• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

QB Play

Bengals4lyfe

Like I said in another post I'm a true Fan!! We will go undefeated rest of the WAY!! But Sanders is not the QB!!

Tanner Gueller needs to get more reps... There is not that much Seperation between Gueller and Sanders. Build this program around the Redshirt Freshman!! As far as Sanders, to be a Junior he's having difficulties hitting a 3 yard Slant!! Just don't look comfortable

Sander's mechanic's are terrible right now. I don't know if this has always been a problem, but he is totally out of form. Throw's high to wide open receiver's giving them no chance to catch the ball, aims and throws soft when the pass has to be delivered with authority. In my opinion he is over thinking, just throw the ball don't aim it. Trust your receiver will go get it, the throws don't have to be perfect. Twice last night he threw a soft pass that gave the defender time to get in front of the receiver when a firm pass to the back line would have been a better pass. I believe he knows the plays, but he seems to have trouble executing them. Bengal4lyfe may be right, Gueller seemed to do both better last night.

Sanders is a good QB. Kramer said he played with poise against BSU. Kramer was not happy with the Bengals play calling in the red zone. Look for the Bengals to play well against UNLV.

I'm thinking that we as fans need to be more mentally tough. Cursing in a blind forum shows lack of charcter.

As far as the QB situation... We have two good ones, one wants to prove he is good enough to keep starting the other has had no pressure put on him yet.
No one could have watched the game and come away thinking that were stagnant or getting worse.

The defense did great! They played hard all game that's why they got exhausted. Only gave up 1 or 2 big plays.

There's a lot of football left to play so take Journey's advice and "Don't stop believin"

So far both quarterbacks have struggled but one of the reasons is a huge lack of running game. We have the best back in big sky and he is not being used at all. So far I think Coach Cross has done a poor job calling this offense and utilizing his running game. The offensive play calls have been very bland. Definitely need to get more aggressive in our play calling or we are gonna be hurting this year. The defense has outplayed the offense in all three games so far this year. Seen lots of improvement in that side of the ball. Special teams has been flat out awful this year.

Last night was wherever you wanted it to be. Of were just looking to be a good fcs team last night did not matter. If we want to be a good team period. We have some work.

For the record Kramer has been calling most of the plays. Half of the offensive play calls are Kramer. When a new coordinator is under Kramer he has a hard time letting him do his job. It's hard for cross to get in a rhythm when Kramer won't let him fully do his job. I'm sorry but anything Kramer gets his hands on a a coordinator is no Bueno. He is great as a head coach. Take a look at our defense when he was the coordinator. Worse defense in the history of isu. Meanwhile the special teams was the highlight of our team a few years ago back when troxel ran the special teams. Here come some coaching changes he fires himself as d coordinator and then takes over special teams. Now look where our special teams is. Now he is trying to take over the play calling offensively and our offense is taking a hit because of it. Kramer please just stick with being the head coach.

If that is the case then Kramer needs to believe in his coaches more. I'm sure Kramer knows he is no offensive coordinator if you recall his one season as an OC at MSU they went 0-11. I would assume with Rob Phenice there he would be helping Coach Cross and Kramer would let them do the play calling and stay out of things. If things don't change offensively soon this is going to be a lost season. After watching MSU and EWU there is no way right now we could keep offensively with either of those teams.

We love Kramer as a head coach, recruiter and motivator !!! Anything else is a BIG
Question mark ???? The proof is in the pudding !! The truth hurts sometimes. Deal with it.
My opinion and many others who really know the truth, so don't tell me or any others to go away..
We love the players too and want the very best for them but we all have the right to evaluate and provide constructive criticism when it is warranted. i.e., obviously, most people who work for others have a least an annual performance review, coaches are not immune !!! Go Bengals !!!

great - you love kramer, you 'know' the truth

fyi - ain't no such thing as constructive criticism - your mommy lied to you

we get it - you hate kramer

how many times has he been big sky coach of the year and turned around a program....?

go away now

Wow Spartan, didn't know you owned this board, if anyone has a different opinion than yours
were supposed to "go away"....hahaha.....would love to meet you someday, I would imagine it would be a great conversation and then some !!!!! lol...Go Bengals !!!!

Anyhow back to the QB's .....

I'm no QB coach but watching the game on tv the announcers were picking apart sanders each time he would throw an errant pass. I know he is doing ok but does anybody with QB coaching experience see the same issues?

Anyhow back to the QB's .....

I'm no QB coach but watching the game on tv the announcers were picking apart sanders each time he would throw an errant pass. I know he is doing ok but does anybody with QB coaching experience see the same issues?

Don't waste your time on this board...only Kramer lovers can post on this...if you don't love Kramer and say so on this board Bengal Cub will delete you! Where are the big mouths like Let U Know and Tuff Gong... did they have a change of heart regarding Kramer?

I am NO QB coach, and agree Sanders is not performing the way he needs to. I wonder though how much of it is mental... Sanders was very good in accuracy in the Black Hills State game, and was not TOO bad in the Portland State game... then comes the Boise State game and WOW. NOT GOOD. I hope it was a tough mental game for him, and he figures it out. UNLV will be half as tough as Boise, so I feel that will be the make or break outing for him.
I had a front row seat at the Boise State game, and one observation about him throwing high balls, if he tried to bring it down, Boise DL blocked the pass (many times) that's hard to deal with, that's partially just being outplayed by a monster of a team.
Didn't mean for that to sound like an excuse though... he needs to be better.
I'm excited about the UNLV game. I'll be there front and center, cheering them on. GO BENGALS! ! !

It would have been good to see Sanders as the backup QB to Arias last season just like Arias was the backup QB to Yost for two years but that is not the case. I think we have to give Sanders some time to develop within the program and as a QB in the BSC. If Sanders does not play up to Kramer expectations in the future I would guess that Kramer will make a QB change.

With a struggling QB the best thing an offense can have is run game to hide those problems. Get the run game going and I think we will see a different Sanders at QB. The last two games we were behind and forced to pass and gave up on the running game and we became one dimensional which makes it easier for the opposing defenses. The more our offense mixes it up the better we are, which is why our offense was so successful last year defenses couldn't just sit back and play the pass they had to worry about our run game as well. Maybe they should consider bringing Arias in as QB coach to help our QBs out.

Of all the things I've heard about fixing the issues at hand Arias mentoring sounds like the best available, for what little I know, option.

That being said, he isnt a long term solution, unless he gets a position literally coaching.

Don Baily how dare you leave and take away decades of QB know.wdge with you, Just kidding.

Who is next up QB coach?

Latest posts

Back