• Hi Guest,

We've updated the site to combine all the forums that were part of the Big Sky Fans Network into one location. This will make it easier to navigate and participate in all the discussions for each school without having to have multiple accounts, etc. We are still working out some tweaks but please let us know if you notice anything.

With the migration, in some circumstances, your username could have been merged with one of your other usernames from the other forums. If this is the case, you can request to change your username in your account details page of your profile.
  • Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!
  • Guest, do want an ad free experience on BigSkyFans.com among other benefits? Upgrade your account today!

Simply click your profile name > account upgrades > BigSky Club > choose between the year long subscription (two free months) or month to month

Thanks for the continued support. Cheers!

Seton Finishes Staff...

PBP

Folks:

Take it from me...this is a really, really good staff that Seton has put together:

http://www.isubengals.com/news/2014/8/20/WBB_0820142615.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PBP

I'm sure it's a great staff. But I'm also sure the previous staffs have been great also. It is a VERY concerning thing that Seton changes his staff yearly. Speaks volumes about Seton as a person IMO. Never a good thing to not have continuity.

Bengal:

Continuity is important no question. But how can you stop someone from improving themselves?

He's had a number of assistant coaches who went on to either bigger positions or more money or both.

There have also been some circumstances that has been beyond his control (i.e. family matters...)

Let's take a look (and granted this is from memory)

Jordan Green - Moved to Idaho as top assistant to Jon Newlee, (probably making more) now the top assistant at Gonzaga, probably the top mid major women's basketball team in the country. I'd be shocked if he was making less than six figures.

Angela Munger - Decided to get out of the coaching business to try to have a more 'normal' life. Became an athletic academic advisor at Santa Clara, now is the academic advisor to women's basketball at USC...as in So. California. She is probably making a very good salary given it's Los Angeles.

Holly Robertson - Got out of the coaching business. Got her masters degree in public health. Got married, got a good job at Portneuf hospital. Haven't heard from her in awhile although I have seen her at ISU games in the past.

Laura Dinkins - Left ISU to become the top assistant coach for new coach Jamie White (used to coach No. Colorado) at Fresno State. Again I have to assume she is making more money and is closer to her family in California.

Kemie Nkele - Has gotten out of coaching to complete her master's degree.

Timm Dixon - Is back again as a head coach at a Division II school. Sorry I can't remember the name of it. Again even though its D-2, because it's a head coaching position he may be making more money.

Ashley Elliot - Left because her father was very ill at the time and wanted to be closer to him in Arizona (From what I understand he is now better). Took a director of basketball operations position at Arizona State. Still working there in athletics although I understand it's a different position. Have to think she is making more money in that job. I mean ASU is in the Pac-12.

Toni Gianitti - Left to become an assistant coach at San Jose State for former Sac. State head coach Jamie Craighead. Probably got more money since San Jose State is a D-1 program. From what I understand he is now out of coaching and moved back with his wife to Florida where they are from.

Honestly I can't see a lot of areas here where Seton could have requested that they stay in good conscience, do you?

Unless you are a head coach, ISU, like most of the schools in the Big Sky is used as a stepping stone by people to bigger and better things. Only exception to that rule is Montana and you can probably only name a handful at best of schools, regardless of classification, that can make that claim.

PBP

I guess we'll agree to disagree. You are obviously close to the situation and very close to Seton. Out of curiosity, I bet if you polled the 8 assistants you mentioned if they would ever work for Seton again, it would be 8 out of 8 that would say no way. I can't say I've talked to them all, but I've spoken with over half and they all hated working for him. There's more to the story of each of them leaving and you know it. 11 assistants in a 5 year span is just ridiculous and a sign of instability. There's just no way to sugar coat it.

Bengal:

You said 11 assistants, who did I miss...this was from memory.

Agreed I am close to the program and to Seton, that's my job but if I honestly thought this was a problem, because of my obligations to the listeners I'd say something about it in a tactful way.

I just don't think this is as big of an issue as you seem to think, it doesn't seem to be impacting the won / loss record and in fact the majority of the assistant coaches are getting bigger jobs at bigger programs for more money (I assume).

I also admit I don't know everything that goes on, I try not to get into personal matters when I speak to the coaches, that's kind of outside the lines for me.

As you say I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I also disagree with your belief that 8 out of 8 say they'd never work for Seton again.

PBP

bengalman said:
8 gone + 3 new ones this year = 11

Yeah, so, :lol:

IMO, its a good sign that people leave ISU, it means they can!!!!! Seriously, this is good!

In fact, I hope Tingey leaves someday, that would mean he kicked butt at ISU and will earn a bigger pay check. What's wrong with that? Of course, Tingey didn't get the NDSU job, he needs to do better here with the two revenue sports.

Bengalman, you be a hater; checked your previous posts and you only log in to 8itch.

Latest posts

Back