• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.

Sac State Hockey

SDHornet

Staff member
The Sac State Hockey team owned ucsd last night grabbing the 8-2 win in a dominating performance. The first period was close with the Hornets getting two goals within the first 10 minutes. The second half of the period was slower as ucsd climbed back in it by scoring a goal. The Hornets owned the game from the 2nd period on with physical domination. The Hornets added 3 goals in the 2nd to take a 5-1 lead into the third. The Hornets kept the pressure on in the 3rd period where they added 3 more goals. :cool:

I so wish the Hockey team were intercollegiate instead of club...oh well. Maybe one day. Nice job Hornets over the Tritons!!

My roomie at Sac was on the hockey team. Looked like a lot of fun. I, too, wish it were intercollegiate. But the travel costs would be enormous unless we could get MPSF to sponsor it. Good luck on that.

Super Hornet said:
My roomie at Sac was on the hockey team. Looked like a lot of fun. I, too, wish it were intercollegiate. But the travel costs would be enormous unless we could get MPSF to sponsor it. Good luck on that.

I don’t think they would have as much travel expenses as you would think. If you take a look at the schedule, most of their opponents are in CA.

SDHornet said:
Super Hornet said:

I don’t think they would have as much travel expenses as you would think. If you take a look at the schedule, most of their opponents are in CA.

But you'd have to have all of those CA schools also promote it to intercollegiate as well.

SactoHornetAlum said:
SDHornet said:
Super Hornet said:

But you'd have to have all of those CA schools also promote it to intercollegiate as well.

Yeah I agree. Also the added scholarships for hockey would require matching scholarship funding for women sports as well. This scholarship funding would surpass any travel costs incurred over one season of hockey. This is something everyone overlooks whenever the topic of a move to FBS for football comes up.

SDHornet said:
SactoHornetAlum said:
SDHornet said:
Super Hornet said:

Yeah I agree. Also the added scholarships for hockey would require matching scholarship funding for women sports as well. This scholarship funding would surpass any travel costs incurred over one season of hockey. This is something everyone overlooks whenever the topic of a move to FBS for football comes up.

Well, if we go FBS, I believe all you would have to add is either women's swimming or lacrosse to cover the additional football scholly's.

SactoHornetAlum said:
SDHornet said:
SactoHornetAlum said:
SDHornet said:
Super Hornet said:

Let's just add women's football. There are already several professional leagues in existence, and a four-time world champion team in Sac itself. A college team feeding players to it would be a great thing.

Well, if we go FBS, I believe all you would have to add is either women's swimming or lacrosse to cover the additional football scholly's.

Super Hornet said:
SactoHornetAlum said:
SDHornet said:
SactoHornetAlum said:
SDHornet said:
Super Hornet said:

Let's just add women's football. There are already several professional leagues in existence, and a four-time world champion team in Sac itself. A college team feeding players to it would be a great thing.

I was thinking women’s football would be a nice touch. But I had this one in mind:

http://www.lflus.com/

:cool:

Latest posts

Back