• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

QB Play

psk584 said:
With a struggling QB the best thing an offense can have is run game to hide those problems. Get the run game going and I think we will see a different Sanders at QB. The last two games we were behind and forced to pass and gave up on the running game and we became one dimensional which makes it easier for the opposing defenses. The more our offense mixes it up the better we are, which is why our offense was so successful last year defenses couldn't just sit back and play the pass they had to worry about our run game as well. Maybe they should consider bringing Arias in as QB coach to help our QBs out.

Psk584 agree the cure all is always the run game!!! the second is the TE which is has done which is why Josh is getting the ball a lot. lastly which I don't will happen is Sprint right options ,bootlegs and bubbles . they get him out of pocket and easy short throws plus it cerates a run pass option. there is not easy fix and I'm not sure there is a lot broken. A lot of times with young QB the OC will just say tell me what you like and what you feel you like to run the best and work around that

I think we'll play UNLV a lot closer than we did against BSU, although I'm not sure if we can beat the Rebels. We've really got to get our QB, O-coordinator and special teams problems worked out. We've got a very good o-line, running backs and receivers. Maybe Troxel should have been promoted to o-coordinator instead of Cross.

Spartan,
I love Kramer as a head coach. Having played for him I have a ton of respect for him. But I question his ability to call the plays. That's all I am getting at. As for the qb play, I personally liked what I saw in gueller. He has a stronger arm and can get the ball out of his hands much quicker than sanders and bubbles and our quick game. Sanders has a lot of potential it's just hard for any qb to come in and master an offense in a few months. Arias had years to master it. My patience is being tested but I think sanders will bounce back come conference time. If not then next man up. We have the playoffs to make!

I don't understand why Kramer did not have at least one if not two QBs ready to take the helm for this season. I realize that one QB recruit failed to materialize but our offense is built around the QB so he has got to have an affective QB ready. Sanders is not ready. Maybe next year he will be but for now, I don't see enough week-to-week progress needed for the team to be a Big Sky contender.

This is Tanner 2nd year in the system, his 2nd year working with the same WR. The only advantage Sanders has is he is a Junior and Tanner is a Redshirt Freshman. We trying to make playoffs, don't have time to wait for Sanders to learn system and get on same page with WRs.. We have the QB on the roster #4... When you go recruit a JUCO athlete, he's expected to play and to be ready, clearly Sanders is not ready....

Sanders QB efficiency rating of 126.8 is higher right now than that of Arias 116.9 or Yost 116.7 in there first year as starters.

If Kramer was comfortable with the QB situation going into fall a JC kid would not have been brought in.

Factor into the equation a new QB and a new OC and I expect some growing pains. Not saying that Sanders keeps the job and not saying concern isn't warranted either. However, some realistic expectations should be considered as well.

I'm curious what will happen next year for gueller, if he keeps improving, will he have to sit, behind a marginally better QB? What is his qbr? I almost get the feeling he is being punished for his youth.

Having said that, why isn't the offense staying on the field so our QB's can get more exposure? Right now I'm thinking of an old saying -- don't throw the baby out with the dirty water....

If our starter is good enough he needs more chances to show it... In my mind I can't tell what needs to happen. Better play calling or better accuracy and blocking for X to take the pressure away from the QB whoever it is.

Latest posts

Back