moms keyboard is stuck)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"it's absolutely amazing so many people conspired to screw this one wonder kid - must be like 40 people who got together and decided to hose this special young fella... just cuz..... give me a freaking break.."

I am sorry Spartan, I thought he loved me.

BTW, he didn't get screwed in the beginning. He got screwed around the middle--and now he is the one dictating the pace.

Spartan, The more you post and defend the incompetent, I think you may be one of the incompetent. Are you part of the program and the problem?

fanatic - remember what your granny used to tell you when you were little...

"we know you don't think so good, so try not to think so often"

no coach here

the kid is not and was not a bengal - screw him and good riddance

for those of you who are supporting that fool and his side of things... i am stunned you are so willing to jump ship on the bengals and take the side of a disgruntled kid who is totally full of sh**

amazing

Unfortunate incident for both Galloway and ISU. Sounds like APR regulatory bs is what happenend. I was excited to see Galloway as a Bengal, but now I will just have to enjoy seeing him on his backside when we play the cats. If he gets to see the field.

Mr. Bengalcub, I want you to know I support you 100percent. I have watched this site for a long time, but have never posted on the site, but I just had too because of this. Its unfortunate that time and time again, ISU has mislead us (Alumni, fans and community) with misinformation pertaining to the Athletic Department. I think its great that you are standing up for this kid, because many students need to know that others will support them when they decide to speak out about what really has gone on in the Athletic Department.

It seems that the unspoken story here is that ISU must have higher academic standards than MSU. Explaims why they are just a bunch of Montana dummies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back