• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Recruiting updates and tid bits.

bengalcub

The Whimpey brothers are rumored (numerous team sources) to have been offered at UCLA and will accept. Both Kyle and Kevin were both looking at new schools before they even left on their missions, so the fact that they landed somewhere else is not surprising. The Pac 10, however is surprising. I was worried about BSC schools coming into the picture—never would have imagined UCLA.

Other news:

Confirmed, ISU will be going to the 3-4 defense.
They expect to get 8 scholarship guys on offense and 6 on defense.
Kramer is keeping his word with keeping the guys he has. John Van Vliet and Jack Francis were bumped up to full scholarships recently. Congrats to both of them, they both deserve it.

Expect Kramer to bring in loads of walk-ons. New vision and new hope in the program should pay dividends in this regard. Plus, ISU has a boat load of seniors is 2011 and opportunity to earn scholarships in 2012 is very realistic.

Also, I asked around a bit on a handful of kids and player sources have mentioned that Demetrius Cowherd (Clark Recruit from IN) and Tui Niusulu have indicated that they will not be returning to the program. I am still checking on the status of Tyler Hjelseth, Isaiah Walker, Bo Hudeen and Greg Melendez.

Finally, I am being told that Andrew Benavides has been cleared to resume contact and will suit up for the Bengals in 2011. :D

Hudeen, Melendez and Walker are all on board.

WOW! Kramer did one helluva job keeping this team together. Big fat kudos to the BIG HUMAN. Let the APR healing begin.

Hudeen would have had to went D-II as he has used his RS year. Melendez is a good canidate for a medical hardship since he was lost for the season in the first game. So, in reality if he wanted to leave he could drop a division and play immediately or transfer laterally or up and burn a RS and still have one to play.

"The Whimpey brothers are rumored (numerous team sources) to have been offered at UCLA and will accept. Both Kyle and Kevin were both looking at new schools before they even left on their missions, so the fact that they landed somewhere else is not surprising. The Pac 10, however is surprising. I was worried about BSC schools coming into the picture—never would have imagined UCLA."

:roll:

heard that they are hosting a QB from a Calif JC this weekend....exactly fits the bill for what Kramer is looking for......big, strong armed.....also have heard that they are hot on the trail of a couple of high school QBs ...kramer has said he would like to get two freshman QBs....one on scholarship and another as an "invited walk on"...one of the rumors i heard was that if they get one of the high school QBs they hope to.....it will be a "VERY" familiar name to the ISU football family............keep your paws crossed..........anyone heard anything else?....

That's cool but bad timing; the team is home for the holidays.

Correct if I'm wrong but when the prospects come in for a visit shouldn't our guys scoop them up and show them a good time? This kid is coming in to an empty Bengal Den :(

Hopefully someone is there to entertain and ensure this young man enjoys Pokey!

...i agree Cal Bengal Fan....those were my first thoughts...i even checked to make sure ISU mens BBall was out of town...thought i must have that wrong...but they are at creighton....BUT i know i was told it was this weekend....last week i stopped up at the mini dome (sorry my generation) and went by the football offices.....everything was piled out in the hallway ...EVERYTHING...computers, furniture, etc....no offense to the previous staff...BUT it felt right...i thought .....they must be putting "a fresh coat of Everything" in the offices....and it just felt right...stepped in and Coach K was at a desk in front of a computer...he was VERY gracious...took a minute...i introduced myself and told him it was great to have him here....he was very kind to the previous staff....said they had left some VERY talented players...and that new staff was hot on the recruiting trail....i sure believe that ISU needs to take every opportunity they have and get Coach K in front of people.....talking to him for those minutes....gotta admit...i'm excited for next season!!.........

Clawsout--along that same line...

I had an interesting conversation with a former player (cool cat) who still had friends on the team.

The former player went on to tell this story. A senior on this years squad said that he finally met Coach Kramer for the first time. Without even knowing him, but knowing that he had played football, Kramer stopped him in the hall and began talking to him. From what I've been told, Kramer was very personal and sincere. He asked him what was going on and really tried to get to know him. All of this for a guy that is finished and won't play a single down for the new staff. The player said that he felt more comfortable with Kramer than he ever had with Zamberlin. It really seemed to him that Coach K wanted to know about him and the interest was genuine and not fake. Plus, that the conversation was more in depth than any he had ever had with any coach in the last four years.

It is stories like this that lead me to believe Idaho State football--under Kramer are moving in a very positive direction.

From the kids that I have had interaction with regarding Kramer, I am hearing some very clutch compliments. Kramer is grateful for the opportunity to come back to coaching--humbled might be a better word. Kramer is not saying a bad word about the former staff and not complaining or shying away from the challenges that come with the job, rebuilding things at Idaho State. Players are telling me that if Mike Kramer gets into a kids house and he wants him--the kid is going to commit. The BIG HUMAN has been called one of the best used car salesman out there, but I am being told that he puts his thoughts together and speaks with passion and conviction. He speaks from the heart, his voice cracks at times with emotion and you can actually see his sincerity and emotion in his facial expressions.

Mike Kramer has as much to prove as the kids on the team. He knows it and accepts it.

This team is going to get better and Jeff Tingey made a great decision in bringing Kramer into the Bengal family.

You guys will love Kramer. A lot of his former players at MSU just love him to death. He will also get the boosters excited again about Bengal football and the school in general. He crisscrossed Montana relentlessly generating support for MSU and will do the same thing for ISU.

Merry Christmas All, heard from a friend that Idaho has interest in a RB/Athlete that we here is Sparta are looking at. Jarrod Daniels, JUCO from MJC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKav6nyU09Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwUR0mzBMzs&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Out of HS this kid was elite status and didn't get looks until he got his tapes & film sent out. Jarrod is the real deal @ 200lbs with 4.43 speed. Check out the below honors and stats. If we don't get him here at SJ State I hope you folks do because our teams in the same position, I.e. need to get better!

●2008,2009 1st Team VOL All League Running Back
●2009 VOL League MVP
●2009 San Joaquin Section All District RB
●2009 Manteca Bulletin Offensive Player of the Year
●Named by Modesto Bee to All Decade Team RB
●Cal Hi Sports All State Medium School RB

Career 2008, 2009 :
444 Carries, 3,357 Total Yards, 51 TD's
High School: Graduated from Sierra HS in 2010. named VOL All League running back 2008 &
2009. also named 2009 VOL All League Most Valuable Player.. 2009 SJS All District running
back..2009 Manteca Offensive Player of The Year. Named to Mod Bee second team all decade
running back. In 2009 broke all Sierra High rushing and scoring records. Rushed for 1,546 yards
and 18 touchdowns his junior year and as a senior for 1,811 yards and 32 touchdowns, finishing
with 50 rushing touchdowns. .. also caught 13 passes for 183 yards and a touchdown... was first
in District for rushing and scoring with 198 points, 15.2 points per game... seven of the thirty two
touchdowns were for 40 yards or longer. Helped SHS win ther first VOL title..In three SJ Section playoff
games had a total of 622 yards and 8 touchdowns. During playoffs rroke his own record with 294 yards and 4
touchdowns in Rd. 2 SJS playoff game vs. Benecia HS.
●2009 Manteca Bulletin Offensive Player of the Year
●Named by Modesto Bee to All Decade Team RB
●Cal Hi Sports All State Medium School RB

I may be wrong, but it looks like this kid is being recruited by the Idaho Vandals. I cannot see anything showing that Idaho State is recruiting him. I could be wrong though...

It has been real quiet on the recruiting front. Remember, this recruiting period going on now is for early JC's--the mid year transfers. I am hearing that ISU has tripped a few JC QB's, both mid year kids and both would have four years to play three.

While we would all like a handful of JC kids to be signed early to participate in spring ball, we probably won't see many. Speculation on my part (but an educated guess) most of ISU's JC help could be coming in the fall. The APR penalties run fall to spring and in fall the counters start over. So, ISU can commit kids to show up in the fall easier than they can for the spring. Not saying they won't sign early JC's--but I wouldn't expect a boat load like we saw last year.

On a side note it looks like ISU has offered a WR from Hawaii...

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4804786

and

A defensive back from AZ...

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4847082

I just Google Malcolm Creer, 5'11" 200Lbs RB/DB/ATH, and found a new highlight reel. Wow! If he lands at ISU he will be a Big Sky sensation! Whoever the recruiter is, he has an instinct for talent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoFbRpFFDWc

OKAY....OKAY.....I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY LONGER!!!.....SOMEBODY start putting some "recruiting updates and tidbits" on here.......even if they are bold face lies...(preferably not though)....i am so anxious to hear some news coming out of ISU...i've even resorted to reading about UNC looking for a coach....and UM and MSU recruiting news...........SOMEBODY PLEASE help me with my addiction....it's worth a cold beverage next fall in the parking lot.....maybe even out of my cooler....LOL................

I think the holidays are quiet or dead periods in recruiting. Next week should yield some results--probably a less than average JC QB by the way things are looking.

Latest posts

Back