• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Seth Johnson to ISU

SLCBengal

Inside Dakota Sports has a nice article about Seth Johnson, a determined player from South Dakota with a lot of heart, and who is headed for Pocatello...

During Spring Break, Seth and his parents piled into the car and traveled west. They stopped at schools along the route, tried to meet with coaches, and everywhere the response was the same. “Who are you? You’re too late. We’re set for the fall.”

Of all the campuses they visited, Seth loved Idaho State the most...

Read more: InsideDakotaSports: Seth Johnson On the Road to Idaho

Walk-on?

I wish the local media would pick up this story. It makes you want to root for the kid. But it also makes you realize he got extremely lucky. The next time some kid whines that he wasn't offered a scholarship, ask him how many camps he has attended and how many phone calls he has made to various schools. Good learning experience.

JJB said:
Walk-on?

I wish the local media would pick up this story. It makes you want to root for the kid. But it also makes you realize he got extremely lucky. The next time some kid whines that he wasn't offered a scholarship, ask him how many camps he has attended and how many phone calls he has made to various schools. Good learning experience.

I couldn't agree with you more. This is a great story to see and these are the types of things that can bring fans back into the fold. If you read this--how can someone not pull for the kid?

Thank you all Bengal fans!! We are so happy for Seth and his decision to play at ISU. He was a 3 sport athlete that had to make a decision, after spending his junior year watching his teammates play. We are so eager to come to Pocatello to watch some football. He is such a hard working kid, probably like most of his ISU teammates. Your support of my son means the world to me. Seth's mom.

Welcome to the board, Mom. There will be times when you'll need to take what you read here with a grain of salt (or six or seven)...but one thing you will come to understand is the Bengal fans are passionate...and want a winner more than anything! There are tons of people around here just waiting for a reason to support the program...and if Seth is who we think he is...he will help create the attitude on this team that will make it happen.

Hopefully we can overcome the losing tradition that we've had for quite some time at ISU, and sometime soon begin to start turning around a program that the fans, boosters, alums, players -- and parents of players can be proud of and will be glad to travel from afar to be able to see. Many have predicted that we'll win just two games this year -- although I predict we'll win three, with those teams being Western States Insurance and Northern Colorado. And I think there will be an upset during the season, quite possibly at home against Portland State as they're one team that we've had a fair amount of success over the years.

I just posted the story on KPVI Facebook page. Have to see what happens. Maybe Phil can bring this to the attention to Matt......

Latest posts

Back