• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Returning Mission kids

blackfootbengal

Porter Thomas OL
Josh Crane WR
Zack Anderson WR
Jared Gibson OLB

These are the kids committed in 2016, will know who is coming in August.

I do not know much about these players. Anyone want to give a little back ground, strengths, weaknesses, etc..?

....i'm with Bengals" and his questions.......also does anyone have any knowledge of how long it takes a young man that has been on a mission to get back into "football shape"....is smarter for them to redshirt the first year back as they get use to college life, classes and football ?......another question....freshmen that just signed....are they eligible to come to ISU during the summer and start lifting, integrating in with the team, etc ?.....or do they have to wait until the first day of classes, etc per NCAA rules or something.....

....anyone know ?.......... :coffee:

Strength; maturity, you get a man rather than a kid. Fewer discipline issues overall less trouble. Gives the school a chance at a kid that they may not of been able to get otherwise. Because of maturity they have already began to fill out.
Weakness; sometimes priorities change, many get married, sometimes they decide football is not for them anymore. Additionally, if they are good enough other schools are watching for when they come home. Also as stated above priorities change, some quit playing after a couple of years.

Most the time you redshirt mission kids, sometimes they have arrived early enough they can get in shape as Dallin Collins did, starting at center his first year. Right now we have three returned mission kids, four until Page retired early. There are at least three who were going to go on missions who didn't. If you are able to get them when they come back and balance your classes accordingly mission kids can be advantages as BYU has shown. They get two years to grow up and depending on the Mission people where they go some are even able to lift while on the mission, happens rarely.

Good info Blackfoot. Clawsout Freshmen players can come and work out with the team during the summer before they start school, but they are on their own for living expenses etc... Does anyone know how many players we scholarship during the summer? I know some FCS do not scholarship anyone during the summer and some carry all their players through the summer. I thought I had heard we cover 50, but not sure if that is correct. Covering the players during the summer is a huge advantage as they are obviously more likely to stay in town and train with their teammates.

...Bengals....I thought I heard we had funds for 50 players to stay through the summer.....but that might have been broken into some "partials" to try an help more than 50 kids stay....

Latest posts

Back