• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Recruiting updates and tid bits.

clawsout said:
SOMEBODY PLEASE help me with my addiction....it's worth a cold beverage next fall in the parking lot.....maybe even out of my cooler....LOL................

i might have to cash in on this even though i'm a new poster. but word around here in fruitland is that ISU has offered the 3A State Player of the Year Ty Graves, 6'5 220lb TE/DL.

The Idaho Statesman had said that Graves has already received interest from ISU, North Dakota, NDSU, and Southern Utah, so hopefully we can beat out those other schools for his services.

As for the junior college players that I know of that ISU has offered -- here's the list:

Donovan Henley, 5' 10", 165 lb. ILB 4.5 speed from Glendale CC, AZ
Has offers from ISU, Nebraska at Omaha, and South Dakota State.

Kevin Yost, 6'2", 190 lb. QB from Glendale CC, AZ
Has an offer from ISU -- and actually just visited today (Jan 4), and Emporia State, KS has also expressed interest.

Josh Atkinson, 6'1" 230 lb. ILB 4.6 speed from Diablo Valley CC, CA
ISU, Cal Poly, Montana State, SJSU, USU, and UTEP have all offered.

Adrienne Hatley, 6'2", 185 lb. WR 4.4 speed from Citrus CC, California
ISU, New Mexico, NTSU, South Dakota State, and Wyoming have all offered.

i have no facts so i guess this is totally a rumor.....but i heard friday that a player currently being recruited by UM and MSU called ISU and wanted to talk to Kramer. What i heard was that the boy's father had either played with or for Kramer (i'm thinking it had to be "with"...for the kid's age to work...maybe not though)....and they wanted to see if ISU was interested as the dad really wanted his son to play for kramer......bengalcub....you might check your sources and see there's any truth to what i heard.....i DO like the story...hope it's true.....i think we will need some of that type of magic at the start.....to help kramer get the type of players he's after...........keep your paws crossed.........

the idaho statesman says a QB....levi altringer from rocky mountain high school in boise has committed to ISU.....i don't really follow high school footbal....especially that side of the state....boise bengal.....do you know anything about this young man?..............your thoughts?

I did see Rocky Mountain play a few times this past season, and have always enjoyed watching them play, because of the talent level that they had relative to a lot of other teams. And I was surprised that they didn't win state this past season. They had two first-team offensive players and two first-team defensive players. And they had two second-team offensive players and two second-team defensive players. One of the first-teamers, Dallas Burroughs, is headed to BSU, and another one, O-lineman Jim Bagley, is considering ISU and Wyoming. A first-team linebacker, JT Trompke, was all over the field and should be playing at some level next year. A second-teamer, RB Jordan Deck, is considering ISU, Puget Sound and Weber, and a d-lineman Tevin Manu, is Ron Manu's son, who was all-Big Sky for ISU back in the 80's. And Ron is an assistant coach for Rocky Mountain. And Altringer wasn't even on the either team. I thought he was a pretty good QB who always got the job done and has a decent arm, but I wasn't sure if he was good enough to play college ball, but then again I don't have near the scouting and evaluating abilities that Kramer and staff have either.

There were a lot of good quarterbacks in the state last season, and Eagle High's Tanner Mangum, probably would have been first-team all-state if he wouldn't have broken his collarbone against Rocky Mountain the first game of the year -- and subsequently missed the next eight games. He played two years at Timberline before transferring to Eagle, and will be a senior next season. He's been offered scholarships by BSU and BYU, but from what he's said I have a hunch that he'll play for BYU.

First-team honors last year went to junior QB Chad Chalich of Coeur d'Alene, who passed for 2,844 yards and 32 TD's, and I'll make a point of trying to get a chance to watch him play next season. But I have a feeling that he's eventually headed to a 1-A school. Second-team honors last season went to Capital HS senior Riley Magner, a kid that former asst. coach Nick Whitworth talked to a few times. I know the kid personally and asked him about which school he may end up at and about ISU, and he said he couldn't see himself living in Poky for four years. And that he'll probably end up walking on at a school like EWU or MSU. With that kind of attitude, he'll probably just end up at an NAIA school like Eastern Oregon.

Wyoming QB is on the move, he was a sophomore in the most recent season. He does have a redshirt year... meaning, FBS team most likely.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2011/01/10/wyoming-quarterback-austyn-carta-samuels-plans-to-transfer/

clawsout said:
...one of the rumors i heard was that if they get one of the high school QBs they hope to.....it will be a "VERY" familiar name to the ISU football family............keep your paws crossed..........

That very familiar name is in this weekend for an official visit and the kid is a gem.

Latest posts

Back