• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Recruiting 2017

Tacoma5

With where we're at right now, where do we put our focus on for recruiting this year? It's that time of the season and we have some key players graduating.

Probably on some step down players that can help us out next season? The majority will be incoming freshmen once they are considered qualifiers and meet ISU academic standards. We will not know until Feb of 2017 or signing day

I know that good defensive linemen are very hard to find -- most people that size don't have the speed to play that position. But we really need do what we can do to find some quality d-linemen to rush the QB and stop the run.

Bengal_believer said:
I'm more concerned that we have no OL, seriously, how could we not compete in the first half?..
Losing Phillips and Collins on the OL, and Williams and Peoples on DL really hurts. ISU rarely, if ever, has depth on either side of the line.

At the end of the season Kramer will announce to the media what positions he is needing to fill for the upcoming years. My question is where are the young men that went on a 2 year LDS mission out of high school he recruited and signed over the last 5 years? Maybe, some came back to play while others decided not to play anymore. I do not know. Does anyone know?

up for the challenge said:
At the end of the season Kramer will announce to the media what positions he is needing to fill for the upcoming years. My question is where are the young men that went on a 2 year LDS mission out of high school he recruited and signed over the last 5 years? Maybe, some came back to play while others decided not to play anymore. I do not know. Does anyone know?
One of them, Dallin Collins, is starting at center as a true freshman.

Skippy. I just saw the score and logged on to see your take. You said the coach will assess the teams.need at the end of the year. Why would he be back of 2017?

Eric hollowell said:
Skippy. I just saw the score and logged on to see your take. You said the coach will assess the teams.need at the end of the year. Why would he be back of 2017?
Not me, Eric, that was Up.

Eric hollowell said:

A reason he would be back for 2017 is that we are only in week 5. There is 6 games left. Maybe the season IS NOT OVER after week 5 just because we lost to PSU albeit it was a humbling and sobering loss but what if the players and staff dig deep and win some games down the stretch. Sacramento State sure as hell proved a lot of people wrong yesterday by beating Montana state, why can't we pull off some nice wins like that down the stretch?? WE CAN!!!! Unless the staff and the players and fans think the season is OVER just because of yesterday, Which I can guarantee you the coaches and players don't feel that the season is over. I know I as a fan & as a parent of a player on the team I ABSOLUTELY do not feel the season is over just because of yesterday's game. Bye week is right on time, you got it Coach KRAMER and staff and players, on to Flagstaff!!! Season ain't over!!!!! Go Bengals

demian said:
Eric hollowell said:

A reason he would be back for 2017 is that we are only in week 5. There is 6 games left. Maybe the season IS NOT OVER after week 5 just because we lost to PSU albeit it was a humbling and sobering loss but what if the players and staff dig deep and win some games down the stretch. Sacramento State sure as hell proved a lot of people wrong yesterday by beating Montana state, why can't we pull off some nice wins like that down the stretch?? WE CAN!!!! Unless the staff and the players and fans think the season is OVER just because of yesterday, Which I can guarantee you the coaches and players don't feel that the season is over. I know I as a fan & as a parent of a player on the team I ABSOLUTELY do not feel the season is over just because of yesterday's game. Bye week is right on time, you got it Coach KRAMER and staff and players, on to Flagstaff!!! Season ain't over!!!!! Go Bengals

Good point. We're in scramble mode, but plenty of time to dig in and improve. Next week off to regroup will be vital in prep work.

"Scramble mode" did you mean for that to be a joke?
We got crushed and they never even completed a pass. I recently watched a similar game but in highschool....
It was raining cats and dogs, a visiting team had the lead early, and literally ran the ball from midway through the 1st quarter till the end of the game.
Guess what the home team figured it out and stopped them starting in the 2nd quarter. Even the crowd knew what play they would run. How can we not adjust to stop a run up the gut? :ohno:

This was a statement loss. we just lost, and lost bad, to a one dimensional team.
Did I read somewhere they had 15 drop down players? When do we cross over from pride to keeping up with the rest of the league?

Bengal_believer said:
This was a statement loss. we just lost, and lost bad, to a one dimensional team.
Did I read somewhere they had 15 drop down players? When do we cross over from pride to keeping up with the rest of the league?

Kramer signs mostly high school players and walk ons with high GPA's. A few transfers come if they can meet the ISU academic entrance requirements.

Last weeks game performance was truly embarrassing and a pathetic display of football. I am tired of excuses.
It was not even competitive !!!! Injuries are a part of the game and every team has them. Being RAN over like that by a team in the Big Sky is completely
unacceptable. The players deserve
better coaching period. I sincerely like Kramer as a person, head coach and recruiter. However,
just like Zamerlin his past success obviously needs to be credited to his previous OC and DC not him.
We all need to retire someday and it is time now for Kramer to go. I realize ISU is a stepping
stone for young creative and competent coaches so we now need new leadership and direction for this program.
Enough is enough. Thanks Mike for the effort and God bless you moving forward.

I agree, the players seem great at times then at some point it looks like our players crumble. That's coaching.
Some players looked handcuffed, some look like they give up. Coaching, coaching. Personality wise, Kramer is entertaining, but 5 years and teams keep using us to set records and climb out of their own holes. I hate to say it but unless we reach at least .500 this season, I think it's time for ISU to move on.

It will probably take another two years or so before we contend for a championship. Kramer said it would take awhile when he was hired as it takes time to rebuild.

Latest posts

Back